Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    sent pm...

Also, I decided to do one more clean install of the latest version, (0.5.2.1)...

Deleted old version - waited for both messages re: app profile deletion - the more contacts you have the longer it takes - BTW

Loaded/installed the new version of YouView via the appScoop Palm beta app catalog. After opening YouView, I entered my phone number and YouMail account PIN as prompted, and all my previous voicemails popped up almost instantly. :.-)

I then turned on Contact Syncing, and within 2 mins, YouView sync'd the 49 contacts I have at the YouMail site, without contact pics, sadly. ;-(

Is the plan to allow YouView to have complete access to the Pre's contacts, and upload them to YouMail, or can the YouMail service link to the Pre through the YouView app? and, will it be possible to change a contacts greeting message from the Pre, eventually, or will that always need to be done at the YouMail site?

It's getting there!
    FWI: The "support website" button on the help page gets you a "the page cannot be found" error. Not sure what this is supposed to link to but has not worked ever that I know of. The other two links to syntactix and youmail work fine.

Not that I need it a lot, but it would be nice if you could reach the help page from the preferences page. Right now it is greyed out.
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    FWI: The "support website" button on the help page gets you a "the page cannot be found" error. Not sure what this is supposed to link to but has not worked ever that I know of. The other two links to syntactix and youmail work fine.

Not that I need it a lot, but it would be nice if you could reach the help page from the preferences page. Right now it is greyed out.
    Thanks!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I did the lastest update with Preware and had to turn Palm Beta off to get YV to install without hanging. Installed fine after that.

Where are you guys on getting YV to use the handset to listen to VM instead of speaker and BT?
  5.    #725  
    FYI Fixed bugs in Greetings section. The next release will have this fixed.

Where are you guys on getting YV to use the handset to listen to VM instead of speaker and BT?
    When Palm provides a way to.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Cool! I really do like this app. Still kinda buggy, but is fun watching it get better with each update.

Thanks
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Cool! I really do like this app. Still kinda buggy, but is fun watching it get better with each update.

Thanks
    Other than contacts and greetings management (which we just fixed just not released) what do you find buggy?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

8.    #728  
    0.5.31 is under review by Palm so we should see it some time next week let's hope
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    This morning I ran a test and have called and my Pre from my landline, (yeah, I still have one of those), to test YouView.

I ignored the calls, YouMail answered the call with the "Smart Greeting", I left a message and hung up.

Within seconds I recieved a text notification from YouMail, as always, but...

5, 10, 15 mins. later YouView never alerted. No dashboard notification, and it didn't wake up. This used to happen with an earlier build after a reset of the Pre, but this time I hadn't reset the Pre.

When I launched YouView, I was notified of the received voice mails. I then closed YouView, and repeated the process. Left message, received text alert, as well as, within 5 mins., YouView sent a dashboard notification of the received voice mail.

After a reboot, ...they, take, sooo, long..... ;-) Without launching YouView, I left another voice mail, and YouView worked perfectly, I received the text alert and the YouView dashboard notification.

Can't figure out why YouView wouldn't wake up on it's own earlier? I guess as long as the texts are received quickly, and that the issue goes away after a reset is reassuring. weird, though. :-)
  10.    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    This morning I ran a test and have called and my Pre from my landline, (yeah, I still have one of those), to test YouView.

I ignored the calls, YouMail answered the call with the "Smart Greeting", I left a message and hung up.

Within seconds I recieved a text notification from YouMail, as always, but...

5, 10, 15 mins. later YouView never alerted. No dashboard notification, and it didn't wake up. This used to happen with an earlier build after a reset of the Pre, but this time I hadn't reset the Pre.

When I launched YouView, I was notified of the received voice mails. I then closed YouView, and repeated the process. Left message, received text alert, as well as, within 5 mins., YouView sent a dashboard notification of the received voice mail.

After a reboot, ...they, take, sooo, long..... ;-) Without launching YouView, I left another voice mail, and YouView worked perfectly, I received the text alert and the YouView dashboard notification.

Can't figure out why YouView wouldn't wake up on it's own earlier? I guess as long as the texts are received quickly, and that the issue goes away after a reset is reassuring. weird, though. :-)
    Yeah the wake up issue is interesting, I know there has been some talks of issues with it in the Palm developer forum but like you said its very inconsistent so no one can confirm or deny that it is an issue lol.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 02/13/2010 at 08:12 AM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Is there any other way to install the update. I removed it and then tried to download, but all it says is installing... I saw the notification go buy saying it is installed but the app catalog will not move past installing. This has happened before but now I cannot install the app. If I close the app catalog I have an icon but with the blue circle on it. and all that does is take me to the app catalog again where it says installing...This is very frustrating. Is there a way to install this through QI or by passing the app catalog. I really would like to get this back but I don't know how. I hope you guys fix this before it goes live.
    Yeah, in Preware hit the menu, manage feeds, and disable Palm Beta. Update feeds again and install.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Yeah, in Preware hit the menu, manage feeds, and disable Palm Beta. Update feeds again and install.
    Unbelievable, Thank you very much!!! This was driving me mad!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    The app is not deleting off of the phone. I am able to get the YOUVIEW icon to delete, but if I leave a voice mail, I'm still getting the YOUVIEW greeting. How can I completely delete the app?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    The app is not deleting off of the phone. I am able to get the YOUVIEW icon to delete, but if I leave a voice mail, I'm still getting the YOUVIEW greeting. How can I completely delete the app?
    Did you "un"forward your VM back to Sprints system? The code is on the YM site somewhere.. .
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Re: YouView dashboard notifications,

Not only has the "Multiple notifications" bug been squashed, but, now when you have more than one voice mail message, not only is the total number of voice mail messages received listed in the "icon bubble", the message contact info "rotates" in the dashboard notification area, as well. (much like the way the Weather Dashboard app works)

I don't know if it worked this way in the past, but it's nice to be able to glance at the dashboard, and see if any of the alerts are important or not, without having to open the YouView app.

Too bad the messaging and email notifications don't work the same way.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Damn.. that palm-beta bs is causing some serious havok. Why won't they take the damn thing off?
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Re: YouView dashboard notifications,

Not only has the "Multiple notifications" bug been squashed, but, now when you have more than one voice mail message, not only is the total number of voice mail messages received listed in the "icon bubble", the message contact info "rotates" in the dashboard notification area, as well. (much like the way the Weather Dashboard app works)

I don't know if it worked this way in the past, but it's nice to be able to glance at the dashboard, and see if any of the alerts are important or not, without having to open the YouView app.

Too bad the messaging and email notifications don't work the same way.
    We are toying with the idea of adding a delete from dashboard feature much like the email patch on Preware. Thoughts?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We are toying with the idea of adding a delete from dashboard feature much like the email patch on Preware. Thoughts?
    I like that idea
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

So I installed this app and didn't like it so I removed it but now no one can leave me a voicemail. It keeps prompting them to enter their phone number. How do I fix this?