Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    awesome app, thanks!
    Excellent homebrew application. This one should be in Palms app catalog.
    This is a great app. used it 3 times already and its great. keep up the development.
    Love the app...

I shipped two UPS packages today and entered them in...watched as it got updated from Billing Info received to Picked up...to Origin Scan.

Then a little bit ago...randomly, one of the packages changed from a UPS tracking number to a Fedex Tracking number (I think it was one of the examples, shipped from FL to MO, which was weird cause I'm in St. Louis) but it kept the "name" I gave it when I entered it.

Anyway, I went to "edit mode" and re-entered the UPS info...waiting to see if it freaks out again.

Thanks for your hard work...
    Okay, I hate to say it, but the more I use this, the less I like it. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but having to read every update or mark them all as read is super annoying, I only generally care about the most recent update. Also, from time to time old updates get marked as unread (also happens to me in the Palm RSS reader).

Thirdly, currently I have to tap on a package, and then tap on an update to be able to actually read the update, which means I have to see two screens first. Really, when I click on a package, it should show all information on one page (instead of 10 summaries with the details for each being shown separately on a third page), similar to how its shown in one list on the carrier site. Currently I see date and time twice, and a bunch of other repetitive info, like where it says package update on every line, and I see arrival scan listed twice in each entry as well.

Most importantly though, there's nothing at all that says the expected arrival date, which is generally the most important information to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent application, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement for my use.
    Okay...it did it again. When I got the next series of notifications...it reverted back to the example Fedex package. It is the top item of my list.

Then I shut it down for a few minutes, did some other stuff. Reopened the app, and briefly I saw all three original sample packages...like a split second, then my two packages reappeared correctly with the exception of the details of my top item. UPS is correct, and the number of notifications is correct, but the brief description shows the old Fedex example info as delivered with the 7/8/09 delivery date.
    Last edited by StrobeAlific; 07/21/2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, I hate to say it, but the more I use this, the less I like it. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but having to read every update or mark them all as read is super annoying, I only generally care about the most recent update. Also, from time to time old updates get marked as unread (also happens to me in the Palm RSS reader).

Thirdly, currently I have to tap on a package, and then tap on an update to be able to actually read the update, which means I have to see two screens first. Really, when I click on a package, it should show all information on one page (instead of 10 summaries with the details for each being shown separately on a third page), similar to how its shown in one list on the carrier site. Currently I see date and time twice, and a bunch of other repetitive info, like where it says package update on every line, and I see arrival scan listed twice in each entry as well.

Most importantly though, there's nothing at all that says the expected arrival date, which is generally the most important information to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent application, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement for my use.
    I definitely agree. I mean it is an awesome app, but 1) The estimated date of arrival should probably be next to the name of the package on the main screen. 2) All info should be displayed on one page after selecting a particular package like it is on the tracking websites.

Other than those things those this is an amazing app, kudos.
  8.    #68  
    I am aware of the notification bug that resets everything back to unread and know what the issue is and have a fix in the works.

You can click the gear icon and select all read and that will mark everything as read in the mean time.

I am also working on some UI improvements as I agree.

The flashing of the examples and then your real packages is because the DB get function is asynchronous. So the list contains the initial sample data until the DB gets loaded which the UI can be built prior to that occurring. I am working to make this more robust.

Keep the feedback coming.

I try to post an update every day to every other day with fixes so check back often. I usually will post them sometime between 11pm - 1am eastern.
    Last edited by Arcticus; 07/21/2009 at 08:47 AM.
    I also was tracking a USPS package and yesterday received fedex information regarding a package that has nothing to to with my usps package and the USPS package was totaly gone. I"m on version 0.9.2
    Totally awesome apps!!! I am currently working on two myself and praying they work ok.
    I am truly excited and pleased about the work contributed here and on MOJO. Wait till they get a load of this...
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Can't wait to try this out!
    Damn, knew I should've set the update interval lower. I just missed the second package of the day today because of how stupid Fedex and UPS are around here (not really the app's fault, just complaining).

Both UPS and Fedex left a note yesterday. UPS' said they'd be around between 10:30 and 2pm today. Fedex's said that I could sign the note and they'd leave the package. So what do you know, UPS comes at 8:45 this morning when I'm not there, and Fedex comes by and instead of leaving the package, just leaves another note.
    the app is AWESOME! very helpful!! Thanks
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    On the carrier switch thing with USPS tracking numbers but another company handling the initial delivery, I ran into the same thing testing the app today, from 2 separate deliveries, one from NewEgg (via DHL), and one from Woot (via FedEx). Just FYI to others, I just sent the 2 tracking numbers by PM to Articus so that he could look into it.

That and thanks for getting this going to Articus.
    This app is definitely going to be handy. Good job.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by meballard View Post
    On the carrier switch thing with USPS tracking numbers but another company handling the initial delivery, I ran into the same thing testing the app today, from 2 separate deliveries, one from NewEgg (via DHL), and one from Woot (via FedEx). Just FYI to others, I just sent the 2 tracking numbers by PM to Articus so that he could look into it.

That and thanks for getting this going to Articus.
    Thank You Meballard! I know the cause of the carrier switch issue now, but it will be a challenge to solve so please sit tight as it will probably take a week before I can tackle it. Basically the tracking number's ownership belongs to the USPS so the shipper detect logic treats it as USPS, but if you plug the number into FedEx, you get all the info instead of just the USPS portion. I just need to follow your package now and see if the FedEx api will track it to delivery. If so a fix could be sooner then later, if not I see how to solve the issue its just a matter of time.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Can you pm me your tracking number as an example. Is this a common thing to change shippers mid travel? I wouldn't think so, but I am willing to see what I can do .
    I've got a package that appears to be fedex smart post that your app is not able to resolve. This package is from amazon.com standard shipping, and shows on fedex's website, but not usps'. I'll pm you the tracking number, too. Nice app, though.

Thanks!
    I ride submarines...
    just installed, likey it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Running the app once and tracking one package works fine. But once I close the app, then restart it, the initial screen displays just the app 'About' information. Swiping back does nothing. The drop menu does not work.

I didn't change any of the preferences the first time I ran it, the only thing I did was swipe-delete the examples on the initial screen. I deleted, then reinstalled the app. I get the same problem. Please look into this bug.
    Just a quick idea, and it may have been posted already, but I think it would be cool if you could associate a "Label" with each tracking number. So if you ordered some books you could put the title in, or if you had some work supplies being delivered you could label what they were.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast