Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    just another recomendation it would be cool if I could minimize the application and open my e-mail and go back and forth to type my tracking number in. Instead every time I minimize the program I have to restart typing the tracking number.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    just another recomendation it would be cool if I could minimize the application and open my e-mail and go back and forth to type my tracking number in. Instead every time I minimize the program I have to restart typing the tracking number.

dude, hit reply on email.

hi-light tracking number and copy.

go back to prepackage

paste.

flick reply off screen.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Noticed with the newest version that I had a random bug when entering a package where it will stall after entering a tracking number but the screen would not refresh. The only way to get the number to enter was to reboot the unit. Other than that it has been solid.

A good recommendation would be to look at how Deliveries for the iPhone/iPod Touch shows the number of days for the package to be delivered and shows it in the main screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarquez View Post
    Noticed with the newest version that I had a random bug when entering a package where it will stall after entering a tracking number but the screen would not refresh. The only way to get the number to enter was to reboot the unit. Other than that it has been solid.

A good recommendation would be to look at how Deliveries for the iPhone/iPod Touch shows the number of days for the package to be delivered and shows it in the main screen.
    my tracking number was not in an email a link to track it at usps was so it still would be nice when minimized to not cancel my entry oooh and they days of delievery I sugested a few pages back lol
    Does PrePackage have to be open all the time or does it run in the background?
    ^Yeah do you still get notifications if the program is closed. If so, that'll be sweet.

Is that even possible with applications?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    ^Yeah do you still get notifications if the program is closed. If so, that'll be sweet.

Is that even possible with applications?
    Email does it, Calendar does it, Twee does it...
    Quote Originally Posted by needo View Post
    Email does it, Calendar does it, Twee does it...
    Well e-mail and calendar one may call those default applications. But Twee isn't so if Twee can give you notifications without the program being open. The PrePackage should be able to.

So whats the verdict, is it done in this application?
  9.    #169  
    Yes PrePackage runs in the background even when not open. You can set the interval it checks for updates in the preferences under the app menu. The default is 15 min but I keep mine at 1 hour and have considered making that the default.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Have you considered using Boxoh universal package tracking: UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL with RSS and Maps in the email/sms links instead of the regular carrier sites? It generates a shorter URL to track with as well as displaying the google map as your program does.
    Excellent app I am tracking my seidio extended battery.
    This app has to be the best app for business users. Honestly, I send out so many packages daily I can't keep count! I have email notifications, but its just too unorganized for me. With this App, I simply leave it open, on my touchstone, in my office and I let the ticker go on and just glance down every so often to check updates.

This is essential to me because it helps me realize "Oh, hey! My packages are on time", or "Oh shat, I have to call the customer to let them know the package is delayed".

Great tool! This is 100% a payable app! Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Yes PrePackage runs in the background even when not open. You can set the interval it checks for updates in the preferences under the app menu. The default is 15 min but I keep mine at 1 hour and have considered making that the default.
    One thing I'd love to see, is if you could have it check during a certain time period. i.e. 8am-5pm, or you can choose and then after that, it stops checking until the next time period.

When I'm away from work, I'd like to save the battery, as my phone isn't on a charger as much.
    Got an error when tracking a package sent using UPS using the UPS Mail Inovations service.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    One thing I'd love to see, is if you could have it check during a certain time period. i.e. 8am-5pm, or you can choose and then after that, it stops checking until the next time period.

When I'm away from work, I'd like to save the battery, as my phone isn't on a charger as much.
    I will see what I can do. One thing you could do today is if you can remember to is under preferences in the app menu you can change the check interval. It is default 15 min, but I will probably change it to 1 hour in the next release. Anyway you can set it to not check for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    I will see what I can do. One thing you could do today is if you can remember to is under preferences in the app menu you can change the check interval. It is default 15 min, but I will probably change it to 1 hour in the next release. Anyway you can set it to not check for a long time.
    Yea I seen that, I have mine at 1hr right now. Great product once again, I have it up and running as we speak.

Thanks!
    Is there anyway to have more than one package from the same shipping company displayed? I never use dhl-however I might have up to 3 ups packages sent at one time. Can I delete dhl and add more ups?

Also-i definitely love this app. I would pay for it -grudgingly of course :-)
    Hey this is an excellent app. I tracked my extended battery and it sent me periodic updates. I was at work when my battery got delivered but I got a message so I called home and the driver had just left it. Talk about instant update. Thanks this works like a charm.
    I like the shorter function especially if you are tracking something important I don't want to wait an hour to get updated. I want the program to do all that for me.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/04/2009 at 08:10 AM.
    i got an error tracking 2 packages....
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast