Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    the problem is that the user isn't waiting for the new setting to take effect in you mail .. Whenever you change the greeting the youview app connects to the youmail servers to indicate the change if you just gesture back quickly enough the app can't make this request.

solution wait until EV is light grey and than back gesture or close app
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    YouView is a visual voicemail client that is powered by YouMail for WebOs devices.

Featuring:

• Completely visual - see who called, from where, and even their picture.

• You can still dial in like before (if you feel the need!).

• Return the phone call with a simple tap of your finger.

• Flag voicemails that need followed up so you don’t forget.

• Save time – Play messages in any order! Tap to play or swipe to delete.

• Organize – Stay organized by placing voicemails into folders.

• Voice-To-Text Transcriptions - Know if a message truly is urgent in situations when you can't simply dial or answer your phone. Read and respond to voicemail messages while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy setting.

• Custom Greetings - Easily have different greetings for your sweetie, your friends, your co-workers and your boss. Choose from a library of free greetings or upload any sound file as a greeting.

• Share voicemails with family, friends, or colleagues via text or email.

• Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave a voicemail.

• Easily let a pesky ex or telemarketers think your number is no longer in service.

• Effortlessly sync your YouMail contacts with your phones contact list using Palm’s Synergy technology.

Visit HERE for instructions on how to be included in our beta program.

Ride the WAVE and join us on our public Google Wave. Tag is YouView
    Invites to Google Wave are available to testers. Simply reply to your invite with the request.

Known Issues

• Contacts and functions depending on contacts support has not been implemented yet. One way sync from YouMail to phone has been implemented.

• YouView runs in the background and checks every 5 min for new voice-mails, so you might get an email or text from YouMail before we detect the new message.
    so where do i go to set all that up i downloaded the app now what
    so where do i go
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by pookeywookie View Post
    so where do i go
    You can signup through the app or at YouMail.com
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I really like this app and would definitely pay for it when it ends up in the app cat.

Now, can you please clarify what all the "application settings" are in the "preferences" section (i.e. BG monitoring, auto download voicemails (auto download to what?), bulletins)?

Thanks!
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    I really like this app and would definitely pay for it when it ends up in the app cat.

Now, can you please clarify what all the "application settings" are in the "preferences" section (i.e. BG monitoring, auto download voicemails (auto download to what?), bulletins)?

Thanks!
    Sure no prob (remind me to add that to the FAQ LOL)

BG Monitoring - when this is on the app runs in the background and checks every 5 min to see if there are any new voicemails. This is useful if you don't want text or email notifications. Others on the other hand want to know immediately so they use the text or email alerts and can turn bg monitoring off.

Auto-Download - Since voicemails are streamed from the server, some want to listen to them when an internet connection is unavailable. You can manually download a message from the gear icon or this setting will download it when you go to play the message. We will be workinging to auto download the message without having to play it first.

Bulletins - The app checks our server for announcements. This allows us to notify users of upgrades or problems that other users are experiencing.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    This app friggin' rocks! I was just thinking about VVM the other day b/c that's the ONLY thing I missed about my Instinct. I don't have to miss it anymore!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been addressed but is it possible to get the contacts organized by last name instead of first name?

Thanks
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been addressed but is it possible to get the contacts organized by last name instead of first name?

Thanks
    Done will be in next update.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I am with sprint since 1999... I have the everything plan 99 dolares. do you know if sprint charges any thing for this call foward???
    I also think it would be great if we could type a short note to go along with messages. I save messages until I take care of what the person called for and it would help to remember what they called for.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    the link isnt working for the newest beta build (3.21)
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    the link isnt working for the newest beta build (3.21)
    Oops looks like I jumped the gun, the new build should be there tonight
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I'm loving YouMail, but I'm having a problem with the app. I get a notification that someone has left a message but it doesn't show when I launch the app. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    i think that if you use the screen overlay controls that you should make the volume buttons L and R
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    I'm loving YouMail, but I'm having a problem with the app. I get a notification that someone has left a message but it doesn't show when I launch the app. Am I doing something wrong?
    Not sure quickest and easiest thing to do is delete and reinstall.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    when will the link for 3.21 be fixed???
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    when will the link for 3.21 be fixed???
    In about an hour or so.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

19.    #399  
    Ok link is live. Please note that the link for the free transcription trial in the app will take you to the site but is not hooked up yet on the server so it will just keep refreshing the page.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sergiojoia View Post
    I am with sprint since 1999... I have the everything plan 99 dolares. do you know if sprint charges any thing for this call foward???
    no charges for call forwarding with simply everything plans

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_out_more_about_call_forwarding/case-vw371511-20091020-120749[/URL]