Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    In the app setup the program is asking for a pin #...are the settings from google voice, or from my primary cell phone account?
    The pin number is from your YouMail acct. This app is not for use with google voice.
    I downloaded the public beta. worked fine, set up went without a hitch. I had someone call me and leave a voice message to test it out, opened it up, checked the message.

Now when i try to open the app in my launcher, it does nothing. Im gonna restart the phone and see if that clears it up. is this a bug?

Edit: restart fixed problem where app wouldnt open.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I downloaded the public beta. worked fine, set up went without a hitch. I had someone call me and leave a voice message to test it out, opened it up, checked the message.

Now when i try to open the app in my launcher, it does nothing. Im gonna restart the phone and see if that clears it up. is this a bug?
    If a reboot doesn't fix it, delete and reinstall. I was mucking with the server and might of did something to feed the app bad data and corrupt it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    im also having issues with adding contacts. I press "create from address book" and choose the contact, but it doesnt add the contact. is this one of the features that isnt fully implemented yet?
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    im also having issues with adding contacts. I press "create from address book" and choose the contact, but it doesnt add the contact. is this one of the features that isnt fully implemented yet?
    It is implemented but seems to be bugged for some.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

only have a handful of contacts i need to add, ill just add em manually.
    Hi folks!

I just installed and setup this app. I added a few contacts but the pictures don't show. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Al
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Hi folks!

I just installed and setup this app. I added a few contacts but the pictures don't show. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Al
    Avatars are not currently supported fully. Still need to port some changes from the dev server to production.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Avatars are not currently supported fully. Still need to port some changes from the dev server to production.

good to know...at least I'll know who's leaving me vms...can't wait til avatars are fully supported....thanks!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    good to know...at least I'll know who's leaving me vms...can't wait til avatars are fully supported....thanks!
    If you upload an avatar through the website interface, it will show up when they leave you a voicemail
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Can someone help me change my call forwarding back to Sprint VM.
    I dont get VM since canceling my account with youView.
    Can someone help me change my call forwarding back to Sprint VM.
    I dont get VM since canceling my account with youView.
    I have been waiting for this app ever since I had an Instinct! This will be one of those must have apps. Mine is working great.

Thanks, and I look forward to even more and more features as we get out of Beta.

Going to work on getting my contacts over.
    for some reason i cannot add contacts manually or from the address book, should i just reinstall youview on my phone?

reinstalled app, still does not allow for contacts to be added manually or from the address book. Also, i wonder if there might be some way of implementing an add all contacts function so that you don't have to hunt and peck through your address book.
    Last edited by nailedtonothing; 01/15/2010 at 09:16 AM.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    for some reason i cannot add contacts manually or from the address book, should i just reinstall youview on my phone?
    You can try, it appears adding contacts is working for some and not others. We are going to look into this over the weekend.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

If you add a contact then do the back gesture then hit the add again they are there, for me at least. so sprint charges $.20 a min for this feature. that sucks..... even though it says on your site:

Sprint Announces FREE Forwarding!
    Sprint has announced they are now providing call forwarding for FREE to all new customers starting November 2009.
    But when checking my sprint account it is charging me......
    guess its only for new customers?!?
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    If you add a contact then do the back gesture then hit the add again they are there, for me at least. so sprint charges $.20 a min for this feature. that sucks..... even though it says on your site:

But when checking my sprint account it is charging me......
    guess its only for new customers?!?
    No Sprint removed this fee in November for everyone. I would call Sprint. Conditional call forwarding on Sprint is setup using *28 and disabled *38. The only forwarding that has a fee is full forwarding which is *72.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

hmmm by signing up does youmail do the *72 one or?
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    hmmm by signing up does youmail do the *72 one or?
    The app uses *28

You can reconfirm this by dialing *720 this will disable call forwarding if it is turned on.

You can then do *287142043114 to turn conditional call forwarding on to YouMail.

Hope this helps. If not I would call Sprint and ask what is up. Please let me know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Based on your account I am not showing a pending charge for call forwarding
    interesting now its gone.... well thanks for your help anyways. and great program!