Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    2 issues... One minor and one major..

1- I have not been getting YouView Notifications.. The only way I know of a message is text notifications..and even if I "check for new messages" nothing happens for 10 min or so...

2- YouView doesn't recognize that a bluetooth is connected.. I know that there are audio limitations at the moment but webos is setup where luetooth overrides the speakerphone
  2.    #642  
    Over the weekend we did a business review of YouView. Here is a summary of our conclusions:

1. We have a great core visual voicemail app. When it comes to what the intent of the app is, I believe we have accomplished it and accomplished it well.

2. Contact Synergy has turned out to be tremoundously more difficult than anticipated. There are some things that need worked on from our end and some things we need some guidence from Palm on (ie. why the last 3rd party app to add a contact becomes the primary profile is by design?). Although contacts integration will allow us to do implement some advanced features, they are not required to do the core of what the app is intended to do. Also many of those advanced features can still be done through the web interface.

So where do we go from here?

1. We are going to turn off contacts syncing and make it a configurable parameter under preferences. Users can manually turn it on but will be prompted with a warning saying this is an advanced feature that is in beta and can cause highly undesirable affects. The user will also be prompted with this if they hit the contacts button and they have not turned on syncing.

This will allow us to release the core app. We feel this will appeal to a good portion of our audience and even without the advanced features of contacts integration, the app will still be successfull in the catalog. We can then leverage this success to lean on Palm to make the changes we need to make this the app everyone desires (i.e. playback through the ear piece).

2. These changes should be done soon (as in this week) and we will ask users to provide detailed feedback and impressions. We will then release the app to Palm for the official catalog.

3. We can then continously improve the app while providing NOW the service that the WebOs community needs and wants. Our end goal would be to provide an app that implements all the features of the web interface and then some.

I know many of you have questions on what is the purpose of syncing contacts so I will try to address some of this.

By syncing contacts, we provide advanced features such as control over personlized greetings for each contact. The ability to block a contact from leaving you a voicemail. Also an easy way to respond via text or email instead of calling back. There are some neat things we can do with contacts but those are the core.

Contact syncing does not affect the ability to recognize callers who leave voicemails. That is handled server side and passed down seperatly.

We feel this approach and strategy will help meet the needs of the community the fastest.

Some other notes. If you have catalog install issues please harrass Palm as this is not our issue and not restricted to just YouView. Developers are taking the brunt of this and right now since we are beta 0 star reviews don't mean much, but for those that are in production it can hurt allot.

When the new build comes out You MUST delete YouView using the orange button method and then wait for it to fully remove the YouView profile. This can take while if you have allot of contacts. You will see 2 banners, one saying it started and a second saying it is complete. Do NOT reinstall YouView until this is finished.

We welcome feedback from the community and hope you will support us especially when we hit the official catalog. (we wouldn't mind a piece of that hot apps pie ). We have some great things coming down the pipe and look forward to sharing them with you. We believe we have heard the community and hopefully this will meet its needs. Ok enough blabbering I will get back to coding

- Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Arcticus - I see u are in Melbourne, I am in Orlando. I downloaded the trial and will purchase for my wife's pixi and my pre....my primary question is what's teh deal with the speakerphone voicemail, can there be icons like the default platform?
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Arcticus - I see u are in Melbourne, I am in Orlando. I downloaded the trial and will purchase for my wife's pixi and my pre....my primary question is what's teh deal with the speakerphone voicemail, can there be icons like the default platform?
    The speaker phone is a limitation by Palm and one of the things we hope the success of our app will pressure them into fixing sooner than later.

Not sure what you mean by the icons, can you be a bit more specific?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Thanks for the quick response. By icon, I was making reference to the call pad where there are icons for speakerphone, mute, etc...but you answered the question as being a Palm issue, gee that sucks. I am going ahead and purchase for myself now, and the wifey later...thanks and keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Arcticus, thanks for the great explanation of the contacts features! It has been great seeing this application progress, and I look forward to seeing it in the catalog soon!
    Thanks Arcticus,
    When I had trouble with the download/install the support was immediate and helpful! Also, I found that by initiating the sync from the youmail.com site everything went smoothly. I did have a few duplicate contacts appear, but now that they're linked properly from my phone, everything seems fine.

So far I <3 this app!! Definitely hope that Palm gets their act together on both the download problems and the speaker issues, but that's not your fault and hopefully you'll get enough users that Palm will have to help you out!

GREAT APP!! 5* all the way!!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response! The password is important to me because I get sensitive business calls...

As for the notes, wouldn't it be similar to the voicemail to text option, but the end user can fill in the data?

Just some suggestions...love the app.
    Thank you so much. I just downloaded this and signed up at youmail.com I'm loving it! It was almost a deal breaker for me when I switched from a Samsung Instinct to the Pixi and found there was no visual voice mail. I so glad I don't have to wade through 30 "mom" messages. lol
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    This app shows a lot of promise. I'm having a problem with a wedged contact sync, though. Every time I start the app, it tries to sync a contact indefinitely. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and the behaviour continues.

If we can get that ironed out, I'll be a happy camper. Build 0.3.somethingorother (I didn't catch the last number) was working quite nicely, but 0.4.26 seems to have the contact sync freeze problem.

Looking forward to the next build!
    Quote Originally Posted by onduvalst View Post
    I so glad I don't have to wade through 30 "mom" messages. lol
    Answer those "mom" messages. Before you know it they will be older and you will wonder why they don't call anymore
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    There should be a way to also turn off notification icons from youview. When i have text notification on I dont need a second notification. Also can you make a link in the text message to take you straight to the youview app to listen to the message.
    reinstalled to the latest version and it synced contacts fine. but it seems that it has created duplicate contacts on my pre. anyone else have this happen?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    yea mine created duplicate contact on my pre which is ok for some becasue the duplicate did not show up unless you went in to edit the contact. Now some of them, the phone number was incomplete only creating phone numbers with 9 and 8 digits which it annoying. Made it seem like I had more phone numbers for each contact
    I enjoyed using the app, but since the last update, it will not install. I deleted everything and tried again. It downloads, but will not finish installing. A banner popped up saying it was installed, but when I look at the app, itstill has the blue ring around it. Other apps install fine. I let it sit all night, but never finished installing. Do I need to do somthing else? The internet sight works well on the phone, but I liked using the app.

Update: Quick install could not read my phone after I tried unsuccessfully to update YouView. It would connect, but would not show installed apps. Quickinstall will not work. My phone then crashed when I disconected it. I am almost 100% sure YouVeiw created this mess. I reset my phone and will try it again.
    Last edited by crawdaddct; 02/04/2010 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    yea mine created duplicate contact on my pre which is ok for some becasue the duplicate did not show up unless you went in to edit the contact. Now some of them, the phone number was incomplete only creating phone numbers with 9 and 8 digits which it annoying. Made it seem like I had more phone numbers for each contact
    You could link the duplicate numbers but it is very tedious if you have a lot of duplicates.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I no longer get the youmail notification. It used to work but no longer does. I guess I could try getting the text notifications but I liked the other better. Now the only time I get the notification is if I open the youview program. Then they come through. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I no longer get the youmail notification. It used to work but no longer does. I guess I could try getting the text notifications but I liked the other better. Now the only time I get the notification is if I open the youview program. Then they come through. Any ideas?
    Yeah, me too. I used to get notified of all missed calls as well.
    my ap keeps displaying "Syncing undefined of 1 contacts), any ideas???
    Can anyone tell me why this keeps going? It doesn't let the program go. & it just gets stuck until I close it & open it again. It changes numbers & gets stuck again. Am I doing something wrong?
    Screen Shot 1:
    Yfrog - jzc - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Screen Shot 2:
    Yfrog - zwnj - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Screen Shot 3:
    Yfrog - bym - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro