webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Syntactix LLC > Pack 'n' Track: Package Tracking
Pack 'n' Track: Package Tracking
Like Tree2Likes

Old 01/04/2012, 03:36 PM   #581 (permalink)

I just tried this on pre 2 with 2.2.4 and it wouldnt let me delete the default packages. I uninstall/reinstalled, then it worked. Added the first custom package after deleting defaults, and when I got an email, it just popped up a blank notification bar (all white) and after uninstalling it, all was fine again. Perhaps a 2.2.4 issue?
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2012, 06:54 AM   #582 (permalink)

I am having this same issue, but with USPS packages. I deleted the packages and re-added them, and now it says "waiting for system update". This is on my Pre 2 and TouchPad. I removed and re-installed the app, no change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
Over the last few days, all the FedEx packages that I've been tracking have not
been updated even after the package have been delivered for hours. (both
3.02 and then 3.04... on both of my Touchpads running Pack 'n' Track)

If I go to FedEx's website right after a package is delivered, it will say "delivered"
almost immediately. When I opene up Pack 'n" Track on my Touchpad, it says
"out for delivery" even if I force it to update. If I just delete the package and
enter the FedEx tracking again, it still says "out for delivery" and doens't update
to "delivered" status untile several hours later.

Strangely, if I click on the "website" link inside Pack 'n' Track app and go to
FedEx's tracking page, it does show "delievered" on that page. (which is the
same FedEx page that I access on a PC browser)

This has only been happening with FedEx packages. No delay in UPS package
status. I get about 5 FedEx packages/letters daily. All of them have this
problem when tracked on Pack 'n' Track.

It's not really a big deal, since I already have the packages delivered to my
desek. It's just annoying that the package status isn't updated to "delivered"
for such a long time.

Last edited by broncot; 03/21/2012 at 08:20 AM.
broncot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2012, 10:23 AM   #583 (permalink)

Quote:
I am having this same issue, but with USPS packages. I deleted the packages and re-added them, and now it says "waiting for system update". This is on my Pre 2 and TouchPad. I removed and re-installed the app, no change.
For the recently USPS issue, I think its USPS' problem. If you go to their website's tracking system, it will give you the same result.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2012, 11:05 AM   #584 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
For the recently USPS issue, I think its USPS' problem. If you go to their website's tracking system, it will give you the same result.

The website shows current info, packages delivered, pack n track does not, its not an USPS issue.
Old 03/21/2012, 11:10 AM   #585 (permalink)

Hmm you and I have different case then.

Old 03/23/2012, 10:35 AM   #586 (permalink)

USPS has done a massive upgrade to their tracking system. As a result it seems to be broken in Pack 'n' Track. I am evaluating the changes and hope to implement fixes over the weekend.

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
Arcticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 04/24/2012, 08:09 PM   #587 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
USPS has done a massive upgrade to their tracking system. As a result it seems to be broken in Pack 'n' Track. I am evaluating the changes and hope to implement fixes over the weekend.
I did get the update and it fixed my Touchpad version. My Pre3 version updated as well, but it still doesn't work. Was it supposed to be fixed for 2.x devices? I hope an update for the phone version isn't too difficult.
rwcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2012, 09:03 PM   #588 (permalink)

Quote:
I did get the update and it fixed my Touchpad version. My Pre3 version updated as well, but it still doesn't work. Was it supposed to be fixed for 2.x devices? I hope an update for the phone version isn't too difficult.
I 2nd this. Works on the Touchpad and look forward to a Pre 3 fix.

allen832008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2012, 09:08 AM   #589 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
Confirming the issue for Pre3 and USPS. Waiting for the fix...
ava1ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2012, 12:15 PM   #590 (permalink)

Is there any update on the fix for Pre3 for USPS tracking?

Thanks!
bikeguychicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2012, 07:01 PM   #591 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I haven't even been able to get USPS tracking information from the USPS for the last 2 months, even through their normal methods, not using PnT
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2012, 01:13 PM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcash View Post
I did get the update and it fixed my Touchpad version. My Pre3 version updated as well, but it still doesn't work.
+1. USPS tracking is working on my TouchPad, but not on my Pre 3 or Veer. Ditto for FedEx, tracking not working on either phone.
yellowhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ekesqueaky
Old 06/20/2012, 02:27 PM   #593 (permalink)

I have only been able to track USPS packages on my TouchPad for some time, not on my Pre 2. Last two packages that have come from UPS/USPS starting with 9101 have been doing the same thing, showing status unavailable.
Old 07/05/2012, 05:34 PM   #594 (permalink)

For a while I was still able to track UPS pkgs. And now, everything is 'waiting on system updates' on both versions (mojo & enyo). Anybody hear from Syntactix?

Sad & frightened panda uncertain of what the future holds (for Pack 'n' Track, that is)....
cujoq37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 05:40 PM   #595 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I've got a half dozen things in USPS with tracking numbers right now, not a single one of them are showing any results on USPS tracking page. I think USPS has just stopped tracking stuff.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2012, 05:42 PM   #596 (permalink)

On my Pre3, UPS tracking is working for me, but FedEx is not. Always showing "waiting for system updates". Fix please?

Old 12/06/2012, 12:26 PM   #597 (permalink)

Is this no longer a supported/updated app? I gave up using it for months (though it's one of my favorite apps) because it stopped operating properly. Today I deleted and reinstalled it. UPS seems to be working again on my Pre 3 but Fedex and USPS don't seem to work and I haven't got a package being sent with DHL to attempt to see if it is working.
qwiklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2012, 12:37 PM   #598 (permalink)

The developer has pulled support from the app.

You can read the article here: Syntactix drops support for YouView and Pack 'n' Track | webOS Nation

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: qwiklight

Tags
development, homebrew, package tracking, webos app

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0