Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Perhaps I missed it in the threads, but are we able to see messages as text? When I hit the icon for it (I believe it's the icon for text), nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Perhaps I missed it in the threads, but are we able to see messages as text? When I hit the icon for it (I believe it's the icon for text), nothing happens.
    you have to subscribe on youmail for transcriptions to work
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Correct transcriptions are a premium service, there is a free 7 day 7 message trial. I suggest you give it a try . We will be making the trial easier to do in the app soon.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Is it possible to get the VMs to play through the earpeice instead of the speaker? Don't really want everyone around listening to my messages...
    There are 2 issues that keep me from downloading this app right now.
    First is only being able to listen over the speaker (I only use a bluetooth headset on my company phone).
    The second issue is having to wait for 5 minutes to get a message (sometimes I miss answering a call by 1 second, and it always annoys me when I get a call back without the caller listening to my message first)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgood5 View Post
    ...The second issue is having to wait for 5 minutes to get a message (sometimes I miss answering a call by 1 second, and it always annoys me when I get a call back without the caller listening to my message first)
    Agreed, is there a way for YouView to act the same way as the email application does? (There is an "as items arrive" option for syncing email).
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    The program was working great as of 2 days ago. Now i don't receive any new notifications in the app but i receive an email and text notification of the voicemail. Funny thing is i only have it set up to receive text messages in the preferences tab.
    I noticed people are using version 3.2? Where do i get that? I don't see an update in preware
    thanks
    Love the application by the way
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Agreed, is there a way for YouView to act the same way as the email application does? (There is an "as items arrive" option for syncing email).
    You can always check YV manually right after you missed your call to get the message.
    Of course, but if it immediately notified me, I wouldnt need to check.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Of course, but if it immediately notified me, I wouldnt need to check.
    The poster said he didn't want to wait the five minutes for the YV. I have text on which immediately tells me I have a message, and if I don't want to wait for the app to get it, I tell YV to get it. No waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    The poster said he didn't want to wait the five minutes for the YV. I have text on which immediately tells me I have a message, and if I don't want to wait for the app to get it, I tell YV to get it. No waiting.
    So do I. Hmm...if it's not possible to check the same way that emails do on the pre, how about the possibility of the text message notification giving a link to open up the youview application in webos?

Or is that restricted through webos?
    NY Giants fan?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Love the app! I have downloaded the newest version off of Preware and it seems to be working great. Do I still need to dial anything specific for call forwarding on my handset or is already set? thanks for all of your work on this!
    Great App! Thanks for this guys! Loving it so far w/ no issues - downloaded via filecoaster. Will be paying close attention this week to see how it handles things during the workday. really looking forward to some sort of option to sync all contacts in the phone to youview. is there a possible workaround other than syncing to google? I have over 500 contacts so it would be a bit tedious to sync them manually....

Otherwise, a great app, and very impressive just how quickly this has gone thru dev. and into public beta in our app catalog.
    got the latest build through preware, very happy and satisfied with progress being made!

one thing i have caught that could be helpful to you guys Arcticus, is that when using the 'manage greetings' menu through the application... whenever i change from default greeting for either regular calls, or blocked (cant test unkown numbers) it switches back to default greeting as soon as i go back to the Youmail main screen

hope that wasnt too confusing and someone can figure out what im saying?

this is an issue if i either back-gesture from 'manage greetings' or swipe up to close the app and then re-open.

i really want to keep the having a short shag message for longer than i have the app open for! haha what novelty
    My version of YM is 0.3.10. Is this the latest version? My Preware doesn't show any update yet.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    So far this is working great. A couple Things.

1) Not sure what the little A icon is for (in between the green phone and envelope), probably for the transcriptions.

Please add a feature that allows you to write down notes associated with each message, so you can keep track of info when you have a lot of messages in the cue: if you called back, who you talked to, what they wanted, etc.

2) As you probably have already heard, the volume and contacts are issues.
    this is a great app. love it.. i've had ppl ask me how i got my voicemail...i have one problem.. the volume is very low. i would like the option to turn of the external speaker
    great app
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc3ven View Post
    got the latest build through preware, very happy and satisfied with progress being made!

one thing i have caught that could be helpful to you guys Arcticus, is that when using the 'manage greetings' menu through the application... whenever i change from default greeting for either regular calls, or blocked (cant test unkown numbers) it switches back to default greeting as soon as i go back to the Youmail main screen

hope that wasnt too confusing and someone can figure out what im saying?

this is an issue if i either back-gesture from 'manage greetings' or swipe up to close the app and then re-open.

i really want to keep the having a short shag message for longer than i have the app open for! haha what novelty
    No that's not confusing, it makes sense I will have a a look. What happens is when you make your selection we visually acknowledge it in the GUI and go out and touch the sever if it fails then we put it back to what it was. Whats going on is we probably have a typo in the server address so its failing right away.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

20.    #380  
    We have figured out some of the contacts issues and have a bunch of fixes coming just hang tight. We have to branch the code due to some new things brewing in Palm world so we want to make sure things can be put back together once those Palm things come to the rest of the world.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC