Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I wanted to report a possible bug. since u switched to mp3 files i have had 3 voicemails not play in the app. they just sit there loading. the voicemails are fine if i listen via email .wav files (my backup plan ) i still have the last non playable one i have not deleted yet. im on version 2.5.1
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I wanted to report a possible bug. since u switched to mp3 files i have had 3 voicemails not play in the app. they just sit there loading. the voicemails are fine if i listen via email .wav files (my backup plan ) i still have the last non playable one i have not deleted yet. im on version 2.5.1
    I have seen this to but no one was complaining so I figure it was just me since I have very unstable versions on my phone.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I concur
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I concur
  5.    #285  
    Looks like tonights build will go back to wav format
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

6.    #286  
    OK build 0.2.55 available. DELETE then install as we made changes to the database and didn't migrate (hey this is beta we can be lazy about those things).

We went back to .wav files since it seems Palm still has some work on streaming audio to do.

You will also notice we started laying the ground work for account creation.

Don't forget to post your FAQ suggestions.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    I tested the "add contact" functions. I tried "Create From Address Book" first. I tapped the menu and it brought up my Address Book. First I selected a contact from my Google profile, then one from my Exchange profile. After selecting each contact, the Address Book was dismissed and I came back into YouView. However neither contact got added to YouMail's contact list after multiple attempts.

I checked my contacts on YouMail's website just to make sure, but no joy.

I next tried "Create New Contact". Tapping this choice did nothing (not implemented yet?).

Running YouView 0.2.44 on webOS 1.3.1

Other than the above, this program is shaping up nicely! The only thing that makes it somewhat difficult to use is the low volume out of the rear speaker on message playback. Hopefully when you get access to the front speaker this will no longer be an issue.

Thanks!

fyi for shotyme: no problems with notification, background or otherwise. I'm getting YouView notifications within five minutes of the SMS alert from YouMail.
    I am using version 2.55 on webOS 1.3.5.1 and I am unable to add contacts to YouView too. What am I doing wrong?
  8.    #288  
    I am using version 2.55 on webOS 1.3.5.1 and I am unable to add contacts to YouView too. What am I doing wrong?
    Hmm contacts should have no problems, the only thing that is outstanding is the avatar stuff (which works on the dev server just needs to be pushed to production).

I wonder if there is something that needs to be done on the web side first. I know your a new user so my guess is you have 0 contacts in YouMail right now? Try agian if it doesn't work then add a single contact through the website and then try agian from the phone. If that doesn't work then let me know and we can add some temp diagnostics messages to help troubleshoot.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Thanks my previous unplayable voicemails now play fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Hmm contacts should have no problems, the only thing that is outstanding is the avatar stuff (which works on the dev server just needs to be pushed to production).

I wonder if there is something that needs to be done on the web side first. I know your a new user so my guess is you have 0 contacts in YouMail right now? Try agian if it doesn't work then add a single contact through the website and then try agian from the phone. If that doesn't work then let me know and we can add some temp diagnostics messages to help troubleshoot.
    I just added a few contacts on the web side and they were pushed to the phone with no problem. However, on the phone, I still cannot add contacts from my address book or create any from scratch. I'd love to troubleshoot with you.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I just added a few contacts on the web side and they were pushed to the phone with no problem. However, on the phone, I still cannot add contacts from my address book or create any from scratch. I'd love to troubleshoot with you.
    Hmmm ok PM the best way and time to work with you maybe Google Talk or Wave would be best.

FYI We are working on a big update right now so it may be a day or so for new builds
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

12.    #292  
    We are wrapping up a big update that has all the account creation stuff in it. This will allow us to release an open beta to the homebrew community. If you could please think about any outstanding issues and post them it would be appreciated. This way even though it will have the "beta" tag on it, it will be putting its best foot forward.

Some things to look forward to:

Create an account from the app (ok you don't look forward to that since you already have one )

If you add a contact from the address book that has an avatar, we will now upload that avatar to YouMail to use. (Currently only works when creating a contact, working on if updating a contact. Also the pic will not currently show in the contacts list this is also being addressed)

Things not done but on the horizon

Ability to reply via text or email if the contact is in your YouView contact list.
    Show.

Better features that utilize contacts.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I really think someone needs to look at the volume issue. its probably due to Youmails encoding settings but an increase in volume would be a big help and reduce complaints in a beta version.
  14.    #294  
    ok you guys here is the prelim homebrew release 0.2.56. Check out the FAQ under help for typo's and grammar. Give it a whirl and pending no hold ups tomorrow we will try to release it to the homebrew community.

The avatar upload may or may not work when you try as waiting on the server side code to get pushed to production over the next 24-48 hours.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I really think someone needs to look at the volume issue. its probably due to Youmails encoding settings but an increase in volume would be a big help and reduce complaints in a beta version.
    I agree, the volume could be better. I am on the road and have to take the phone off the cradle to listen to my voice mail.

Better yet, (and I understand this is a lack of access to the BT stack) would be the ability to listen to voice mail via my BT earpiece.

I have been please with the service. I have only had one point where I wasn't notified of voice mail but I think this was an issue where I was still on an older version.

Great job on the app. I had a Instinct with visual voice mail and this app is more than I hoped for in features.

Thanks for the effort I think it will do well.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    ok you guys here is the prelim homebrew release 0.2.56
    Okay, had some difficulty installing this version, probably because I am stupid. Here's what I notice:

1. Volume - I know it has to do with Palm, but can anything be done to increase the volume on message playback? Even with volume set to max on the Pre, it's still only adequate for a quiet room.

2. Contacts - no contacts show in the Contacts list. Adding a new contact works, but adding a contact from the Address Book doesn't. You're allowed to go through the steps, but nothing happens on the YouMail website.

FAQs:

YouView FAQ:
    - How do I setup transcriptions?
    2nd paragraph, 4th sentence: hassle is spelled incorrectly

- Contacts management
    2nd sentence: contacts is spelled incorrectly

YouMail FAQ:
    no issues that I found

Thanks again for the great app - I use it every day!

john
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Since the new upgrade, I have been getting notifications of all my VMs. I believe the chief complaint, just like everyone else, is volume. If I have my bluetooth on, then no problem, however, without bluetooth, it is a pain.

My next complaint are the upgrades, but I am sure that will be fixed. Having to delete the app and then reinstall it gives me new VM message all over again, however, the VM do not show up as new. But they do appear in the app again, even after I deleted them.
    this is all free right? No hidden charges once we sign up?
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    this is all free right? No hidden charges once we sign up?
    YouMail is a free service with NO hidden fees. Just to clarify YouMail does offer some premium services and transcriptions fall in that category.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Going forward, will the version in the Homebrew catalog require deletion before updating? I'm pretty sure I need to delete 0.2.56 first, in any case.

Thanks!