Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    doubles seem gone but pictures have all disappeared - were there after I created them. Did sync multiple times but maybe because I hit contacts twice before it kicked off.
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by srhummer View Post
    doubles seem gone but pictures have all disappeared - were there after I created them. Did sync multiple times but maybe because I hit contacts twice before it kicked off.
    Currently pictures cannot be pulled down for contacts only for voicemails. We can store pictures for contacts if you add them from the address book.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I'm new to this but wondering if I'm on the right track.

Is there a way to have all of my contacts pulled into this in the Pre without using the desktop and website?

If I go to add a contact, it looks like it will only let me add one at a time unless I'm missing something or not understanding.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post

Is there a way to have all of my contacts pulled into this in the Pre without using the desktop and website?

If I go to add a contact, it looks like it will only let me add one at a time unless I'm missing something or not understanding.
    Nope your not missing any thing . Its a limitation by Palm currently. Its to prevent bad people from stealing your contact info. Now there are plenty of ways to allow this and still protect that data, but currently Palm has it restricted.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Since the last couple builds I have no longer been getting my phone alerts for a left voice mail. The last couple times I have waited at least15 minutes to see if the alert would come through before launching the application. The application once launched will recognize that there is a new voicemail and display it. I for the most part have no other applications running. I do put a lot of miles on and am in and out of the Sprint network so I don't know if roaming on another network would have any bearing. I am geting my text alerts no mattter what network I happen to be on. Any trouble shooting ideas?

Thanks
    OK running 0.4.25 - on EVDO not WiFi - strong signal - 2 cards running Youview and DrPodder (just open not listening) - I loaded contact from the address book and after long wait they showed with pic - loaded second contact from the address book and they never showed up. Loaded third contact from the address book waited and never showed up but I got an error - "Create Timeout! The create request has timed out. There is a high probability that the server did not get the request." Went to prefs and sorted by last name - now I have two of the first contact - one with pic one without.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    0.4.25. Now running no problems. Initial install created several duplicates of contacts. I deleted youview and restart, reinstall, and all is fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Nope your not missing any thing . Its a limitation by Palm currently. Its to prevent bad people from stealing your contact info. Now there are plenty of ways to allow this and still protect that data, but currently Palm has it restricted.
    I thought that this used synergy to sync contacts. I tried making youmail default account and synced it, but nothing has happened, contact wise. So I returned back to google as default. I've looked through here and haven't really found an answer. Can i sync them all or do i have to add 1 at a time? thanks for the help.

Never mind, instead of looking for the answer, I should of just fooled with it. Imported without a hitch.
    Last edited by redninja; 01/29/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    sorry if this has already been asked but i installed the youview app two days ago through preware. Today it is showing that there is an update, however when i click for it a new window opens with the click to launch option. No update ever occurs. Any help?
    Arcticus, when I add a new contact from my Address Book, it says "Syncing contact 1 of 1" and the spinning icon spins indefinitely until I close the app. When I reopen it, the contact is added and displayed properly with picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    sorry if this has already been asked but i installed the youview app two days ago through preware. Today it is showing that there is an update, however when i click for it a new window opens with the click to launch option. No update ever occurs. Any help?
    the same goes for me. I don't have access to a computer for a few days too to install it manually through the website, but I'm happy enough with 0.4.10.

(This happened with the past two updates to youview (I think it was 0.4.20 and 0.4.25)

I have deleted and reinstalled, and it seems preware sees that the version should be 0.4.25 but the app catalog beta only sees 0.4.10
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have upgraded to the latest version to no avail.

Once downloaded to the phone, I go through the setup. When done it automatically starts to sync contacts, 1 - 63. But when it get to 61, it starts again at 1. This will continue unless I close the app. It will not stop syncing nor does it complete the last two contacts.

I have installed via preware and WOSQI. Not sure where to go from here.
    Does anyone else have the bulletin come up after you install 0.4.25 and set it up, saying that there is an update to 0.4.25? The app itself isn't recognizing its the latest edition? Once 0.4.25 is installed, app catalog recognizes and doesn't offer the updates.

On a 2nd note, before I updated via webosqi (when i had 0.4.10):
    app catalog shows there is an update for 0.4.10 to 0.4.25 but freezes on update/install. If I delete 0.4.10 and re-download the app catalog youview, it downloads the 0.4.10. I had to download 0.4.25 from the precentral homebrew section, and install it via webosqi.

Can it be freezing cause its trying to install 0.4.10 on-top of itself? If so..when will 0.4.25 actually be in the beta app catalog? (cause its 0.4.10 even tho it says its 0.4.25)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterChen View Post
    Does anyone else have the bulletin come up after you install 0.4.25 and set it up, saying that there is an update to 0.4.25?

Yes, I'm getting this, too.

I have the latest 0.4.25 version and the 'notice' for the updated 0.4.25 version keeps popping up in the application.
    So here is what i done to get it to update itself. I had 4.10 installed thru preware. Preware was showing that there was an update available but when i clicked to download the update it would open a new window showing "click here to launch". I went to the palm catalog and clicked on the bag (in the bottom right hand corner) it shows all of the apps that you have installed. I clicked on the youview tab and it showed there was an update available. downloaded and updated properly! i checked back in preware and the update had disappeared as well. Hope this help everyone that is having issues.
  16.    #616  
    OK a quick update. Yes there is a bug in the bulletin code that causes it to keep coming back that will be fixed tonight. Palm is having some major catalog issues right now regarding apps updating etc.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Great app but cant do much with it. You still have to log online to do deletes and setting changes.
  18.    #618  
    Posted 0.4.26 to fix repeat bulletin bug.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Does anyone have double phone number entries in contacts through the phone/dialpad? I do. Anyway to get rid of this yet? Thanks.
    Articus, have had the program for 3 days and really like it.

With listening to VM messages I have a question about volume. Did you design the program for messages to be listened via the earpiece or via speaker phone? I'm confused since when using Fusion VM the messages were loud and clear and automatically played through the Droids speakerphone. With Youmail the only way I can hear the message clearly is through the earpiece.

If you could clarify? If it is one versus the other I'd like to have the option of listening through the speakerphone.

Thanks,

Gary