Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1545
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #341  
    oh hey I forgot, while your answering questions. and I dont have time to read all 9 pages of the thread are you gonna add the option to import all your contacts?
  2. #342  
    i tried the back gesture suggestion, seems as though it works for a couple of my contacts, but not the majority. hopefully this function is fixed soon, i really enjoy this app and interface, thanks for all the hard work!
  3. #343  
    I just downloaded this app off of preware. I called the touch tone interface to setup my standard greeting, I came across a few errors. I had to record multiple times. To get to the point, when I go to preferences -> manage greetings -> default greeting -> there are three of the same options "default greeting" is there anyway to delete these on the phone or on the website?
  4. #344  
    I notice that right now when I listen to my calls it plays on speakerphone. Will there be a way to change that at some point?

    I did notice it sends it to your BT if you have a BT connected, that's nice.

    I played a lot with the different greetings and group set ups Cloud side and it's seems to work good there, my callers report hearing all the different greetings I've installed and or changed for them.

    My avatars are working good on the notice tags on the Pre too, that's nice too!

    Really like the heck out of this app. If Palm was making a Iphone competitor why wasn't this a standard part of WebOS?
  5. #345  
    I just loaded 0.3.2 yesterday and played around with this a bit. I also noticed that VMs are playing through the speaker instead of the earpiece on the hand set. I think this may be why some of the others are reporting low volume levels, because they are putting the earpiece to their ear instead of listening to the speaker. There should be an option to toggle this setting but I can seem to find one. The volume rocker doesn't link to the app either. The YouMail app uses the media volume slider to control its playback volume but when you launch the app the volume rocker is still linked to the ringer volume slider. So, trying to use the volume rocker to increase or decrease the volume doesn't work. I had to open the media player (which links the volume rocker to the media volume slider) to adjust the volume for YouMail (not a good customer experience but should be easy to fix). My only other complaint is that I would like to be able to record my VM greetings from the handset. It seems that the user can only record VM greetings from the web site. Aside from these issues, I really like this app and will continue to use it and report issues that I find. Keep up the great work!!
  6. #346  
    it was giving me a busy signal whenever i called my phone from a landline,
    and when i dialed the number to edit my greetings.

    I really enjoyed using YouMail's native blackberry client on my Storm, so it'd be great to get it working on the Pre!
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    I just loaded 0.3.2 yesterday and played around with this a bit. I also noticed that VMs are playing through the speaker instead of the earpiece on the hand set. I think this may be why some of the others are reporting low volume levels, because they are putting the earpiece to their ear instead of listening to the speaker. There should be an option to toggle this setting but I can seem to find one. The volume rocker doesn't link to the app either. The YouMail app uses the media volume slider to control its playback volume but when you launch the app the volume rocker is still linked to the ringer volume slider. So, trying to use the volume rocker to increase or decrease the volume doesn't work. I had to open the media player (which links the volume rocker to the media volume slider) to adjust the volume for YouMail (not a good customer experience but should be easy to fix). My only other complaint is that I would like to be able to record my VM greetings from the handset. It seems that the user can only record VM greetings from the web site. Aside from these issues, I really like this app and will continue to use it and report issues that I find. Keep up the great work!!
    The issues you have are limitations of the current SDK and cannot be fixed. Now that being said good things are happening in Palm world so this weekend will be a busy one for us .
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  8. #348  
    is there not currently an option to delete messages? (i fixed the busy signal, btw, by unforwarding, removing youvoice, reinstalling, and re-forwarding)
  9.    #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    is there not currently an option to delete messages? (i fixed the busy signal, btw, by unforwarding, removing youvoice, reinstalling, and re-forwarding)
    Swipe to delete It's really fun and full filling to do it to telemarketers, I promise
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    The issues you have are limitations of the current SDK and cannot be fixed. Now that being said good things are happening in Palm world so this weekend will be a busy one for us .
    Can't wait! Looking forward to the next version.
  11. lasercomp's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    The issues you have are limitations of the current SDK and cannot be fixed. Now that being said good things are happening in Palm world so this weekend will be a busy one for us .
    The limitations you mention refer to the recording playing only from the speaker? Am I missing the option to let me listen to my voicemails on the handset and not speakerphone? I dont really like when everyone on the train can listen to my voicemails. Thanks
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    The limitations you mention refer to the recording playing only from the speaker? Am I missing the option to let me listen to my voicemails on the handset and not speakerphone? I dont really like when everyone on the train can listen to my voicemails. Thanks
    You can listen to the voicemails on your phone by dialing the number1 714 204 3114. I set it up as a speed dial and it is just like listening to your voicemail with the old sprint VM. It will be a bonus if you can import your entire contacts into the youmail app. This program is a awesome program. Keep up the good work.
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    for some reason i cannot add contacts manually or from the address book, should i just reinstall youview on my phone?

    reinstalled app, still does not allow for contacts to be added manually or from the address book. Also, i wonder if there might be some way of implementing an add all contacts function so that you don't have to hunt and peck through your address book.
    You are definitely NOT alone with this one!
  14. #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    The app uses *28

    You can reconfirm this by dialing *720 this will disable call forwarding if it is turned on.

    You can then do *287142043114 to turn conditional call forwarding on to YouMail.

    Hope this helps. If not I would call Sprint and ask what is up. Please let me know.
    Should we be forwarding to 714.204.3114 or 909.510.6169? Youmail's instructions stated to use the 909 number? Does it matter?
  15. #355  
    Drained my battery last night at work playing with this app.

    Really enjoy it. I will definitely pay for this app when it comes out.
  16. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by trae_allen View Post
    You can listen to the voicemails on your phone by dialing the number1 714 204 3114. I set it up as a speed dial and it is just like listening to your voicemail with the old sprint VM. It will be a bonus if you can import your entire contacts into the youmail app. This program is a awesome program. Keep up the good work.
    I imported my google contacts to youmail no prob!!
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    oh hey I forgot, while your answering questions. and I dont have time to read all 9 pages of the thread are you gonna add the option to import all your contacts?
    I assume you mean from the phones address book into YouMail. That is a current limitation by Palm and for good reason. As a security measure Palm does not allow an app to access contacts or data it does not create. It can be a pain to have to sit there and add each contact by hand so a work around is to sync your contacts with Google and then log into the YouMail website and import them. Then they will sync down you the YouView app.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  18. bleacher's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #358  
    After I installed YouView I noticed that my "Enable LED Notification" patch (that blinks the front center button when I receive emails, txt, etc) stopped working. I then removed YouView and my LED Notifications once again started working again. Did anyone else have this problem?
  19. #359  
    Figured I'd share this... Directly from Sprint.com

    Last updated: Jan 09, 2010

    Call forwarding allows you to forward your calls to a different phone number.

    For information on call forwarding, refer to the following:

    * Call forwarding features are offered on both the first and second lines.
    o Types of call forwarding:
    + Unconditional (*72): Calls are immediately forwarded without the phone ringing.
    + Conditional: Calls that are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal.
    + Busy (*73): Calls will forward if phone is ringing busy.
    + No Answer (*74): Calls will forward if the phone not answered, or if the End key is pressed. Call forwarding charges apply when forwarding calls to other cellular or landline numbers.
    + Forward Busy and No Answer (*28): Combination of the above.
    * Unconditional Call Forwarding (*72) is charged at a flat, per-minute rate of $0.20 unless you have a Simply Everything plan.
    * Unconditional Call Forwarding cannot be set if either of the following apply:
    o Any call restrictions are added, excluding Caller ID.
    o The phone is no longer active.
    * Conditional: Calls are forwarded to another number when the person who is calling you gets no answer or a busy signal. You can choose to set up conditional forwarding based on the following:
    o Call Forward Busy (*74)
    o Call Forward No Answer (*73)
    o Forward Busy and No Answer (*28)
    * Call forwarding does not deplete cellular minutes included in your plan.
    * Call forwarding charges apply, except in the case of voicemail or SMS numbers.
    * Call forwrding is included at no charge in the Simply Everything plan.
  20. #360  
    Love this app by the way, so thanks. Any way to link your google voice number to send messages to Youview ? The only thing that bugs me is having two VM systems, though that may be more on Google's end I suppose.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions