Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Trying to add to googlewave right now...New to that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Ok it looks like the folder name is doing that, question is now is that voicemail in your trash or a custom folder?
    Yes, that was the Trash folder. Are the numbers some randomly generated filename from YouMail? Can that be removed?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    Yes, that was the Trash folder. Are the numbers some randomly generated filename from YouMail? Can that be removed?
    Currently yes. Looks like Trash and any custom folders are assigned random numbers by YouMail. Already working with YouMail on getting the string values for this. The Trash folder being randomized surprised me though.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Intent was to move not copy will look into.
    -------------------------------
    Ok, if you are in the All display, you can change the folder no problem. If you are in the Saved folder (VMis located there) and you attempt to change location, the combo box displays the Inbox/Saved/Spam choices with Inbox check marked. No matter what you choose, nothing changes.
    -----------------------------
    After installing 0.1.11, above still applies. I like the VM length and yes you can mark msgs as Read/Unread. Looking good so far!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Downloaded and works great. I have tested a few VVM and only ran into this problem once so far and haven't been able to duplicate....

When I tap on the VVM to play it, it wouldn't play. It would just depress like I'm tapping on it and that's all. I tried closing YouView and opening and it wouldn't work! I rebooted my phone and now it's working though, so not sure what's up with that.
    Last edited by imex99; 12/01/2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Currently yes. Looks like Trash and any custom folders are assigned random numbers by YouMail. Already working with YouMail on getting the string values for this. The Trash folder being randomized surprised me though.
    And that is why they call it beta testing
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    Nightly build available (0.1.11). Please delete current install and reinstall as we updated the namespace. Added voice-mail length and mark as options should now work.
    -----------------------------

Build has different date/time but marked as same version 0.1.10 and changes are not reflected.
    I am getting the same issue. Still 0.1.10.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Downloaded and works great. I have tested a few VVM and only ran into this problem once so far and haven't been able to duplicate....

When I tap on the VVM to play it, it wouldn't play. It would just depress like I'm tapping on it and that's all. I tried closing YouView and opening and it wouldn't work! I rebooted my phone and now it's working though, so not sure what's up with that.
    I had a similar issue, but I associated it with the older version.

Was it isolated to new VM or older saved VM? For me, it was just the old VM.

@Arcticus

When I listen to a VM through the app, it shows up as skipped when I call the youmail number. Shouldn't it come up as read, or is this an isolated issue with me?
    Should I be getting notifications for new voice mail even when the YouView program isn't open (like we get for e-mail and SMS)? Because I'm not getting any.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 12/01/2009 at 12:08 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Should I be getting notifications for new voice mail even when the YouView program isn't open (like we get for e-mail and SMS)? Because I'm not getting any.
    You should, we check every 5 minutes for new voice-mails. This is currently a limitation from Palm. So there could be some delay between when YouMail tells you you have a new vm versus when the app does.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post

When I listen to a VM through the app, it shows up as skipped when I call the youmail number. Shouldn't it come up as read, or is this an isolated issue with me?
    Hmm should be read there is a switch that we set when getting the audio to flag it as read, I might have turned it off for some testing let me look into that.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Just installed today's version. When I played my one vm showing, it played the audio from a message I had deleted on the website earlier today.
  13.    #53  
    Yeah this is caused by YouMail using random numbers per user for their Trash folder, it causes our index to be off by the number of vm's in your trash. Tonights build should fix this.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    You should, we check every 5 minutes for new voice-mails. This is currently a limitation from Palm. So there could be some delay between when YouMail tells you you have a new vm versus when the app does.
    Any ideas what type of battery impact this checking can cause?
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Any ideas what type of battery impact this checking can cause?
    According to Palm battery impact is negligible as the API method doesn't turn on the display or fully launch the whole application.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

According to Palm battery impact is negligible as the API method doesn't turn on the display or fully launch the whole application.
    so do I understand correctly that the app itself does not need to be opened for the app to check for voicemails? Does it have to be up in cardview at all?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    so do I understand correctly that the app itself does not need to be opened for the app to check for voicemails? Does it have to be up in cardview at all?
    No the app does not need to be open what so ever.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

do you need googlevoice for this to work?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    do you need googlevoice for this to work?
    No, sign up for YouMail.

Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Nightly build available (0.1.11).
    Working as advertised. The only bugs I've encountered (as previously noted):

1. randomized numbers for Trashed voicemails

2. first time playing a message after install in loads and loads without ever playing. closed app, re-opened and played with no problem.

Loving it so far ...
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast