Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for the 3.1.12 update, it looks great on the Touchpad.

Something I just found, if you go to edit an existing package, when you click on Edit Package, the Add Package prompt appears instead of the Edit Package info.
    Hi.

I'm here to an ask and an offer.

First, the offer ( ): if do you want, I can translate this all dialogs to brazilian portuguese, I gonna be happy to do.

And I'm asking this: can you add support to brazilian mail post?

The official website is Correios but you can use the mobile site: http://m.correios.com.br, that remember the USPS mobile site (m.usps.com)...

If do you need to test the tracking, can use this code: EI036843944US

If have some interest, send a PM. I'm here to help!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Thanks for the 3.1.12 update, it looks great on the Touchpad.

Something I just found, if you go to edit an existing package, when you click on Edit Package, the Add Package prompt appears instead of the Edit Package info.
    Fixed in 3.1.15.
    How much is this app?

Thanks!
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    How much is this app?

Thanks!
    $4.99
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    $4.99
    Thanks... was wondering how much this app would be if I didn't get the promo code.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am running 3.1.15 and tracking a UPS package that is still in the system.
    The Additional Details data is not being displayed. The section is completely empty. It used to contain package weight and scheduled delivery date.
    Let me know if you want the tracking number. I'll send it offline. According to the UPS tracking site, the package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
  8.    #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIra View Post
    I am running 3.1.15 and tracking a UPS package that is still in the system.
    The Additional Details data is not being displayed. The section is completely empty. It used to contain package weight and scheduled delivery date.
    Let me know if you want the tracking number. I'll send it offline. According to the UPS tracking site, the package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
    UPS is doing upgrades to their system and the meta data we collect for that information seems to almost be changing daily which breaks the app, so for now we have to omit it till things stabilize, then we will bring it back online.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

I had a couple of odd issues. On the TouchPad, the description will get shortened with the ellipsis at strange times (see the screenshot). On the second and third packages, the descriptions were very short and yet they were still showing the ellipsis. When more updates came in, the descriptions would sometimes show up fully.

The other issue was when I had a package that didn't have updates yet. An update notification would come through every time it ran the update saying there was one update, but when the app loaded, it would still show 0 updates. I got tired of it, so I tried to delete it (when it was the last remaining one), and it would disappear, but the update would still pick it up and if I exited and restarted the app, it would still be there. I had to add another old package to be able to delete the one without any updates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by appsotutely; 10/18/2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    $4.99
    Over the last few days, all the FedEx packages that I've been tracking have not
    been updated even after the package have been delivered for hours. (both
    3.02 and then 3.04... on both of my Touchpads running Pack 'n' Track)

If I go to FedEx's website right after a package is delivered, it will say "delivered"
    almost immediately. When I opene up Pack 'n" Track on my Touchpad, it says
    "out for delivery" even if I force it to update. If I just delete the package and
    enter the FedEx tracking again, it still says "out for delivery" and doens't update
    to "delivered" status untile several hours later.

Strangely, if I click on the "website" link inside Pack 'n' Track app and go to
    FedEx's tracking page, it does show "delievered" on that page. (which is the
    same FedEx page that I access on a PC browser)

This has only been happening with FedEx packages. No delay in UPS package
    status. I get about 5 FedEx packages/letters daily. All of them have this
    problem when tracked on Pack 'n' Track.

It's not really a big deal, since I already have the packages delivered to my
    desek. It's just annoying that the package status isn't updated to "delivered"
    for such a long time.
    I can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere, but I'm having a problem where the program won't save my changes. I deleted the examples and created a new package, but once I close the program (slingshot or throw) and reopen it, my package is gone and the example packages are back. Am I overlooking a setting, or is there the possibility of intereference from a preware patch?
    It looks like the Example packages are autofilled in, if it doesn't find anything else. It's really weird. That's kind of annoying, evry time I start it, the example packages show up briefly, then they go away and are replaced by the last few things that I had tracked.

Bug report:

Package 9102927007687075599252 via FedEx .. shows under "Additional Details" a bunch of JSON data.. I don't think it's supposed to do that?

Also, say i select something such as the above, and look at it's details, and scroll all the way down.. when the right hand most pane switches to a different item, it would be handy if it scrolled back to the top, as is, if i select something else to view, i have to scroll it back to the top to have it on screen.

And last thing.. I don't know if this is just me, or not, but the notification dashboards seem to act weird. Like, they never want to swipe away the first time I try to swipe them. I don't have that problem with any other progs.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It looks like the Example packages are autofilled in, if it doesn't find anything else. It's really weird. That's kind of annoying, evry time I start it, the example packages show up briefly, then they go away and are replaced by the last few things that I had tracked.
    I reported this issue to the developer and they responded with some silly reason and stated that they would camaflouge this in an update. But it's been a long time and no update has been forthcoming.

And last thing.. I don't know if this is just me, or not, but the notification dashboards seem to act weird. Like, they never want to swipe away the first time I try to swipe them. I don't have that problem with any other progs.
    I too have noticed this. It is rather irritating.

In addition to the above, for some strange reason the title I give to a package, does not display until the package has been delivered. Until then it just shows the first few letters of the title.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I reported this issue to the developer and they responded with some silly reason and stated that they would camaflouge this in an update. But it's been a long time and no update has been forthcoming.

I too have noticed this. It is rather irritating.

In addition to the above, for some strange reason the title I give to a package, does not display until the package has been delivered. Until then it just shows the first few letters of the title.
    The developer seems to have left the building. Haven't been able to get a response to
    them regarding an ongoing problem with USPS package tracking numbers.

I've shipped 8 Priority and 5 Express Mail package in the last couple of weeks. When I
    enter the tracking numbers, the Pack 'n' Track app always seem to think they are FedEX
    tracking numbers. There are never any updates to the packages becasue, well, they
    are USPS packages! The problem resolves itself after the USPS packages have been
    delivered to the recipients. This makes the app absolutely useless.

There is no problem with FedEx and UPS tracking numbers, however... so I'm not really
    sure who to blame here.
    The app is actually working the way it always has. Some USPS deliveries are actually not delivered end to end by USPS. FedEx & UPS do the long haul & USPS does the last mile. Similarly, USPS will do the last mile for FedEx & UPS deliveries. It's a matter of who's got the cheapest last mile. The app obviously gets confused by this change in shippers. It's always been an issue & is stated in the app description.

I'm not the dev, just passing on what's been discussed several times in the thread.
  16.    #576  
    Dev is still around and active Deems PC is having some backend forum issues as its suppose to email me anytime theres a post here and well I haven't gotten on in a while till now. Anyway what govotsos described is correct (thanks!). We have an update ready that will be pushed to HP this week that corrects the startup example issue as well as the dashboard issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Could you also make it so that the dashboards clear when you tap on one, and it launches the program? (or at least make that an option, if some people would hate that change)

Always appreciate this program. Now if only everyone gave me tracking numbers when they shipped me stuff!!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  18.    #578  
    Could you also make it so that the dashboards clear when you tap on one, and it launches the program? (or at least make that an option, if some people would hate that change)

Always appreciate this program. Now if only everyone gave me tracking numbers when they shipped me stuff!!
    Yes the traditional dashboard dismissal upon taping to launch the app is included in this update.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

It seems that no matter how short of a title I give a package, all that displays after adding is an ellipsis "..." It would be helpful if the title was displayed on the center and/or detail pane.

Also, after using Edit Package dialog, any subsequent attempt to use Add Package results in the fields to being initially populated with the same values as the previous Edit Package.

Both of the above issues are in the current version 3.1.17 on the Touchpad.
    I had a problem a couple of weeks ago, where packages would not delete.. but then I added a new one, and once I received that, they were all deleteable.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!