Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    @ Veritas06

Here is the signup link (actually a link that takes you to the link lol)

http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...am-signup.html

@Arcticus

I noticed that if I tap the contact to play the message, and tap again, the scrubber disappears, but the message continues. I had a long message and I tap the contact to start playback of the message, but I was impatient, and the Pre did not play the message fast enough, so I hit the contact again. The progress bar appeared and then it disappeared, but the message continued to play. There was no way to pause the message or stop, besides closing the app. I did it twice and was easily able to produce it. Not a major issue, but is a minor annoyance, since at the time, I wanted to pause the message and could.
    Yeah I noticed this late last night, thought it was a fluke If you could go back to the last 0.1.xx release and retest. I think it used to work as intended and I broke it should be easy enough to fix.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Keep it up!!!! Loving the updates
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Installed 2.12 and was FINALLY able to receive VMAIL within minutes! AWESOME JOB!!
    My account has been on Authorizing Account in the YouView app for about 10 minutes.

Why isn't this working?

EDIT: Deleted/Reinstalled - working.
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 12/13/2009 at 10:03 PM.
  5.    #185  
    I noticed that if I tap the contact to play the message, and tap again, the scrubber disappears, but the message continues. I had a long message and I tap the contact to start playback of the message, but I was impatient, and the Pre did not play the message fast enough, so I hit the contact again. The progress bar appeared and then it disappeared, but the message continued to play. There was no way to pause the message or stop, besides closing the app. I did it twice and was easily able to produce it. Not a major issue, but is a minor annoyance, since at the time, I wanted to pause the message and could.

Figured out the issue. We use have autoplay set to true so that you get audio as soon as possible. Well evidentially calling audio.pause() does not stop loading . So now when you close the drawer while in the loading state, we will turn no longer play the audio (essentially turn autoplay off) but continue to load the audio in the background. YouView is smart in it caches the last played audio so you don't have to reload it. This will be in the build posted shortly.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

6.    #186  
    New build available 0.2.13, nothing to spectacular (hey its the weekend ). Fixed the above mentioned issue, and some general code cleanup. YouMail is expecting to have a good chunk of our requested changes done mid week so expect some good updates near the end of the week.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    New build available 0.2.13, nothing to spectacular (hey its the weekend ). Fixed the above mentioned issue, and some general code cleanup. YouMail is expecting to have a good chunk of our requested changes done mid week so expect some good updates near the end of the week.
    Cool. I saw your previous message saying to try a old build, but it seems you beat me too it. Just getting off work. Nice progress. Loving the app.

I was having some other issues with the app not notifying me of a message. Not sure if it was my connection since I also had wifi on at work. Work wifi is in consistent in its connection (long story). It must be my connection since everyone is experiencing better notifications, so I will see if I can reproduce the issue and let you know in more details.
    After last update and running app for the first time there was a start up screen with info about the YouView Wave, Iv'e searched every way in the Wave search bar and can not find this wave, I can find PreCentral's group Wave instantly, any suggestions.

Thanks
    Type this in the search field - withublic YouView

Edit - stupid emoticons!
    w i t h : p u b l i c Y o u V i e w
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have noticed when you use quick install to remove the app before u upgrade to the latest beta you dont get asked for login info....BUT if u delete from the device itself and reinstal using quick install then u need to reinput login info.

this may help anyone with sluggish or odd behavior when upgrading the app.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Type this in the search field - withublic YouView

Edit - stupid emoticons!
    w i t h : p u b l i c Y o u V i e w
    Thanks ryleyinstl, tried that, what finally worked was "with: public tag:youview" make sure you keep the space between public and tag but close up the one between : and public. "Stupid emoticons".
    So any chance of a REAL visual voicemail app that integrates with the phone app?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    So any chance of a REAL visual voicemail app that integrates with the phone app?
    what kind of integration are you looking for?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    love the new version. runs very quick
    hi, downloaded, started using it. Great potential, thanks
    When "playing" a voicemail, it only shows that its playing but I don't hear anything (yes, volume is on...)
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    hi, downloaded, started using it. Great potential, thanks
    When "playing" a voicemail, it only shows that its playing but I don't hear anything (yes, volume is on...)
    Hehehe make sure the volumn for Media is loud. The MP3's are made for ear set playback volume, but SDK limitations only allow sound through the speaker. Its a double edge sword, yes it is quiet, but it still gives a sense of privacy.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but now, I do not receive notifications of voicemails from the app, unless I open it. I restarted my Pre and used it all day today. I missed 4 calls and 3 messages within a 3 hour period, and the app did not notify me of any messages. I knew I had a message because of the text, but the app did not notify me. Once I opened the app, it notified me.

Now I know at one point, I did not have to open the app first before I received VM notifications. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  18.    #198  
    Sorry to disappoint but no update tonight. We pushed a new version of Pack 'n' Track to Palm today so that consumed the majority of our day. We will have to make it up to you tomorrow
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

once installed does youview retrieve mess on any unheard mess on sprint vm? if so than i have an issue, it hasnt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Hehehe make sure the volumn for Media is loud. The MP3's are made for ear set playback volume, but SDK limitations only allow sound through the speaker. Its a double edge sword, yes it is quiet, but it still gives a sense of privacy.
    Didn't work at all first, not only that, made my speaker mute for everything else (even ringer) had to reset but is working fine now. thanks