Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    So does this app fail to install for anyone else, or just me?
    How are you trying to install it? Preware? filecoster? QI? First installation or do you have old version on phone?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I think im running into a possible bug...may have been reported but ill say it again.

Seems like after a luna restart or reboot Youview WILL NOT work in the backround after the app is opened it recieves messages and will work in backround till the next luna restart.

Anyone else see this too......i dont remeber this in the early betas but it may have gone missed???
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I think im running into a possible bug...may have been reported but ill say it again.

Seems like after a luna restart or reboot Youview WILL NOT work in the backround after the app is opened it recieves messages and will work in backround till the next luna restart.

Anyone else see this too......i dont remeber this in the early betas but it may have gone missed???
    A couple of people have noticed this and not quiet sure why, nothing has changed there and is the same code we use for Pack 'n' Track. I will spend some time with different webos versions and see if something changed.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yes, I noticed this a couple of days ago and mentioned it to Arcticus at Syntactix and I tested the issue again today.

Now, I don't do homebrew, so I don't know nothin' 'bout no "Luna" resets, ;-) - but, the same thing happens after a normal device reset. (which has to be done every couple of days due to the "too many cards" issue that many of us have been suffering with.) I've noticed the same issue with Weather Dashboard.

Kinda' wish we had a "start up" folder, that would launch specific apps after a restart.

Hmmmm, maybe there's a way a self launching app could do something like that....
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I also have this problem.

-Tim
  6.    #706  
    Can anyone check to see if this is limited to YouView or all background apps. I don't want to check versus Pack 'n' Track since the YouView background code came from it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

7.    #707  
    Posted 0.5.20 which will be (pending a major foobar) our last Release Candidate before pushing the app live. We will then begin our 1.4 changes and focus on contacts integration.

This release brings some minor fixes and you will down direct dial when hitting the redial button. No need to confirm thats who you want to dial.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    0.5.20 notes...

YouView updated from the app catalog update page with out problems. (didn't delete 0.5.10 first)

Upon loading YouView, at first, my previous contacts were still there, and when I turned on contact sync, it duplicated all my contacts. So, I swipped away the duplicates, and closed the app, and reset the Pre. ...to see if after getting a message, YouView would wake-up and alert.

Once the Pre (finally), reset, I called the Pre from my landline. I instantly, (5seconds after hanging up!) got a text alert, followed about 3 mins later by theYouView app alert. (Yea!) YouView now wakes up on it's own after a reset. ;-)

Bad news, after the reboot, all contacts were wipped out! ;-( I was able to load them one by one, sans contact pics, via the "create from contacts" option. however, there were a few glitches with contacts "merging" with other contacts, and a couple of contact pics were transfered, but they didn't stick around, and were gone when YouView was closed and restarted. Also, the newly created contacts wouldn't show up in YouView, without the app being closed and restarted.

On the YouMail site, however, all the contacts that I created on the Pre, (using "create from contacts"), were there, complete with contact pics!)

1.4 will fix this, right? <fingers crossed> because although, YouView is now working well, it looks so much better when contact pics are synced correctly.

Lastly, Re: the YouView notification window. It displays the callers contact pic to the left of the main status, callerID, window, where as most other notifications, (missed calls, texts), display this pic on the far right of the status window. When a few notifications are "stacked", the YouView notification would "fit in" better, if it displayed this pic in the "standard", far right, location.

Now, to see if I can load some contact pics.... so far, no joy. ;-( I guess I'll have to 1.4 to drop! ;-)
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/12/2010 at 12:07 AM.
    5.2 still does not fix the scrim issue on the home scene in 1.4.
    Last edited by Kev1000000; 02/12/2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    In this new update (5.20) is "YouView Notifications" (On/Off) the same as the previous 'run in background' setting?
    I always had that turned off as I have no need for YV to check every 5 minutes for VM's. They still arrive within 2-3 minutes anyways.. .
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    In this new update (5.20) is "YouView Notifications" (On/Off) the same as the previous 'run in background' setting?
    I always had that turned off as I have no need for YV to check every 5 minutes for VM's. They still arrive within 2-3 minutes anyways.. .
    Correct we renamed it to hopefully clarify it a bit.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

12.    #712  
    Upon loading YouView, at first, my previous contacts were still there, and when I turned on contact sync, it duplicated all my contacts. So, I swipped away the duplicates, and closed the app, and reset the Pre. ...to see if after getting a message, YouView would wake-up and alert.
    Sorry our bad. We usually don't migrate the settings database during beta, we should of since many people spend allot of time getting contacts setup. 1.4 has rumors of helping allot with synergy so we will see.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Can't wait for this to arrive in the UK. Loved visual voicemail on the iPhone.

Hope to see it soon on Pre (UK)

Dan
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <1.4 has rumors of helping allot with synergy so we will see. >

I hope it does, I can't figure out why the contact pics are not synced with all the other info - considering they DO sync with the YouMail website. I would think YouView would "see" them as well. I've had no luck loading them via "edit contact" , I am able to open, select and save a photo, but it never shows up in YouView.

Although, (ghost in the machine syndrome), of the 30 or so contacts I loaded via "create from contacts", one of them synced the contact pic! ...can't find anything different about that, contact though. ...go figure ;-)

Hopefully we'll see improvement next week.
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    <1.4 has rumors of helping allot with synergy so we will see. >

I hope it does, I can't figure out why the contact pics are not synced with all the other info - considering they DO sync with the YouMail website. I would think YouView would "see" them as well. I've had no luck loading them via "edit contact" , I am able to open, select and save a photo, but it never shows up in YouView.

Although, (ghost in the machine syndrome), of the 30 or so contacts I loaded via "create from contacts", one of them synced the contact pic! ...can't find anything different about that, contact though. ...go figure ;-)

Hopefully we'll see improvement next week.
    YouView will only add contacts if it has a valid display name and phone number. So contacts that just have an email will not be added.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

16.    #716  
    0.5.21 just fixes a create account setup issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <YouView will only add contacts if it has a valid display name and phone number. So contacts that just have an email will not be added.

Syntactix LLC>

The contacts I was trying to add pic to, all had names and numbers, but none of the pics synced to the YouView app, when the contacts did. ...and although, I was able to select and save a pic, by using the "Edit" contact button, the pic would not be added to the contact in question.
  18.    #718  
    <YouView will only add contacts if it has a valid display name and phone number. So contacts that just have an email will not be added.

Syntactix LLC>

The contacts I was trying to add pic to, all had names and numbers, but none of the pics synced to the YouView app, when the contacts did. ...and although, I was able to select and save a pic, by using the "Edit" contact button, the pic would not be added to the contact in question.
    Hmm i wonder what the pic size is. We have to base64 encode the image in order to upload it and the algorithm will timeout with large images files.

Also if you add pics via the web interface the pics won't currently sync with contacts only voicemails (the contact should still sync though).
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <Hmm i wonder what the pic size is. We have to base64 encode the image in order to upload it and the algorithm will timeout with large images files.>

I think most of the contact pics are standard FaceBook profile pics, whatever size that is. Most are from the Palm Profile - Facebook sync, and a few of the contacts were sync'd from my Google account.

Oh, and the pics all loaded to the YouMail website contact area, without a problem, they just did not sync with the contacts in the YouView app.

Without contact pics, the YouView interface is kinda bland. ;-)
  20.    #720  
    <Hmm i wonder what the pic size is. We have to base64 encode the image in order to upload it and the algorithm will timeout with large images files.>

I think most of the contact pics are standard FaceBook profile pics, whatever size that is. Most are from the Palm Profile - Facebook sync, and a few of the contacts were sync'd from my Google account.

Oh, and the pics all loaded to the YouMail website contact area, without a problem, they just did not sync with the contacts in the YouView app.

Without contact pics, the YouView interface is kinda bland. ;-)
    Hmmm ok well its something to go on. Can you PM me your email so I can send you test builds if your interested when we begin to really dig into this.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC