Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #221  
    I am still unable to forward VM. Is there a way to download the VM as a MP3 and then send it?

I was also thinking if it would be possible to save the VM to the phone. This way if the user is on an airplane, or in an area where they have no signal/data connection, they can still listen to their VM. Not sure if it is possible or not.
    Can you describe what happens when you forward a vm. can you forward a vm to me? Does it not work via email or sms or both?

I am looking into what it would take to save the vm to the phone. Maybe a save to phone option? and maybe a preference to save all or something like that? This way it is optional and we don't clog the phone up with vm's.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  2.    #222  
    Alright it looks like we can implement the suggestion above in the near future. Right now there is a bug in the downloadmanager api that will not allow us to do this at this time. However it looks like this bug is fixed in 1.3.5 so once that is out to the public, we will implement it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Just downloaded, working great... Keep up the excellent work. I really like the prefrences....

Any clue of pricing of app when released? Any discount for us beta testers?(gotta try).

Once this is released, need to decide on this service vs google voice. I use google voice # for my side business and the transcriptions aren't as accurate(but free). Anyone know how to get my google voice and my real cell # both on youmail for use with you view?

If possible, would be deal breaker and stay with youview and pay for monthly transcriptions.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had some issues today with the new version. I have a goup designated as "friends" on youmail. My own personal contact is included in that group. After installing the new version, all of the contact info for everyone in that group became listed under my name. So it looked like I had 15 different phone numbers, emails, etc. Everytime one of these people would call or text, it would show up as me. I erased the app. The youview account is still there though. Phone won't let me erase it. I will try to reload everything tonight.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    I had some issues today with the new version. I have a goup designated as "friends" on youmail. My own personal contact is included in that group. After installing the new version, all of the contact info for everyone in that group became listed under my name. So it looked like I had 15 different phone numbers, emails, etc. Everytime one of these people would call or text, it would show up as me. I erased the app. The youview account is still there though. Phone won't let me erase it. I will try to reload everything tonight.
    Thats interesting, sounds like Synergy wasn't to smart there. hmm may have to take this offline to see if there is something we can do to make Synergy smarter about that.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I've actually had the same problem with all contact phone numbers stashed into one new contact. The first time it was a duplicate of me as I had left a test voice mail. The most recent (yesterday) put all numbers into a contact just above my name but, with the name of the first person to make contact with me following the VM install and pressing the Contacts button. The contact was actually a SMS and it showed it was from me except of course it wasn't.
    I apologize for not sharing this info earlier. It showed itself after you announced that the Contact button actually did something.
    Just got an invite to google voice. Is this similar? Has anyone tried gv...pros /cons?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    Just got an invite to google voice. Is this similar? Has anyone tried gv...pros /cons?
    The transcriptions are nice to have, though I've had good luck it seems with very few errors in the past..

The apps for the palm pre (the free ones, I haven't tried the others) all are not very good... No where near as robust as even the beta version of You View. VisualVoice is the name of the one I used the most (because it was just the voicemail section of gDialPro) and it didn't refresh by itself, it wouldn't send alerts (relied on Texts or Emails...with texts you get three or four on a short VM message...) It was just not the all in one spot kind of feel that this has (Again, even in beta!!)

I do like having Google have control of my soul as it does... but I think YouMail is much better on the Pre, if only for the app...

But I do love those free transcriptions...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I had a problem and was wondering if anyone else noticed this... After installing YouView I lost the custom ringtones I set for contacts which I had made custom greetings for through YouMail. The Pre reset those contacts back to the default ringtone. Deleted YouView and was able to change them back, but too bad since I really liked (and hopeto purchase and use) YouView.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm getting failed download for the newest version: Version 0.2.42

I'll try again tomorrow, wrong link or maybe server down???

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Can you describe what happens when you forward a vm. can you forward a vm to me? Does it not work via email or sms or both?

I am looking into what it would take to save the vm to the phone. Maybe a save to phone option? and maybe a preference to save all or something like that? This way it is optional and we don't clog the phone up with vm's.
    When I forward the VM, it sends a link to the other phone. When I click on the link, I get an error message. The OS of the phones I tried were WinMo 6.1, Android, and my Pre (WebOS lol). I can attempt to send you a test message. Just PM me the number or email address you want me to send it to. I have only tried the sms method. I think a while back, I may have tried email, but I do not remember now. I know the text forward of VM wasn't working for me.

I am assuming no one else is having this issue, or no one else has tried.

As far as the downloads are concern, I would like having the option to download it. It is not essential, but would be a nice feature.
    ok so by universal search , you mean within the app and NOT the way palm describes it (ie Search from the main screen)

also Spacing is GREAT!!

PS is there any plans to implement a way to change default greetings for a specified contact. like click a button and it opens a new card with that contact and a list of your greetings, select and save. (or even if its only to record your own greeting. like click here and it dials the number to record a greeting and saves it for that contact)
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    ok, tried the DL again today and it's working... Not sure what was up with that.
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    ok so by universal search , you mean within the app and NOT the way palm describes it (ie Search from the main screen)

also Spacing is GREAT!!

PS is there any plans to implement a way to change default greetings for a specified contact. like click a button and it opens a new card with that contact and a list of your greetings, select and save. (or even if its only to record your own greeting. like click here and it dials the number to record a greeting and saves it for that contact)
    Yes sorry should have not use that term, within the app we have implemented search.

We do plan on allow greeting control via contacts.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

is there anyway to add a number from a message to a new contact, if not is there anyway to implement that?
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    is there anyway to add a number from a message to a new contact, if not is there anyway to implement that?
    It is something we are already working on.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

17.    #237  
    New build available, v0.2.43

Nothing to exciting, playback drawer should now appear on top during searches instead of the bottom of the list. Some more contacts stuff being done, you can now see a list of your contacts if you hit the contacts button.

Maybe found some of the mystery revolving around Palm's Synergy. It seems that if a contact has its main profile set to Palm Profile it will remain in tact when linking. However, if it is something else say a Google Profile as the main profile it will make the newest account created (in our case YouView) as the main profile. So going to take this up with Palm and see what I can find out.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 12/21/2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo, really meant 0.2.43 :)
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I got 0.2.43!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I recently cleaned up my outlook contact list. so i wanted to update my youmail contacts.
    i figured delete all youmail contacts and reupload my exported contacts.

Well i cant load more than 15 contacts into youmail. No matter what method i try.

QUESTION me being a beta tester doesnt block contact access or uploading in anyway....does it ???

Im just asking cause im waiting for youmails support to contact me about my ticket.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I recently cleaned up my outlook contact list. so i wanted to update my youmail contacts.
    i figured delete all youmail contacts and reupload my exported contacts.

Well i cant load more than 15 contacts into youmail. No matter what method i try.

QUESTION me being a beta tester doesnt block contact access or uploading in anyway....does it ???

Im just asking cause im waiting for youmails support to contact me about my ticket.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre