Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I know everyone out there does not need or want visual voicemail, but for how Palm has positioned the Pre/Pixi, this is just the type of functionalitly that the phone SHOULD have had built right in. Now, perhaps it could have been a built in app that you had to pay an extra $5 to fully activate after a trial or something like that so those that don't need it don't pay for it (keeping phone cost down is important i realize) but something like this is just the kind of thing many people that would buy the Pre would expect they would be able to do out of the box.

Anywho, wish I had signed up to be a beta tester, but at that point Goggle voicemail was working fine (not anymore). Now I'm loving the service and the app. Just signed up for a year's worth of transcription service as well.

And hey Arctius, the real beta testers deserve any bonus you can give them, but how about a bone for us transcription purchasers? Maybe throw in the final version of the app for free if you sign up for a certain level of transcription service! Just a thought

ps, if anybody has not done so yet, check out all the customized (and mostly free) greetings that you can put on. Very easy to set it up so certain contacts get certain greetings.
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/26/2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Arctius, a suggestion:

It would be great if you could put in (and keep updating) the very first post on the thread with what the most current version of the app is along with a brief changelog so we know what to look for.
    Arcticus,
    In preware it tells me update is available. However, it tells me the installed version is 0.3.34 and the last updated version is 0.3.34? the download size is 6.21 MB and the installed size is 515.55 KB? Is there a difference in the two versions? I am hesitant to try to download the update with the problems I have been reading. My current version is working fine. Your thoughts?
    I can install 0.3.34 with QI but have no contacts. Have deleted and tried 3 times with Restart being initiated after each install and contacts will not show up. I still can't get 0.3.34 to load from preware-palm beta, it downloads but just sits with "Installing". I have the YV ghost icon with blue circle in launcher.
  5.    #485  
    Ok reading threw the Palm developer forums does anyone who does NOT have Preware installed have the installation issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have Preware installed and I am having the ghost installation problem.

The first time I tried to update was through Preware. It went to the green Beta catalog (I guess that's what it was) and I hit the Update button. From there it went to the new blue app update screen just like it does when you hit the stock Updates button, but nothing seemed to be happenning. I closed that card, then closed the green Beta card becasue it said it was installed, but when I got back to Preware it was still telling be I had an update to install.

I tried again and got to the green catalog and tried again. It didn't take me to the blue card, said it ws installed but when I got back to Preware the update was still sitting there.

I both cases I was told the app had updated in the notifications tray but the "Installing" button never went away.

I'm not uninstalling becasue my current vesion works fine (I think) but I'd love to update soon. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have the YouView app on my phone. I imported my Google contacts to my Youview acct but they have not come across in the Youview app on my Pre. How do i get that to happen?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I updated/installed the new version 0.3.34 via WOSQI and my contacts are still there. Only problem is they are now sorted in Last Name order instead of First Name order which is what the previous version 0.3.10 created them in.

Is there a way to change the order of contacts?

Also, when editing a contact, I tried to update the photo and got the photo picker and selected the photo I wanted, but it did not save the photo when exiting the edit form, so when I bring up the contacts, no picture shows up. Is this still a problem?

Thanks
    I am having the installation problem as some others are having (not updating. This is for initial download). I am downloading it via Preware. I click "Install". Then it opens the app catalog with the green backround (what does that mean? Homebrew?). I then click "download". It shows that it's downloading in the progress bar. It then siwtches to "Installing..." on the progress bar. Then a notification comes up that says "YouView has been installed"....but the progess bar on the green screen still says "Installing...". Then when I pull up my launcher is shows the app is there but it shows that its still installing because it has the little blue circle over the app icon. I hope this was helpful

I am looking forward to using this app. Thanks
    Last edited by Blipstein; 01/26/2010 at 01:56 PM.
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    I can install 0.3.34 with QI but have no contacts. Have deleted and tried 3 times with Restart being initiated after each install and contacts will not show up. I still can't get 0.3.34 to load from preware-palm beta, it downloads but just sits with "Installing". I have the YV ghost icon with blue circle in launcher.
    Just for S & G's I ran the Emergency Migration Helper from webos internal feeds, YouView still will not install via preware. Some contacts showed up but not all of them.
    The only thing really bad about this service (not the app) is that it does not transcribe voicemail for free! Plus the cost if you do want is unreasonable when google voice is free? $40 dollars a month? They are insane!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    does this still only work with Google voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    The only thing really bad about this service (not the app) is that it does not transcribe voicemail for free! Plus the cost if you do want is unreasonable when google voice is free? $40 dollars a month? They are insane!
    Well, firstly, if you don't want it, don't buy it... If not enough people pay, then they won't last very long. Gosh darn how that free enterprise thing works

Secondly, if its important to you, its not THAT expensive. I got the 1 year-50 emails/mo plan which is under $7/mo. Not as cheap as free, but the transcriptions are acutally readable unlike the Google ones which were funny at best and useless much of the time.

Moreover, Google voicemail has stopped working at all for many of those (like me) who wanted to keep their current phone number but use conditional forwarding. Browse the Goggle help/complaint forums.

Next, do you do your job for free? I'm guessing that you get paid for whatever job you are employed at and don't just go into work for the heck of it. I know I do. These guys are in business, its not a charity.

BUT, you might say, Google was free! Ahhh, read the fine print. Google reads your voicemails in order to send you targeted advertisements and offers. Thats how they plan to pay for the "free" service. Did you really think that Google does all this out of the goodness of their heart?

Lastly, I got a great Monty Python/ Holy Grail message for free! ...Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/26/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    I think I've found a bug of some kind. I apologize if this has been addressed. I tried to share a recording of a message via email, but it sent the wrong one. For some reason, it keeps selecting the same (wrong) link to insert into the email body. This occurred for me after using the swipe to delete function on 1 or 2 other VMs. I didn't try it before deleting, but I thought it might be important to inform you (as there may be an error indexing the recordings after a deletion, or something).

I'll be glad to test further if you would like.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  15.    #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    where do you get 40 dollars a month???? Transcription service starts at 3.99 a month??
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I think I've found a bug of some kind. I apologize if this has been addressed. I tried to share a recording of a message via email, but it sent the wrong one. For some reason, it keeps selecting the same (wrong) link to insert into the email body. This occurred for me after using the swipe to delete function on 1 or 2 other VMs. I didn't try it before deleting, but I thought it might be important to inform you (as there may be an error indexing the recordings after a deletion, or something).

I'll be glad to test further if you would like.
    Interesting I will take a look at this might not be till tonight as we are still fighting the mystery install issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Incidentally, for those having trouble installing via Preware, this is what I did:

* under "Manage Feeds" I disabled the Palm Beta feed
    * close Preware
    * re-open Preware, update feeds
    * install from Precentral feed

I'm now running 0.3.34, though I also have no contacts. (I'm not sure I need them ... they are duplicates of everything I already have synced with Google, and the correct contact info still displays with each message because YouMail has it on its server)
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Incidentally, for those having trouble installing via Preware, this is what I did:

* close Preware

I'm now running 0.3.34, though I also have no contacts. (I'm not sure I need them ... they are duplicates of everything I already have synced with Google, and the correct contact info still displays with each message because YouMail has it on its server)
    Great idea why didn't I think of that. at least that provides a work around until Palm and I figure out whats going on.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    For those that successfully installed it using QI but did not get their contacts I would just leave the app installed as is so at least you can use it and still alter things from the site. For whatever reason I had this issue before and left it alone, a few hours later my contacts eventually synced in. A 'force sync' within the app and site would be nice if possible.
    The contacts now showing up alphabetized by last name is the current setting and there will be a preference setting later down the road.. .
    Be patient here, some things are messed up but are not being ignored. I'm having the exact same experience with the 'endless install spinning' while trying to install TweeFree from Palm. Seems the migration from Homebrew to 'official' is not dialed in completely with more than just YouView.. .
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post

* close Preware

I did that and it installed fine. Great easy idea!