Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I get an error that says " there was an error connecting to the server, Please check your internet connection and try again as soon as i click on You view app. this is my first time downloading the app.
    What I wanted was a visual voicemail solution for the Pre. Signed up with Google voicemail and used conditional forwarding and that worked nicely for several months. Got me adequate visual voice via SMS and the transcription was a (although often comical) nice bonus.

BUT Google Voicemail has stopped working for many people including me. It is effecting mostly those people that have not signed up for the full google number and were just using the voicemail. The Google help forum and other boards are full of people complaining about losing the voicemail, but so far no respone or resolution.

Soo....thought I would try this out. First signed up on their web site and got the SMS notifications. Then downloaded the app.

Well gosh darn if this thing doesn't just work great. I mean really great. True you have to pay for the transcriptions, but i like the whole package so much I'm going to buy a year's worth and get my family on board as well.

Just goes to show, IMO, how a developer can really do a great job of taking advantage (in a good way) of the Pre, WebOS and the PreCentral Community. Give us what we want and, by gosh, a bunch of us will be willing to pay for it.

One question. I have the Homebrew version of the app -- 3.10. Is there a newer version I can get from somewhere? Never signed up to be a beta tester or anything but now I'm hooked on this thing. Thanks
    I downloaded this last week and love it! Have told all of my friends who use a Pre as well. A few questions - will we have to pay for the app once it is officially released? I am going to sign up for the transcription service, would that affect anything in an official version? And - pardon for the stupid question, but how do we update to the latest version?

Thank you.
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by traceystrong View Post
    I downloaded this last week and love it! Have told all of my friends who use a Pre as well. A few questions - will we have to pay for the app once it is officially released? I am going to sign up for the transcription service, would that affect anything in an official version? And - pardon for the stupid question, but how do we update to the latest version?

Thank you.
    I am very pleased everyone is enjoying the app. The app will be a paid app priced less than 5 dollars. Signing up for transcription services will not affect anything and will transfer right over to the "official" version when available. Be sure to log into the web portal version to setup custom greetings based on caller id, it is allot of fun.

Latest versions are available via homebrew currently. We have a small pool of testers that pre-screen version before they go to homebrew. After they have been in homebrew for a week or so we will put it in the beta section of the app catalog.

This cycle will continue until the official version is launched.

Right now we are focusing on really cleaning up the contacts integration (and helping Palm fix bugs while doing it ). Also Palm has some significant changes to how audio is handled so we are prepping for that.

We should promote our current build to homebrew this weekend. The app will tell you when a new version is available
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I am very pleased everyone is enjoying the app. The app will be a paid app priced less than 5 dollars. Signing up for transcription services will not affect anything and will transfer right over to the "official" version when available. Be sure to log into the web portal version to setup custom greetings based on caller id, it is allot of fun.

Latest versions are available via homebrew currently. We have a small pool of testers that pre-screen version before they go to homebrew. After they have been in homebrew for a week or so we will put it in the beta section of the app catalog.

This cycle will continue until the official version is launched.

Right now we are focusing on really cleaning up the contacts integration (and helping Palm fix bugs while doing it ). Also Palm has some significant changes to how audio is handled so we are prepping for that.

We should promote our current build to homebrew this weekend. The app will tell you when a new version is available
    Where is the updated version? I still see 0.3.10 in Homebrew!
    Love this app and cannot wait to be able to sync contacts!!!
  8.    #408  
    We will post the new version to HB tonight. We have figured out the contacts issue and worked with Palm to have them fix it in the next WebOs release. We have a work around for now.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

9.    #409  
    Ok lied the update will be tomorrow still working on a kink in the contacts work around.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

10.    #410  
    Homebrew version has been updated to version 0.3.32.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 01/25/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I also had a bad experience with Google Voice. The Transcriptions were awful. I signed up for Ribbit - they have humans transcribe and except for foreign words the transcription is flawless.

I like Ribbit a lot BUT - they have no WebOS app and are not making one (at least not as of now) so I am interested in YouMail. I would like to use an app.

I have a few questions:

1) How accurate is the transcription?
    2) How fast does it come?
    3) When you get an email with the transcription does it say form YouMail (as Google did) or doe sit say who it is really from? With Ribbit if the person is in my contacts it says form their name and email and I can even hit reply to reply by email to their voice mail. If they ar enot in my contacts it shows from their caller ID. Does YouMail do that?

Thanks to any who can answer so I can better decide what to do. Also what is the cost?
    Can't get new version to install. Either get install error or it sticks on the "downloading" button without doing anything.
    Is file coaster the only way to get the new version? For some unknown reason I've been getting install errors with file coaster!
    Cant find the GWave wave...any help?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I just noticed 'Youview' is no longer in Preware!
    I dont see " youview " in preware neither! I tried to updated it from filecoaster, but I get an install error???
    Any suggestions???
  17.    #417  
    Yeah i don't see it either????????? PreCentral recently when to a distributed server setup. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

18.    #418  
    I just removed and re-uploaded it so give it another shot and let me know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    As with all Homebrew apps, I uninstalled YouView and then reinstalled the current version. I didn't realize it would delete my account. Now all my contacts are gone.
    So the question I have is, is it safe to just update as is without having a 'clean slate' on current versions? Also am I going to have to re-import my contacts everytime? If so this is major deterant to use let alone eventually pay for this app. Setting up contact greetings and adjusting/tweaking them takes a bit of time. GdialPro keeps my contacts and settings in tact even after removing the app before reinstalling current versions (which is often).
    Any insight on this is appreciated.. .
    Just updated to newest version, but still cannot load contacts to YouView. Known issue still?