Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    Thanks,

Do I need to keep the Palm Beta off or do I turn it back on afterwards.

Gary
    Turning it back on will not affect anything, so go ahead and turn it on if you want. However, you will want to turn it back off whenever you see an update for YouView available, otherwise it will try to update your Precentral-fed app with the Palm-beta-fed app. They should be identical, but you will have install errors.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    Thanks,

Do I need to keep the Palm Beta off or do I turn it back on afterwards.

Gary
    Garyk19, after you've upgraded you can turn the beta feed back on. Wouldn't want to miss anything, right?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am trying to install the newest version of YouView and after I download it it just says "Installing" and no matter how long I wait nothing changes. I tried deleteing the old version and rebooting the phone and installing again but I still get the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bleacher View Post
    I am trying to install the newest version of YouView and after I download it it just says "Installing" and no matter how long I wait nothing changes. I tried deleteing the old version and rebooting the phone and installing again but I still get the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Bleacher, please go back one or two pages and follow the instructions re: disabling the beta feed. And please start reading the forums instead of just asking.
    Not sure this is useful information or not, but I am still using 3.32 and have all my contacts showing up fine in the App. I have not updated on purpose with the issues that have been going on, but its working fine for me.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    YouView v 0.4.10 now works proper with contacts showing up and the option to sort contacts by 'last name' or 'display name'.

When hitting the phone icon to return a missed call, you then get to the phone app where you have to hit the call button to place the call.

What I would like is to have the phone dial directly when you hit the return call button from within youview. I asume this is possible as other apps such as quick contacts were able to add that feature.
    Whenever i update Youmail all my contacts that i have added to the launcher page no longer work.

Also, all my ringtones become unassociated.

I have to go to each contact, add them to the launcher page, and then go back into contacts and set their ringtones again.

I really want to use YouMail, but this is so frustrating.

Many of my contacts do not show up. When i get a voicemail many of them say unknown, but they are in my phone's contact list.
  9.    #569  
    OK 0.4.20 is posted. If you have a contacts issue please delete YouView before installing the new version to ensure the contacts start from a clean slate. To remove the app please hold the orange/silver button on the keyboard and tap the YouView icon.

Thanks!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by icaboy View Post
    Whenever i update Youmail all my contacts that i have added to the launcher page no longer work.

Also, all my ringtones become unassociated.

I have to go to each contact, add them to the launcher page, and then go back into contacts and set their ringtones again.

I really want to use YouMail, but this is so frustrating.

Many of my contacts do not show up. When i get a voicemail many of them say unknown, but they are in my phone's contact list.
    You may be a victim of the Palm Contact Profile bug. Basically all your contacts have YouView set as the default profile. If you go in to the Contacts app and select a contact then tap the name you will see a profile bolded. Click the profile that should be the primary and things will be restored.

Removing YouView using the method described in the post above will restore everything and you can try installing again.

Palm is aware of the issue but has no timeline on a fix.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

11.    #571  
    Those with install issues could you please try the beta feed with the 0.4.20 build? Remember to delete any bad installs using the method in the post above. The catalog can be slow at propagating the update so check the version to make sure its the right one by tapping the title of the app.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Is anyone having the problem where you can create some contacts using the "Create From Address Book" option, but sometimes it doesn't create them? I can't seem to figure out why it will create some and not others. I've even had it successfully create one, then I manually deleted it, then tried to create it the same way again and it did not work the 2nd time. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    UPDATE

The link given to me contains 0.4.10

YouView | Application Terms and Conditions | Syntactix LLC

I removed and updated to 0.4.20 through PreWare and everything seems to be good, contacts included..
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Is anyone having the problem where you can create some contacts using the "Create From Address Book" option, but sometimes it doesn't create them? I can't seem to figure out why it will create some and not others. I've even had it successfully create one, then I manually deleted it, then tried to create it the same way again and it did not work the 2nd time. Any ideas?
    I never have luck going that route.
    Your best bet is to go to the website and manually import what contacts you want and then modify from there.
  15.    #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I never have luck going that route.
    Your best bet is to go to the website and manually import what contacts you want and then modify from there.
    But that method doesn't help us fix it !

Things to check

So your saying the same contact will sometimes add and sometimes not?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    But that method doesn't help us fix it !

Things to check

Yes it added successfully the first time, although it created it twice in the YouView app. It did upload one of those to the Youmail website. I then deleted both copies in the YouView app and attempted to recreated from the contact list, and it will not add it to the YouView app now. Same contact.
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Yes it added successfully the first time, although it created it twice in the YouView app. It did upload one of those to the Youmail website. I then deleted both copies in the YouView app and attempted to recreated from the contact list, and it will not add it to the YouView app now. Same contact.
    Can you give it a few more go arounds and see if you can get it to happen a few more times?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Trying to add contacts through the app itself has been approximately only effective about 25% of the time.

I pretty much gave up on it after i did an import on the site from my Gmail contacts list in one big swoop. (Not all contacts but its nice that it imports the list and you have the option to 'check off' the contacts you want within YouMail.)

I will try some more tests within the app and get back to you.. .
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Deleted YouMail, installed 0.4.20 and no contacts. I'm not that worried about it, but it would be nice. I do have all my contacts on the website though.
  20.    #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmm0f5 View Post
    Deleted YouMail, installed 0.4.20 and no contacts. I'm not that worried about it, but it would be nice. I do have all my contacts on the website though.
    Give it a few and see if they will sync. We now resume the sync if it gets interrupted. Especially if you have a allot of contacts.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC