Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I am very pleased everyone is enjoying the app. The app will be a paid app priced less than 5 dollars. Signing up for transcription services will not affect anything and will transfer right over to the "official" version when available. Be sure to log into the web portal version to setup custom greetings based on caller id, it is allot of fun.

Latest versions are available via homebrew currently. We have a small pool of testers that pre-screen version before they go to homebrew. After they have been in homebrew for a week or so we will put it in the beta section of the app catalog.

This cycle will continue until the official version is launched.

Right now we are focusing on really cleaning up the contacts integration (and helping Palm fix bugs while doing it ). Also Palm has some significant changes to how audio is handled so we are prepping for that.

We should promote our current build to homebrew this weekend. The app will tell you when a new version is available
    Will there be some "thanks" thrown out to early beta build testers, such as a free copy each who responded with thorough feedback?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Working in Preware now, but still has an issue in Filecoaster,,, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Can't get new version to install. Either get install error or it sticks on the "downloading" button without doing anything.
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Will there be some "thanks" thrown out to early beta build testers, such as a free copy each who responded with thorough feedback?
    I will address that in an email to testers. The thought is a gift card to YouMail that could be used for transcription service.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    As with all Homebrew apps, I uninstalled YouView and then reinstalled the current version. I didn't realize it would delete my account. Now all my contacts are gone.
    So the question I have is, is it safe to just update as is without having a 'clean slate' on current versions? Also am I going to have to re-import my contacts everytime? If so this is major deterant to use let alone eventually pay for this app. Setting up contact greetings and adjusting/tweaking them takes a bit of time. GdialPro keeps my contacts and settings in tact even after removing the app before reinstalling current versions (which is often).
    Any insight on this is appreciated.. .
    Removing the app does not delete your YouMail account. Any settings and contacts that appear via the web portal system should transfer down to the app when you reinstall it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

I will address that in an email to testers. The thought is a gift card to YouMail that could be used for transcription service.
    Great! Much appreciation to you and your work.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Just updated to newest version, but still cannot load contacts to YouView. Known issue still?
    Can you clarify a bit. Contacts you have in YouMail with not show up in the YouView app? Or you cannot add contacts from your phones address book to youview/youmail?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Removing the app does not delete your YouMail account. Any settings and contacts that appear via the web portal system should transfer down to the app when you reinstall it.
    Just checked my online account on my PC. My contacts are there but they are NOT pulling up on the updated version on my Pre. Is there a way to re-sync them back to my mobile device or will they eventually be synced back in with time?
  8.    #428  
    Just checked my online account on my PC. My contacts are there but they are NOT pulling up on the updated version on my Pre. Is there a way to re-sync them back to my mobile device or will they eventually be synced back in with time?
    We sync contacts every time you open the app and when you hit the contacts button. If they don't show up still, delete the app reboot and reinstall and give it a go it that doesn't work let me know so I can work with you and figure out why.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Yes, contacts in YouMail do not show up in YouView. I can use the add a contact function in YouView and it will show up in Youmail, but the contacts list in YouView remains empty.
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Yes, contacts in YouMail do not show up in YouView.
    Ok see above post and let me know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    We sync contacts every time you open the app and when you hit the contacts button. If they don't show up still, delete the app reboot and reinstall and give it a go it that doesn't work let me know so I can work with you and figure out why.
    Uninstalled, rebooted and unfortunately still no contacts on my phone.

On a side note, what does the VM say when someone calls that is not in my contacts but they are not blocked or unknown? I have that set to default but I don't see a way to review what it says. Like does it still recognize the name of the caller and state it along with mine or is it censored a little more because they' re not in my contacts. I hope that makes sense.
  12.    #432  

On a side note, what does the VM say when someone calls that is not in my contacts but they are not blocked or unknown? I have that set to default but I don't see a way to review what it says. Like does it still recognize the name of the caller and state it along with mine or is it censored a little more because they' re not in my contacts. I hope that makes sense.
    Question makes sense, the default "Smart Greeting" doesn't use your contacts, but uses the called id info to greet them with their name.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

13.    #433  

Can you PM me your email address so I can work with you offline to figure this out as others seem to have this issue to.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Can you PM me your email address so I can work with you offline to figure this out as others seem to have this issue to.
    Done!
    I think, I've never PM'd before. Hope it worked.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by map70 View Post
    Working in Preware now, but still has an issue in Filecoaster,,, Thanks!

where is it in Preware?
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    where is it in Preware?
    make sure you update your feeds, if you already have it installed it should show up in updates.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

make sure you update your feeds, if you already have it installed it should show up in updates.

Have updated feeds (except themes which i dont download) and its not showing up. I search in every catagory for "you" and it doesn't pop up.

Also in my attempt to get it to load off of filecoaster, i deleted the older version but that didnt help either.
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/25/2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Is anybody getting an ipkg error when they try to install the new version?
    not found on the server. prob taken down for now.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john.fuston View Post
    Is anybody getting an ipkg error when they try to install the new version?
    i'm getting the error too.