Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Hmm maybe its choking on parsing one of the prefs. Can you shoot me a PM with your email?
    sent
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Mines fine. Did a delete and fresh install
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Is it possible to view contacts in 5.1? When I choose "nevermind" then try to view contacts I get the sync or nevermind option again. If I choose sync it starts multiplying my contacts again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    how is everyone doing on the 0.5.1 version?
    I'm doing great. I haven't had any problems, but I don't have many contacts in youmail and people rarely leave messages. When they do leave a message, this app keeps me from the frustration of not being able to hear it. I love this app (even prior to update).
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Great app.

...and will be greater when contacts, (and pics), sync from Pre to YouView. Then, it will be much easier to create/update personalized outgoing messages for important contacts etc.

...and when I can actually HEAR the voice messages!

Seriously, boost the volume - I'll worry about the "being discreet" part, (I'll just turn DOWN the volume!), but, when the volume is all the way up, and I still have to strain to hear the message... - the volume should get a "nudge" in the "up" direction. ;-)

Thanks, can't wait to see what's next!
    running 5.10 without contacts sync and running fine with my transcription service. Youview with Youmail transcription is outstanding.

I am still getting notification at times that a new version (5.10) is available. Also I note that the link to the support website is bad.

when I get a voicemail I am getting two youview alerts. The first one is a small one-line notice in the dashboard area and comes pretty soon after the sms alert. The second one is a bigger notification (bigger icon, takes up more real estate) that come a little bit later. Not sure what so going on with that.

lastly what is the purpose of the two different folder dropdowns on the main screen. The one left is set to "inbox" and middle one set to "all" in default but what is diff between the two dropdown boxes?
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/06/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Just and FYI for the developer and anyone else looking for help installing 5.10...I have been trying for two days to install 5.10 from the beta app catalog via the phone with no luck. The app was messed up after trying to update from 4.26 so I tried deleting and doing a fresh install of 5.10 multiple times. The app would say "installing", but would never finish.

I am now running 5.10, but had to download from precentral and install using Quick Install. It works great and the app is better than ever, but the install from the app catalog needs to be fixed...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudny View Post
    Just and FYI for the developer and anyone else looking for help installing 5.10...I have been trying for two days to install 5.10 from the beta app catalog via the phone with no luck. The app was messed up after trying to update from 4.26 so I tried deleting and doing a fresh install of 5.10 multiple times. The app would say "installing", but would never finish.

I am now running 5.10, but had to download from precentral and install using Quick Install. It works great and the app is better than ever, but the install from the app catalog needs to be fixed...
    The problem with the Beta catalog has been discussed a number of times in this thread. Don't use it and turn off the Beta feed if using preware
    I was having trouble installing from Preware. I downloaded it from FileCoaster and it works fine now!

Great program!
    I have this app installed but it doesn't let me listen to my voicemails. I have a lot of voicemails but whenever I check for new messages or even TRY to look at my messages, they don't show. It synced my contacts & everything. But idk. I'm kinda disappointed because the very first version worked & now 5.1 doesn't. =( Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I have this app installed but it doesn't let me listen to my voicemails. I have a lot of voicemails but whenever I check for new messages or even TRY to look at my messages, they don't show. It synced my contacts & everything. But idk. I'm kinda disappointed because the very first version worked & now 5.1 doesn't. =( Please help.

Did you do a complete uninstall that waited until you got BOTH messages before installing 5.1? I know I had some problems with this.

Way it worked for me:

-Delete app from launcher with the orange button
    -You will get TWO notifications in the dashboard, wait until you see both of them
    -Install new app from filecoaster, WebOSQI or preware (with the palm beta feed turned off)
    -don't sync the contacts. Not needed to get your voicemail and it causes problems for some.
    Just wanted to let you know there are issues with this app and 1.4. The scrim on the main screen never goes away.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    first, a question;

Any update on improving the linking/syncing of contacts, (and contact pics), between the Pre and the YouMail YouView app? This is one of the biggest "usability" issues for this app. Once contact info is properly synced, this app really shines. Getting that done remains problematic.

I've been using the webOS YouMail app for about a week, I really don't care about transcriptions of voicemails, so I'm using the free service of YouMail, along with the webOS YouView app. ...yeah, it IS a little confusing... ;-)

Re: alert notifications of received voice mails: I've noticed if the Pre has been reset/rebooted, I don't get YouMail voice mail notifications from the YouView app, ...until I open the app. Once the app has been opened, then closed, I'll get all YouMail / YouView notifications, (within 5 mins), until the Pre is reset/re-booted again. (which, sadly needs to be done every couple of days due to the "too many cards" issue.) Not YouView's fault - BTW

I really like the ability to customize caller greetings for contacts and groups of contacts, but, I wish the Smart Greeting feature was more flexible. i.e. I only want to use it for callers who are in my contacts list. I want all other callers to be greeted by another, "general" greeting. (one that does not use my name, as Smart Greeting does.)

I really, REALLY like the ability to "ditch" callers who's caller-id info is being blocked, but still allow callers who's number comes up as "unavailable", to leave a voice mail.

I understand the issue of sound output to the Pre, (and if I turn the phone around and put the back speaker directly to my ear, I can hear the voice mails, ...at max volume. ;-) ...the output from the app has got to be boosted. I can barely hear voicemails being played back through my Blueant Q1 headset. (and YouMail is the only app in which volume thoughput to the headset is an issue. Next to the syncing of contacts, this is the next biggest issue - you gotta HEAR voice mails. ;-)

The "in app" notifications are really good looking, I like that the little one has some color to it. I've noticed that the YouView app notification does not add new voice mails, it just resets to the newest voice mail, and the total number of VM's received remains at 1. (...even though, there have been more than one voice mail message received.) The text & email notification are almost instant - 10-15 secs, at most. I only use Text alerts for hang-ups, I've found email notifications to be redundant so I don't use them, and may quit using the text alerts as well. That said, it is very easy to enable/disable these notifications from within the YouView app.

This app could/should/WILL be, a must have app for webOS, once the bugs are squashed, and the functionality and feature set are improved on a bit. ...and I'm surprised it hasn't received more "buzz" around here.

In just over a week, it's one of my top 5 apps! (I just have to remember to load it once after a reboot.)

I've noticed on the YouMail website, that whole phone systems/telcos have switched to the YouMail: visual voicemail system for their voice mail needs. Maybe Sprint will do the same thing.

I'm not missing the Sprint voicemail service at all!
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/09/2010 at 10:52 AM.
  14.    #694  
    First off great feedback...

Any update on improving the linking/syncing of contacts, (and contact pics), between the Pre and the YouMail YouView app? This is one of the biggest "usability" issues for this app. Once contact info is properly synced, this app really shines. Getting that done remains problematic.
    Not until 1.4 is released to the public. Right now we are focusing on core functions to release the app. We are waiting to see what improvements are made in 1.4 that could help us. Also we need changes from Palm and the only leverage we have over them is the community. So we will release the app and use its success as leverage to drive the changes we need.

The "in app" notifications are really good looking, I like that the little one has some color to it. I've noticed that the YouView app notification does not add new voice mails, it just resets to the newest voice mail, and the total number of VM's received remains at 1.
    Just took a look at this and corrected it. The next build should reflect the number of voicemails received since the last dashboard notification was acknowledged.

I understand the issue of sound output to the Pre, (and if I turn the phone around and put the back speaker directly to my ear, I can hear the voice mails, ...at max volume. ;-) ...the output from the app has got to be boosted. I can barely hear voicemails being played back through my Blueant Q1 headset. (and YouMail is the only app in which volume thoughput to the headset is an issue. Next to the syncing of contacts, this is the next biggest issue - you gotta HEAR voice mails. ;-)
    1.4 brings a brand new audio driver to WebOs. We should see some improvements with this, however we can not fully convert to the new interface for it since we need to support backward compatibility so we are not sure what in the new driver will work in compatibility mode.

Thank you again for the feedback. We will be submitting this to the app catalog this week, with one more beta build in between.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi,

Initially I downloaded and installed the YouView app and it worked well, however, it started failing to load any new voicemails into the app about a week after I downloaded it, even though I was receiving email and text notifications of new voicemails. This was in late January. I've been trying delete to reinstall the app ever since. I've never received those two dashboard messages after deleting the app from the launcher, by the way. The app downloads just fine when I try downloading it again, but when it installs, I get an installed successfully notification on the bottom of my Pre Plus, but the App Catalog download window that opened up separately from Preware still says "Installing..." even after it's finished installing. I then look for the YouView app in the Launcher, and I find it, but the icon has a blue circle with a black dot in the middle over the top right corner of the app icon. I select the app and it brings me to the App Catalog's My Applications list with all the app updates available, as if it wants me to update the app, but it is not in that My Applications list to update. This is as far as I get. It's pretty frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by msliepka View Post
    Hi,

Initially I downloaded and installed the YouView app and it worked well, however, it started failing to load any new voicemails into the app about a week after I downloaded it, even though I was receiving email and text notifications of new voicemails. This was in late January. I've been trying delete to reinstall the app ever since. I've never received those two dashboard messages after deleting the app from the launcher, by the way. The app downloads just fine when I try downloading it again, but when it installs, I get an installed successfully notification on the bottom of my Pre Plus, but the App Catalog download window that opened up separately from Preware still says "Installing..." even after it's finished installing. I then look for the YouView app in the Launcher, and I find it, but the icon has a blue circle with a black dot in the middle over the top right corner of the app icon. I select the app and it brings me to the App Catalog's My Applications list with all the app updates available, as if it wants me to update the app, but it is not in that My Applications list to update. This is as far as I get. It's pretty frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    Ok, first hold the orange button and tap the YouView icon. This should let you delete the app. Then restart/reset your phone. After that download it from Preware, not Palm Beta. I had the same issues with downloading it from Palm Beta. In Preware you can go into preferences and turn off the Beta feed. Remember to restart after deleting.
    Hi. I had some problems with installing 5.1 update like others but figured it out before coming to forum. Duh. I too would like to see better contact sync to the program and a little more volume. However, YouView is already the start of a must have program. I really like the possibilities and control it brings to voice mails and I really like getting em's and vm's of voice mail. Among other features. After Webos 1.4 and YouView fixes some of issues I am sure that I will be totally ready to commit and will get the transcription service. The demo worked really well. Great Program.
    Has anyone had a problem loading a few particular contacts? I was able to load almost all of mine by restarting YouView and restarting the phone, but there are 4 that would not load no matter what I did. All 5 have the same last name, address, and home phone. I have 7 total contacts with that same last name. I was able to load the 2 w/ different phone numbers and 1 with the shared home number, but I could not load the other 4 with the shared home #. As soon as i removed the shared home phone # from all 5, I was able to load all but 1. Still working on the last one. Has anyone else noticed that it will not let you load multiple contacts with shared info???? Still a great app though......
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Has anyone had a problem loading a few particular contacts? I was able to load almost all of mine by restarting YouView and restarting the phone, but there are 4 that would not load no matter what I did. All 5 have the same last name, address, and home phone. I have 7 total contacts with that same last name. I was able to load the 2 w/ different phone numbers and 1 with the shared home number, but I could not load the other 4 with the shared home #. As soon as i removed the shared home phone # from all 5, I was able to load all but 1. Still working on the last one. Has anyone else noticed that it will not let you load multiple contacts with shared info???? Still a great app though......
    I have been trying to load several of my contacts. First, I only see the contacts that have called me in the Pre YouView app Contact list. When I tried to load each contact one-by-one into the YouView app on my Pre, some loaded but only show up in the YouMail app online. They do not show in the YouView Contacts list on the Pre. However, there are some that will not load in either. There is no distinction comparison between each of those that will not load. Any ideas?

Second issue is, I get what seems to be a message letting me know there is a new version with the option to press a button I can't remember what it's used for, back arrow, forward arrow (greyed out), and a close button. I read through all the windows but at the end, the forward arrow disappears without an option to download. When I check to see which version I have, it shows the same version that appeared in the notification window. Does the update automatically download and this series of notification windows is just to let you that there has been an update? I have read over this notification several times and no where does it say that it has downloaded the update. My last version is 5.10.
    Last edited by TobyLarue; 02/09/2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    So does this app fail to install for anyone else, or just me?