Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    A thought on the interface to maximize use for pixis and for the general ability to see more messages at a time - Reduce the size of the contact image and write the name of the contact underneath the smaller picture.

Then, maybe you could condense the reply back icons (phone, msg, and email into one) and just have 3 icons on the right side of each voicemail message (folder, reply, and settings)

The second idea may not be very good as I like the idea of seeing a callback, sms, and email...I'm just trying to think of another way to condense the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    ok, can a volume level adjustment be put in as a menu option?
    Or utilized via the volume buttons on the pre itself?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Ok...I have installed the YouMail app. It shows the two unheard msgs I have. I like the base interface - clean & clear. The icons - priority, save VM??, current location, return call, message back, email back & options to include adding the VM contact to your contacts. I like just tapping the VM contact to hear the VM and it functions like the YouMail website.

I might suggest moving the state or country to the right of the phone number and adding the VM length below the date time so we know if it is really worth hearing the VM or not.

I noticed that if you delete the shown VM's, it then displays previous VM's deleted already (at least ones that are still on the website). I didn't have pictures loaded on the website so I added them for a few contacts. The app will not update the pictures until you either remove/reinstall the app or after a new VM.

I tried changing login information but the app would not accept the new same info, so I just shutdown and restarted the app.

The new VM showing up in a different color is great. Changing where a VM is stored is easy and instant (no effect on web). However, once stored in Saved, it can't be moved to another location like Spam or Inbox.

Does putting a VM in Spam cause all VM's from that contact go to Spam? Does the YouMail app need to be running on the Pre to get properly notified or is this handled by a server app that checks for us?

Overall my first impression is really good - I like it. So far it does exactly what you say it should do and I'm not sure what all else you could want it to do. I guess there is always speed of notification and if you are really in tune with the YouMail website, maybe have them add a YouMail app Notification option. At least we would never know how fast email & messaging notifications are compared to the app.....(chuckling outloud).

Sorry this is long winded but I am - long winded that is!
  3.    #23  
    Currently YouView does run in the background and checks for new voice-mails every 5 minutes. This is a limitation by Palm

I guess we will need some new icons lol the icons going across the bottom are as follows:

Flagged (usually blank), Priority, Folder, Callback, Transcription, Share, Options
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  4.    #24  
    However, once stored in Saved, it can't be moved to another location like Spam or Inbox.
    This should not be the case, make sure your not filtering by folder type. The default is filtering by "Inbox".
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Yes we can add how long a message is. We weren't sure if that info was important to the user. Seems it is, so no prob.

It is our intent to do exactly what you said regarding taping the picture icon. Tapping it would bring up that contacts card.

Icon spacing can be improved, right now they are set to the minimum 28 x 28 pixels. Our concern is number of voice-mails visible on the screen at a time, especially for pixie users. Thoughts?
    Just curious, it is a nice feature to have, but not necessary. I do like it though.

I do understand the spacing issue and being cross compatible with the Pixi. What about having options come up when a contact is selected, or moving the icons into the empty space on the right? However, I think this space might be to compensate for the Pixi.

Is anyone else experiencing a delay for the voicemail notification?
    Interestingly enough after receiving a new VM, all my VM's now display and I am able to flip through all of them. They didn't appear initially unless I deleted the two that were displayed.

This may be a first time install issue that can be solved by merely leaving yourself a VM which is what I did.

Another oddity, all older VM's are listed as 1096431 instead of Inbox, Saved or Spam. Missed calls that show on the website don't show in the app. Some older VM's show in the app but not on the website and some of the dates in the app of older VM's are wrong.

Let you know more as I notice more.
    Something I hadn't noticed before was that the color of the VM is determined by Read or Unread. I know that sounds dense on my part but hadn't noticed it until I saw all the VM's after receiving my last new VM.

Another
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Icon spacing can be improved, right now they are set to the minimum 28 x 28 pixels. Our concern is number of voice-mails visible on the screen at a time, especially for pixie users. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Perhaps only a menu icon with a dropdown listing other options?
    In case you missed it.
  8.    #28  
    Hmmm it appear YouMail randomizes the name of the "Trash" folder thus why all of you get that funny numbers folder, also any custom folders you have will show up as numbers.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

My bad. It does place a copy of the Saved VM back in the Inbox but keeps the Saved version as well. I think as long as people know they must Delete from both places eventually, it should be OK. Me, I prefer move not copy. Maybe a preferences option!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    My bad. It does place a copy of the Saved VM back in the Inbox but keeps the Saved version as well. I think as long as people know they must Delete from both places eventually, it should be OK. Me, I prefer move not copy. Maybe a preferences option!
    Intent was to move not copy will look into.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

11.    #31  
    Nightly build available (0.1.11). Please delete current install and reinstall as we updated the namespace. Added voice-mail length and mark as options should now work.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I asked about moving items around previously - state by phone number - length VM below. How about also moving Folder as the last line on the right side info just above the icons. This would or could provide extra space for the icons and allow longer folder names?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post

Intent was to move not copy will look into.
    -------------------------------
    Ok, if you are in the All display, you can change the folder no problem. If you are in the Saved folder (VMis located there) and you attempt to change location, the combo box displays the Inbox/Saved/Spam choices with Inbox check marked. No matter what you choose, nothing changes.

All -good! Saved - bad! probably the same for Spam folder as well.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Lucky me i missed out on the first build....lol ( stupid gotta go to work concept )

So far this is rather slick.

my only comment would maybe have the text color changeable OR use text color as the priority method and forgo the little blue dashes. which would allow better icon spacing.

maybe red text for high priority green text for regular and blue text for low and white text for already listened to status.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Nightly build available (0.1.11). Please delete current install and reinstall as we updated the namespace. Added voice-mail length and mark as options should now work.
    -----------------------------

Build has different date/time but marked as same version 0.1.10 and changes are not reflected.
    Wow what a quick update!

A little request though - since I use terminal (a command-line application such as putty for the pre) to install this, it would be much easier to install via a direct .ipk link instead of having to unzip the file on my computer and then plug-in, open, and install the ipk via webos quick install or another installer. Any way that you could upload the file directly as an ipk instead of a zip file?

In this case, anyone could install the .ipk directly via the following commands:

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install http://whatever.the.url.would.be.ipk/
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    OK. got the new version. It looks good. I do have a question. Is this a one way sync? Or if I delete a message on the phone, will it also delete it on the youmail server?

It seems the first issue I had with the service icon was due to naming of the folder that message was in. Testing the new build. Like placement of the length of the VM.

I don't suppose you could add a sorting feature? Nothing needed, but a friend asked me if it was possible to sort messages by a certain user/number. I really don't see myself using that feature, but it is a thought.
    Last edited by shotyme; 12/01/2009 at 12:30 AM.
    I agree with the everyone else- interface is great and so far seems fast and stable. Two questions- will the ability to play voicemails through mono Bluetooth be available some point? It works fine through A2DP right now. Also, can the app log missed calls as well as voicemails? I ask because I really like the fact that the regular Youmail service sends me a notification when I get a missed call. This will allow me to have greater call control through the app.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    the interface is SWEET!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I love the interface as well. I have run into an issue where I tap a specific VM, but when it plays, it is a totally different VM. This is from the most recent version.
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast