Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #241  
    Version 0.2.44 available. You can now add a contact from you global address book into youmail's contacts. Needs a bit of polishing but works well from what I could gather.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    New update. Nice.

I am having an issue with the app not notifying me of new voice messages. If I do a restart, and not access the app, I notice that I do not receive any messages.

My question is does the app has to be open before it will do Background monitoring? I don't think it has always been like that. It seems like a reoccurring issue for me lately. In the last build, and the build before that.

Is anyone else having that problem? Or is it just me? If I open the app and close it, I have not noticed any problems with notifications. Just after I do a restart to my Pre. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    New build available, v0.2.43

Nothing to exciting, playback drawer should now appear on top during searches instead of the bottom of the list. Some more contacts stuff being done, you can now see a list of your contacts if you hit the contacts button.

Maybe found some of the mystery revolving around Palm's Synergy. It seems that if a contact has its main profile set to Palm Profile it will remain in tact when linking. However, if it is something else say a Google Profile as the main profile it will make the newest account created (in our case YouView) as the main profile. So going to take this up with Palm and see what I can find out.
    Sounds like it will address the problem I had with contacts losing their ringtoes. Please keep us posted on this development as this will certainly convince me to purchase YouView when available!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Version 0.2.44 available. You can now add a contact from you global address book into youmail's contacts.
    I tested the "add contact" functions. I tried "Create From Address Book" first. I tapped the menu and it brought up my Address Book. First I selected a contact from my Google profile, then one from my Exchange profile. After selecting each contact, the Address Book was dismissed and I came back into YouView. However neither contact got added to YouMail's contact list after multiple attempts.

I checked my contacts on YouMail's website just to make sure, but no joy.

I next tried "Create New Contact". Tapping this choice did nothing (not implemented yet?).

Running YouView 0.2.44 on webOS 1.3.1

Other than the above, this program is shaping up nicely! The only thing that makes it somewhat difficult to use is the low volume out of the rear speaker on message playback. Hopefully when you get access to the front speaker this will no longer be an issue.

Thanks!

fyi for shotyme: no problems with notification, background or otherwise. I'm getting YouView notifications within five minutes of the SMS alert from YouMail.
    I installed 0.2.44 last night and logged in. Voice mails appeared and could be listened to properly. I chose one VM and emailed it to one of my other email accounts monitored by my Pre. It arrived but was not able to be played or heard. I checked the email online form my home PC and found a non-functioning link which I pasted into my browser. I received an YouMail error.

I also clicked on the Contacts button while checking the new build and all the other buttons or icons. I then check my contacts and noted that my YouMail contacts were properly identified. I also noticed one of my contact names intermixed (out of alphabetical order) in my First Name sorted "R" section. His name is David #####. I opened the contact and it had my name (Roger) as either the contact name or company (I forget which, sorry) and all my contacts (possibly from YouMail only) listed. I deleted the contact because in my previous experience with this issue, any person within the listed phone numbers shows up as me calling myself (incoming call from Roger). I removed the app for now.
  6.    #246  
    I chose one VM and emailed it to one of my other email accounts monitored by my Pre. It arrived but was not able to be played or heard. I checked the email online form my home PC and found a non-functioning link which I pasted into my browser. I received an YouMail error.
    You need to enable voicemail sharing on your account. YouMail knows they need to make that error more understandable. Log into your account and set your account preferences to allow sharing.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

7.    #247  
    Be sure to let me know of any issues that are new to the 1.3.5 update. (also why no new builds want to ensure its the update not the new build).
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

One thing that I have noticed after 1.3.5 is with the volume all the way up sound out of the rear speaker is almost mute.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Be sure to let me know of any issues that are new to the 1.3.5 update.
    On starting YouView after applying the 1.3.5 update, YouView needed to re-authenticate my account. No problem.

There were about three new messages in my YouMail and YouView inboxes. Before running YouView for the first time after updating, I deleted these messages from the YouMail website.

However they were still in the YouMail inbox. "Check for new messages" would not make them disappear. Also, YouView would not fetch the two newest messages that were in the YouMail inbox but not the YouView inbox.

I deleted the three older messages from YouView, then ran "Check for new messages." The two newest messages in my YouMail inbox then appeared in my YouView inbox.

I left a VM for myself and received notification in about three minutes - working fine. I emailed the message from YouView, moved it to a folder, listened to it, then deleted it.

Other than the existing deleted messages anomaly, no problems so far.
  10.    #250  
    Hope everyone had a great holiday. A new version is up for your consumption 0.2.45

Please delete and reinstall. We added some rules when auto adding YouMail contacts. The contact must have a name and phone number. This should help with random Synergy linkings. Also added a detailed contact view.

Under preferences you can now manage your greetings. We still can't do a contact by contact greeting but you can manage the general categories.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Nice update............the preference drop down list is getting nicer with what appears to be the future of full youmail control via the app.

Any way to force the app to download and cache say the last 3-5 messages so they play instantly when listened to?

All in all I like the fact that i just got so use to it being my only voicemail option on the Pre which means its working rather well.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Just install 0.2.45. Works great and I like the controls in Preferences for managing basic YouMail groups. I rechecked my contacts to see if my mysterious additional contact showed up after installation and there he was. The same David ****** with 33 profiles and numbers. I logged into YouMail and the I have 33 non-YouMail contacts. Now I know where the numbers are coming from. So now when any of my YouMail contacts ever contact me, instead of their name showing on the call screen, it shows my name as the person calling since I am the primary profile.

I hope this helps you resolve this issue and I hope I'm not the only dipstick with this issue. LOL.....
    I dont know if this has been suggested before or not but if there was a preference or patch you guys could create that would make the voicemail icon on the phone app link to this application that would be awesome! Otherwise the program is very usable and I've found nothing that hasn't already been reported.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    I dont know if this has been suggested before or not but if there was a preference or patch you guys could create that would make the voicemail icon on the phone app link to this application that would be awesome! Otherwise the program is very usable and I've found nothing that hasn't already been reported.
    We are working with Palm on this and if that doesn't go anywhere (it will but maybe not as fast as users & us would like), we will work with the WebOs internals guys to see what can be done.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

15.    #255  
    New version posted (0.2.46). This build should defuse the contact bomb that caused some to have Synergy put all their contacts under their name. Basically if you use contact groups in YouMail you were affected by this as the xml parser got confused. So delete and reinstall and you should be good to go.

oh also forgot to mention that YouView now uses .mp3 instead of .wav in this build since Palm fixed it in the update.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 12/30/2009 at 04:27 PM.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Just installed version 0.2.46. I'm new to this app, but loving it so far. I like the integration of contacts and being able to view only unread messages in your inbox.
  17.    #257  
    Today (12/31/2009) will be the last day to sign-up to be a member of YouView's beta testing team. So tell you friends if they haven't to do so !
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Do you need to have a google wave or google voice account to use this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsnNoles View Post
    Do you need to have a google wave or google voice account to use this?
    You need Youmail.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Still loving this. Constant updates. Just when you think it can't get better.. another update rolls out. You guys rock!