Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Thanks for tip on disabling palm beta feed. It works great now!
    well looks like palm updated youview I think...I updated through the app catalog youview to version 0.3.341
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Ok first off...I really like this app. I am guilty of not checking my vm often because I could not play them in any particular order. So thank you for the app!! Second, I am unable to flag my messages, nor can I use the text transcript. Is there something special I need to do, to get these functions working properly. Also, my pictures are not loading when I try to add them from my photos. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well looks like palm updated youview I think...I updated through the app catalog youview to version 0.3.341
    Ooh Oooh really?! Were you having issues previously?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by kity08 View Post
    Ok first off...I really like this app. I am guilty of not checking my vm often because I could not play them in any particular order. So thank you for the app!! Second, I am unable to flag my messages, nor can I use the text transcript. Is there something special I need to do, to get these functions working properly. Also, my pictures are not loading when I try to add them from my photos. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!
    Flagging is not yet implemented server side except via the web portal.

Text transcriptions are a premium service. YouMail offers a 7 day 7 message trial. However the in app link will not work yet as something is hosed up server side.

Yeah only pics in the wallpaper folder work, its a bug on Palms side and can confirm it will be fixed.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Ooh Oooh really?! Were you having issues previously?
    yeah I was
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #507  
    And hey Arctius, the real beta testers deserve any bonus you can give them, but how about a bone for us transcription purchasers? Maybe throw in the final version of the app for free if you sign up for a certain level of transcription service! Just a thought
    This would be a great moment to point out (I know it may seem fuzzy) that Syntactix and YouView are NOT YouMail. Syntactix is an engineering consulting company that has partnered with YouMail.

On that note though I will talk with Alex the CEO of YouMail and see if we can figure some sort of incentive out.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah I was
    Oh boy can anyone else confirm that the 0.3.341 build will install for those having issues previously.

Palm is going to owe me huge for figuring this one out LOL
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

This would be a great moment to point out (I know it may seem fuzzy) that Syntactix and YouView are NOT YouMail. Syntactix is an engineering consulting company that has partnered with YouMail.

On that note though I will talk with Alex the CEO of YouMail and see if we can figure some sort of incentive out.
    Good to point out the difference. OF course there is cross-pollination here, the app help the service and the service make the app usable. Keep of the great work on both ends
  10.    #510  
    Fix confirmed!! Now to get back to developing, hmm where was I???
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay I just went and downloaded this app after I read this and it said in the setup that my phone number was already in use. Anyone have any idea (I'm looking at you developers) .
    Tried it twice.. looks like a cool app however cannot FLAG message nor can you retreive as a text message. Also, in Preferences it continues to load and never finishes.... will wait until all the bugs are fixed.
    Been using this for about a week now.......love it....like the fact that you can set up personal greetings for people.

Thank you for this.
    Last edited by trizzcuitt; 01/26/2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: miss spelled words
    Fix confirmed!! Now to get back to developing, hmm where was I???
    Appears to be fixed , I couldn't download it earlier and now I can. Thanks!! Greg is it?
    where do you get 40 dollars a month???? Transcription service starts at 3.99 a month??
    Actually I misread that, it was for an unlimited plan of everything. But still even at the cheapest of $3.99 ( i think) for partially transcribed messages its still over priced in my opinion. I think for the full service it was $17.99 which is even more crazy. I wouldn't care to pay for the service but they need to lower the cost significantly.
    [QUOTE=leadtrumpetdave;2179709]Incidentally, for those having trouble installing via Preware, this is what I did:

* under "Manage Feeds" I disabled the Palm Beta feed
    * close Preware
    * re-open Preware, update feeds
    * install from Precentral feed
    QUOTE]

I was showing in Preware an update but my only option was to "remove" the app, no update button was offered.

I followed these instructions and Preware gave me the update option. I updated and now am running YV v0.3.341.

Thanks for the work around.

I still have a few weird issues with YV, like it created two unnamed contacts, plus I still don't have all my contacts over in YV, but really do like the app. I'm willing to suffer the Beta period.

HECK! I'm a "day one" Pre owner, BETA is what I live for!

When will we be getting the speaker/handset listening option?
  17.    #517  
    When will we be getting the speaker/handset listening option?
    When Palm makes it available to us
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I just set up YV and I tested it out leaving a couple of messages from my home phone. Well, when I play the VM I can't hear anything throughout the whole message. No sound at all. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by golfingfool View Post
    I just set up YV and I tested it out leaving a couple of messages from my home phone. Well, when I play the VM I can't hear anything throughout the whole message. No sound at all. What gives?
    fixed problem. issue was with headset jack. been having problems with it lately so i just cleaned it with q tip and rubbing alcohol. second time in two days.

love this app!!
    will we have to uninstall this app when the new update comes around?