Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Did you fix it so the program will accept lower case letters for the tracking number? It don't seem to want to accept that. It says there's a problem tracking. When I put the letters in all CAPS, it works fine.
    Just wanted to say that this is a great app. I work in fulfillment so I use this some with my job and some with my personal shipments. Thanks!
    Dang, I was hoping v0.9.7 was going to fix what ails me, but I'm still just getting this:

hey I don't know if this has been mention before as I didn't read all the replys to this thread, but unless I'm missing something is there any way in this app to see what date the package is expected to be delieved for like ups and fedex packages. This is a great app but still forces me to go to the website to find out what date something will be delievered.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Did you fix it so the program will accept lower case letters for the tracking number? It don't seem to want to accept that. It says there's a problem tracking. When I put the letters in all CAPS, it works fine.
    Not in this version, but it will be added by 1.0
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlozon View Post
    Dang, I was hoping v0.9.7 was going to fix what ails me, but I'm still just getting this:

0.9.7 should have fixed this for you, however you may need to uninstall the app and reinstall from scratch. Let me know. Also from all the reports this seems to only happen when there are no packages in the list so that could be a temp solution to make the app usable as I dig deeper into this plaguing issue
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    hey I don't know if this has been mention before as I didn't read all the replys to this thread, but unless I'm missing something is there any way in this app to see what date the package is expected to be delieved for like ups and fedex packages. This is a great app but still forces me to go to the website to find out what date something will be delievered.
    Lower case letters work for me. I'm still on 0.9.6.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    There will be, but in the mean time if you go to the details page and hit the Globe icon it will launch the web browser right to the shippers page with your package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    There will be, but in the mean time if you go to the details page and hit the Globe icon it will launch the web browser right to the shippers page with your package.
    Alright thanks, didn't know that.
    Yeah I'm havind the same problem as jlozon, I just what that screen and nothin else works, I intalled it 5 times so that method seems not to work
    Yeah I have uninstalled and reinstalled 0.9.7 several times and just have nothing. I think you are on to something with the problem being related to having nothing on the list. Originally the app did work when I first installed it several days ago... I deleted the examples, put in a couple packages I was tracking, and it was working fine. Everything went to hell when I clicked the menu in the top right and the app has been jacked since then. No amount of uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling has been able to fix it.

I wonder if there is a directory left on my Pre that still has files in it even after an uninstall? Doesn't make sense to me that once it is broke, it stays broke. If my Pre was rooted I'd go in and check it out, but I don't really want to go through all of that for one app that I would only periodically use. Even though it is a sweet app!
  12.    #152  
    I bet you are correct, I have noticed on several apps that just using the "orange" "tap" method will leave the database files and folders on your pre. If you could can you do the following.

With you phone connected in dev mode via usb.

Open a command window (Start->Run "cmd").

Navigate to the Palm SDK bin directory (cd "Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin").

Execute this command:
    "palm-install.bat -r -d usb com.gosyntactix.app.prepackage"

Reboot phone for good measure, shouldn't be need but hey why not right.

Reinstall the app

"palm-install.bat -d usb com.gosyntactix.app.prepackage_0.9.7_all.ipk"

This assumes the ipk is in that bin directory.

It blows my mind on how it stays broke after you delete and reinstall it. At least I think I fixed the root cause as in the v0.9.7 release I fixed a couple bugs in that area of code. So once we get you up and going, you should stay that way
    Quote Originally Posted by jlozon View Post

I am getting the same screen.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Today Prepackage 0.9.7 stopped updating. the waiting icon will just circle around on the first package and never update. I uninstalled the app (orange+tap) and reinstalled. That didn't help, now I have just the sample packages and they don't update either. Also I can no longer bring down the dropdown menu in the app. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I also tried using the SDK method to uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't help.
    Last edited by primal; 07/30/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I installed 0.9.7 using filecoaster and while it installed it doesn't work; You see the example screen and the add screen comes up but the left preferences screen doesn't and the examples are blank.

Installed, reset and later uninstalled, reset, reinstalled and rset and no change.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primal View Post
    Today Prepackage 0.9.7 stopped updating. the waiting icon will just circle around on the first package and never update. I uninstalled the app (orange+tap) and reinstalled. That didn't help, now I have just the sample packages and they don't update either. Also I can no longer bring down the dropdown menu in the app. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I also tried using the SDK method to uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't help.
    Just tried going back to 0.9.5. Still doesn't work. i installed it via the SDK batch file.
  17.    #157  
    It appears the tracking server is down, I will post when it is back up. Sit tight and if you still have the issue after its back up let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcging View Post
    I installed 0.9.7 using filecoaster and while it installed it doesn't work; You see the example screen and the add screen comes up but the left preferences screen doesn't and the examples are blank.

Installed, reset and later uninstalled, reset, reinstalled and rset and no change.

I did the same thing and had the same results. My guess is that the ipk file is either corrupted or it is not unzipping the files correctly. Please test it out.
  19.    #159  
    Things should be back up and working.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    And indeed they are and my buy.com item is now being tracked and tis is pretty sweet.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast