Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I'm having some difficulties.

But first let me say that when I had the program installed and working, I really liked it.

Difficulty #1:

When 0.4.25 was installed on my Pre, I went on-line to YouMail and imported a Contacts file. It then automatically updated/synced those Contacts into YouView on my Pre.

But when I first imported the Contacts file into YouMail, a couple Contacts did not import. So after the others were successfully updated/synced into the Pre, I tried to add an additional contact into YouView in the Pre from the Address Book but it would not 'add' and appear. (problem #1)

I then went back into YouMail and managed to import the specific Contact that had been missing, so it currently shows on that list in my YouMail account.

However, the YouMail Contacts would not sync/update with the Contacts in YouMail in the Pre after that initial sync. (problem #2) I don't know if there's something to do to make this happen, but I couldn't find it.

Difficulty #2:

When I saw the Forums post here for the update to 0.4.26, I found it in Preware and Preware says it's the new version of 0.4.26. I tapped update, but the only thing that would happen is that it would bring up the ability to launch 0.4.20. (problem #3)

Then I thought, maybe I need to delete YouView and do a fresh install. So I did.

Then I went back into Preware and found the new 0.4.26 and when I tried to install it, it would only let me install the old 0.4.20. (problem #4)

=======> So, I liked the App a lot when i had it and it was working. But please help ....
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    now youview doesn't go through the initial contact sync. I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the app but i still don't get the initial sync. Please help
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Installed 4.26 last night here's how it went

Followed instructions and deleted old version with orange/tap. Got the message that it was deleting youview information.

Went to preware and downloaded 4.26 without any problems.

Ran 4.26. Re-entered account info etc but when it went to sync contacts, it hung up after 6 (out of 324 contacts). Closed the windwo and when reopened youview it seemed to be working fine except only those 6 contacts were showing. No amount of closing or restarting would get it to sync again (perhaps need a forced/maual sync button?)

So.... deleted again with orange/tap and went back to reload from preware. THIS time, however, Preware said that youview was already installed, only gave me the choice of launching and deleting the app.

After deleting from preware. Even though I had already deleted with orange button and then deleted via preware, AFTER closing preware I got the deleting youview notice. But the app was in the launcher so ran it again, re-entered account info again, and it all seemed to load fine. Although hesitated for a long time at one point, it looks like all of my contacts synced and the app looks like its working fine.

So, a couple of thoughts.

Perhaps the app is not deleting totally and that is causing some of the issues. Even though the orange/delete removed app from launcher, preware thought it was still there.

Sometimes it looks like the syncs get hung up just randomly, but no way of forcing the sync without uninstalling and reinstalling.

Lastly, a real basic question. What is the purpose of having the contact list with the Youview app anyway? What does it do and why is it there? App works fine even when no contacts are synced. The key for this app is to view and retrieve voicemails. As the contact syncing issue seems to be causing all the problems why not just get rid of it? You need to go to youmail to do most of your configuring anyway, so just have the link to go to the youmail page to deal with contacts etc.

I'm not saying having the contacts in the youview app might not be useful for some, but if THIS is what is causing all the problems, then why bother with it? The basic function of what youview is doing in showing my voicemails is exactly what I (and from looks of the thread what others) need and if the contacts situation interferes with that in anyway its not worth it.
    I agree with above post. I am not sure of the usefulness of youmail contacts on my phone, when it is just a voicemail client. Also having to scroll through doubled the amount of phone numbers through the dialpad contacts has become almost unbearable. Being a new user, I am not sure if this is normal or just something that happened with the latest builds.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    First off, Love the app! It took awhile to get the contacts to load, but i finally got them in. There are a couple things that I think can be added and fixed

1. If there is a way, take over the voicemail icon in the phone app to bring up youview
    2. I have 0.4.26 but im still seeing double contacts
    3. No avatars in contacts only
    4. Add a phone icon on the bottom corner of the main screen to access dial pad with no preset number put in
    5. When you tap on a message to play it make the progress bar show at the top of the message and not at the top of the app
    Ok, what is the consensus for the best/easiest way of getting rid of all the duplicate contacts I have now. went from 324 to 600+
    It seems that the Youmail contact automatically sets itself as the main profile in contacts and it's changing around the displayed pic when a contact calls. When I go into the contact to change the Facebook link to the main link it does not do it and the Youmail contact stays as the main link. Can this be changed? I suppose eventually the FB pic will display as the pic in Youmail as well? (as long as it's the main link). Will pics ever show up in contacts within the Youmail app?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Carle3 View Post
    Since the last couple builds I have no longer been getting my phone alerts for a left voice mail. The last couple times I have waited at least15 minutes to see if the alert would come through before launching the application. The application once launched will recognize that there is a new voicemail and display it. I for the most part have no other applications running. I am geting my text alerts no mattter what network I happen to be on. Any trouble shooting ideas?

Thanks
    Same here. Used to get the YouView icon in the notification bar. Don't anymore
    When I go to preferences, the spinning circle keeps spinning, but never loads. (Whether on wifi or EVDO)
    Since installing 4.25 my phone alerts have returned to function as expected. I ran into some issues trying to upgrade to 4.26. I uninstalled and then tried to install with Preware and the process hung up on the installing screen without completing the install. I then tried instaling via WOSQI this worked. My problem then was with starting the application. When starting the application went right to syncing contacts and then hung up. If I would close the card and re-start the application it would proceed to the next contact but always freezing and not progressing to the next contact. I never did receive the typical account set up questions upon first execution of the program. I finaly deleted and went back to 4.25 which is running without issue.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I would like to see, preferably in the preferences pane, an option to let me choose whether or not I want to sync my youview contacts or not. I prefer not to use my youview contacts, as every time I need to install a new version it erases all the photos and the blank photos override my default profile photos. Or at least allow us to make the google or palm the default
    Last edited by lelalouf; 01/31/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

...Lastly, a real basic question. What is the purpose of having the contact list with the Youview app anyway? What does it do and why is it there? App works fine even when no contacts are synced. The key for this app is to view and retrieve voicemails. As the contact syncing issue seems to be causing all the problems why not just get rid of it? You need to go to youmail to do most of your configuring anyway, so just have the link to go to the youmail page to deal with contacts etc.

I'm not saying having the contacts in the youview app might not be useful for some, but if THIS is what is causing all the problems, then why bother with it? The basic function of what youview is doing in showing my voicemails is exactly what I (and from looks of the thread what others) need and if the contacts situation interferes with that in anyway its not worth it.
    Without having your contacts synced in YouView, you would have to recognize the phone number attached to each voicemail. Sometimes, I don't even remember my mother's phone number! That's why contacts and addressbooks were added to cell phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Without having your contacts synced in YouView, you would have to recognize the phone number attached to each voicemail. Sometimes, I don't even remember my mother's phone number! That's why contacts and addressbooks were added to cell phones.

Except that is not how youview has been working. Even when the contacts were not syncing at all in the early versions or when only a few snynced (as when only 6 of my 324 contacts synced), the visual voicemail was still showing who called. It goes through youmail before hits your phone and that is where it is apparantly picking up your contacts. You will note that your sms notification comes through first and has the contact linked to the sms. A few moments later (when its been working) you get the youview notification. I'm sure what you see on youview is coming from youmail and not from the contacts stored on the phone. IF that is correct, then no need to have this syncing thing with youview that is causing all the problems. If not correct, then why was it working fine for all of us with no contacts AT ALL in youview?

In short, yes you need your contacts in your phone and on youmail, but the way youview seems to work, this syncing thing in youview (that has not worked right from day one) does not seem to be necessary so long as you don't mind going to the web-site to do things like manage custom answering.
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/31/2010 at 11:49 PM.
    One other bug on the Verizon PPP.

The changes you make in how you want to be notified on the phone DO NOT take effect. The software turns them on automatically, so if you make adjustments to email or SMS and turn one, the other or both off you will still receive the notifications.

However, changes made directly in your account on the Youmail website do take effect and are permanent until changed by the user.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Incidentally, for those having trouble installing via Preware, this is what I did:

* under "Manage Feeds" I disabled the Palm Beta feed
    * close Preware
    * re-open Preware, update feeds
    * install from Precentral feed
    Thank you, that fixed my downloading issue.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Except that is not how youview has been working. Even when the contacts were not syncing at all in the early versions or when only a few snynced (as when only 6 of my 324 contacts synced), the visual voicemail was still showing who called. It goes through youmail before hits your phone and that is where it is apparantly picking up your contacts. You will note that your sms notification comes through first and has the contact linked to the sms. A few moments later (when its been working) you get the youview notification. I'm sure what you see on youview is coming from youmail and not from the contacts stored on the phone. IF that is correct, then no need to have this syncing thing with youview that is causing all the problems. If not correct, then why was it working fine for all of us with no contacts AT ALL in youview?

In short, yes you need your contacts in your phone and on youmail, but the way youview seems to work, this syncing thing in youview (that has not worked right from day one) does not seem to be necessary so long as you don't mind going to the web-site to do things like manage custom answering.
    I completely agree with this. I have been using youview since the first beta version, and it has recognized the caller since day 1. I have no idea what syncing the contacts does for usability. What does it add?
  17.    #637  
    I am traveling today but will weigh in on this tonight. We have some ideas to please mostly everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I am traveling today but will weigh in on this tonight. We have some ideas to please mostly everyone.
    Thanks! will be looking forward to it!

Also, fwiw, I have 4.26 installed and the notification that there is a "new" version (4.26) is still popping up.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I would like 2 options

1) Password to enter into the App on my Pre
    2) A notes section, to keep track of follow up and what happened during the call and to input who the person is if it doesn't show on the caller ID

LOVE the personalized messages and LOVE the App
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I would like 2 options

1) Password to enter into the App on my Pre
    2) A notes section, to keep track of follow up and what happened during the call and to input who the person is if it doesn't show on the caller ID

LOVE the personalized messages and LOVE the App
    We have toyed with the notion of a password option. It has been suggested but at the same time the phone itself provides that, but maybe you only want it for voicemail. We probably will add this in a future build not to far off.

As far as a notes section, there is no good way to add this that we have thought up. The good news is you own a WebOs device that is a multitask beast so use that memos app etc until we find an elegant way to do this.

For follow up you can use the flag icon to flag voicemails you need to follow up on.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.