Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    once installed does youview retrieve mess on any unheard mess on sprint vm? if so than i have an issue, it hasnt
    This is not for Sprint VM, you have to transfer Sprint VM to YouMail
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    This is not for Sprint VM, you have to transfer Sprint VM to YouMail
    ? i know that its not sprint voicemail i just wasnt sure if the app somehow retrieved any voicemails left on sprints service or only after the service was activated.. but i got my answer anyway... finally got to another phone to test and it appears as the latter not the former
    How do you transfer your line to Youmail?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    shotyme, same thing here. I haven't received any notifications since installing new version. Sometimes even when I open the app and search for messages, they still don't come through.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    How do you transfer your line to Youmail?
    jes, complete instructions are here if you are a Sprint customer. But here are the steps you should follow:

1. Go to the YouMail website and create a free account
    2. On your Pre, open the phone app (dial pad)
    3. Dial *289095106169
    4. Press the green SEND icon
    5. Press the red END icon when the call is complete

I recommend you go to the YouMail site and read over the ins and outs of the service first. I have the service and I enjoy using it.
  6.    #206  
    Ok as promised some goodies. Version 0.2.21 available.

Voicemails should now be set to Read once listened to not skipped.

Added preferences to app menu. Set your timezone (currently will not retrofit existing vms will fix soon), turn text and email notifications on/off.

Began universal search code. Simply type and it will filter your vm's. However the index is wrong so playing it will result in the wrong vm being played.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Ok as promised some goodies. Version 0.2.21 available.

Voicemails should now be set to Read once listened to not skipped.

Added preferences to app menu. Set your timezone (currently will not retrofit existing vms will fix soon), turn text and email notifications on/off.

Began universal search code. Simply type and it will filter your vm's. However the index is wrong so playing it will result in the wrong vm being played.
    Nice progress. Major updates are always nice.
  8.    #208  
    How should we handle server commands when a data connection is not available?

Example situation. You change the folder a voicemail is in, but data connection is not available. Options:

1. Should we prohibit the change from taking place informing the user.

2. Should we do the action and let the server and phone be out of sync.

3. Should we do the action, flag it and attempt to sync later. (yeah i know you all with vote for this since you don't have to code it lol)

4. Should we do the change but next time app is loaded revert back to server's status?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

things are progressing quite nicely! You guys are doing great work. Notifications are working better now. I would still like to see the missed call notifications coming through as I use youmail as a call screener since it will tell me the name attached to the caller I'd of number I don't know. Also, any word on if we will get to hear the messages through the earpiece? I know you've said this is a palm issue, just wondering if they might change it.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    things are progressing quite nicely! You guys are doing great work. Notifications are working better now. I would still like to see the missed call notifications coming through as I use youmail as a call screener since it will tell me the name attached to the caller I'd of number I don't know. Also, any word on if we will get to hear the messages through the earpiece? I know you've said this is a palm issue, just wondering if they might change it.
    I will look into missed calls and there has been no change in the ear piece area.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I removed 0.2.13 and installed 0.2.21

now when I hit the icon, it will not run..it highlights for a few then goes to normal...but will not run...

removed 0.2.21 and tried to go back to 0.2.13....no go....will not work....

Help!!!!!!

Example situation. You change the folder a voicemail is in, but data connection is not available. Options:

3. Should we do the action, flag it and attempt to sync later. (yeah i know you all with vote for this since you don't have to code it lol)

4. Should we do the change but next time app is loaded revert back to server's status?
    Number 1 would be fine, I mean come on, whats the longest you've been away from a data connection. What would be great is if the messages were left on the phone.
  13.    #213  
    New Build available 0.2.31! Now your folders should sync, including delete! Also if you haven't noticed in the last build we changed the icon spacing.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Well like you said...number 3 would be awesome...but number 1 would be fine.
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    I removed 0.2.13 and installed 0.2.21

now when I hit the icon, it will not run..it highlights for a few then goes to normal...but will not run...

removed 0.2.21 and tried to go back to 0.2.13....no go....will not work....

Help!!!!!!
    Did you figure this out? How did you uninstall? What tool to install?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Did you figure this out? How did you uninstall? What tool to install?
    No, still not working...

I uninstalled the same way I have uninstalled all previous versions....Orange Button - Tap the YouView icon...selected delete.

I am using Quick install to install and that has seemed to work okay...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    First off, this app looks great and i cant wait to see the finished product. The new preferences are a nice addition but what is "BG Monitoring"? Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I agree, 3 would be great. And yes, I don't have to code it.

Did I say thank you?
  19.    #219  
    Ok bonus night New version available 0.2.41!

Universal search should work now (and play the right messages). We search the contact Name and Phone Number fields.

Doh just thought of something. Universal search will play the right message but the other buttons aren't wired properly yet. No prob gives me something to do in the morning
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst28 View Post
    First off, this app looks great and i cant wait to see the finished product. The new preferences are a nice addition but what is "BG Monitoring"? Thanks in advance!
    BG means BackGround monitoring. It will monitor and check for VM even when the app is not open. At least me thinks

Tis very true. If not 3, then 1.

I am still unable to forward VM. Is there a way to download the VM as a MP3 and then send it?

I was also thinking if it would be possible to save the VM to the phone. This way if the user is on an airplane, or in an area where they have no signal/data connection, they can still listen to their VM. Not sure if it is possible or not.

Also liking the increased spacing of the icons