Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post

In app transcription trial activation now works.

Believed to improve the initial contact sync.

New preference to sort contacts by display name or last name.
    You can now select any picture on your phone to use as an avatar with creating a new contact, however some super large photos may be to big and not process correctly.
    Any way to use contact photos from facebook?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I want to believe, really I do.. .
    Running 4.10 and still no contacts within the app :/
    Same here! I can easily import or create contacts on the web portal but no matter what I do or which version I run, I can't get contacts on my phone. This issue as well as not being able to hear messages via ear piece or BT are my only issues.

Please help me almighty Arcticus. Otherwise, the app is exactly what I've been looking for!!!
  3.    #543  
    I am focusing on the contacts stuff today so I will be asking for some help. If you are experiencing contacts issues please PM me you email so I can contact you or monitor the forum the best you can through out the day.

First question.

How Many Contacts Do You Have?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Yes Preryan It will play recordings through the BT when it is connected.
    Not true for me. Only plays through the phone even while my BT is connected!
  5.    #545  
    The only way it will play through blue tooth is if the blue tooth device is A2DP meaning you can listen to music through the device. I know the blue ant Q1 can do this I believe.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

6.    #546  
    Ok I am making a new build I think I found a potential issue where we save the sync time before processing the contacts list. so if you were to close the app before processing was done it wouldn't pull down the contact list next time and you would be left with no contacts (or maybe some not sure).

Again shoot me an email or PM so I can get you the builds to test with today if you have time. Thank You.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Incidentally, for those having trouble installing via Preware, this is what I did:

* under "Manage Feeds" I disabled the Palm Beta feed
    * close Preware
    * re-open Preware, update feeds
    * install from Precentral feed

I'm now running 0.3.34, though I also have no contacts. (I'm not sure I need them ... they are duplicates of everything I already have synced with Google, and the correct contact info still displays with each message because YouMail has it on its server)

I did that and it installed fine. Great easy idea!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! This fixed my lagging installing issue perfectly! I was sooooo frustrated trying to fix this dang thing, but this did it! This is why I LOVE these forums - they've helped me so many times it isn't even funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    In the past, I noticed that another account type was created on the details of the contacts in the webOS address book called YouView. This account is no longer listed under the details of my contacts that I attempt to import into YouView. Any idea why that account type disappeared?
    Can't say for sure, but I know mine was deleted when I uninstalled YouView during frustrating update attempts. My YouMail contacts list has not yet reappeared in either the YouView app or the WebOS contacts app.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Articus,

I asked before and have been away from the forums for a bit.... Am I able to have my sprint voicemail and google voice both be check by YouView within the app?

With my google voice testing, I can have both #'s setup and use Gdial Pro to to transcribe both of my voicemails within the app....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Articus,

I asked before and have been away from the forums for a bit.... Am I able to have my sprint voicemail and google voice both be check by YouView within the app?

With my google voice testing, I can have both #'s setup and use Gdial Pro to to transcribe both of my voicemails within the app....
    You can with a bit of setup. Log into the web interface of YouMail and under help look at the DropBox topic. Basically you can have your other accounts email your youmail account and it will act like the voicemail was left on your youmail account. This is great for people who have home service like Vonage and want to integrate them into one.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

11.    #551  
    We believe we are onto something with the contacts. It seems people with more than a certain amount of contacts get affected and its because the Palm contact manager doesn't like us stuffing such a large amount of data down its throat. We are working on chunking it up and will let you know on the status.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

We believe we are onto something with the contacts. It seems people with more than a certain amount of contacts get affected and its because the Palm contact manager doesn't like us stuffing such a large amount of data down its throat. We are working on chunking it up and will let you know on the status.
    What you are talking about is also through setting up the contacts through the your youmail website, correct? I'm not sure if I had missed something regarding taking the contacts directly off of our phones. (Last I heard, they were inaccessible due to a palm restriction).
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    What you are talking about is also through setting up the contacts through the your youmail website, correct? I'm not sure if I had missed something regarding taking the contacts directly off of our phones. (Last I heard, they were inaccessible due to a palm restriction).
    Yes pulling contacts from YouMail down into YouView.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    You can with a bit of setup. Log into the web interface of YouMail and under help look at the DropBox topic. Basically you can have your other accounts email your youmail account and it will act like the voicemail was left on your youmail account. This is great for people who have home service like Vonage and want to integrate them into one.
    Following those steps, will my messages from my Sprint # and my google # both be transcribed into the youmail app?

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Following those steps, will my messages from my Sprint # and my google # both be transcribed into the youmail app?
    I believe so haven't tested yet, so no promises so let us all know
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Yesterday I got my Pre Plus phone and downloaded Preware. Through this interface I downloaded You mail after setting up my account:

The email and SMS messsages work fine.

However on my Pre Plus, although I have downloaded the application and the icon appears on the phone and youmail states that the software is downloaded it is not.

When I click on youmail it just tells me what application are on my phone and after the phone is restarted the Youmail application disappears.

How do I correct this so I can start using Youmail directly on the phone to listen to VM messages.

Thanks,

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    Yesterday I got my Pre Plus phone and downloaded Preware. Through this interface I downloaded You mail after setting up my account:

The email and SMS messsages work fine.

However on my Pre Plus, although I have downloaded the application and the icon appears on the phone and youmail states that the software is downloaded it is not.

When I click on youmail it just tells me what application are on my phone and after the phone is restarted the Youmail application disappears.

How do I correct this so I can start using Youmail directly on the phone to listen to VM messages.

Thanks,

Gary
    See my post from earlier in this thread here: LINK
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Here's some magic for you:

I took the advice of another very smart poster and disabled the beta feed to update this app. Worked like a dream, but no contacts.

I just updated all my patches with the new AUPT functionality (is there anything better than webOS Internalz?!) which required a luna restart, which I did.

Patches all updated just fine. Then I opened YouView just to see if anything had changed and voila! All my contacts listed prperly with the most accurate info available from my YouMail profile!

I wish I knew exactly what in this process cause my good fortune but hopefully this will help users/Arcticus get their beloved contats into this great app!
    Thanks,

Do I need to keep the Palm Beta off or do I turn it back on afterwards.

Gary
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet. Does the contacts in YouView sync with Synergy yet? If not, Is it planned? That would be the behavior I would expect.

Thanks for all the hard work Arcticus. Since I switched from the Instinct to the Palm Pre, Visual Voice Mail was one of the biggest features I was missing. Great job so far.