Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Anything in the works for support OnTrac? Its a California delivery company that handles shipments in California. I would like to see support for that if that is possible.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Anything in the works for support OnTrac? Its a California delivery company that handles shipments in California. I would like to see support for that if that is possible.
    We have had some request for them and have had a few tracking numbers to test with them, right now we just did a 1.0.10 release and have another that will fix some final issues. Then we plan on incorporating more shippers such as Canadian Post and OnTrac.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, this is an app I've had my eye on for quite some time, but it has seemed expensive to me. However, there is one thing that will have me purchasing this app as soon as possible:

I do a lot of ordering through Amazon.com and they've recently started using a carrier called Prestige. Their packages can only be tracked through the Amazon site, which is annoying. I believe this is the website of the carrier Amazon is using:

http://www.prestigedelivery.com/

When you try to track through their site, it asks for an account login and password (which I don't have, since I'm not the shipper.) Not sure if 3rd-party tracking is even possible in this situation, but it would be great if it was.

If tracking for this carrier could somehow be included in Pack 'n Track, I would buy it immediately.
    Sounds like Prestige is what Amazon uses in your city as their own courier service. I've had similar in Boston with "A1 International" or something like that too.
    $7.99? Really? That is just to expensive. How about $2.99?
    Version 1.0.12 is working well for me, and I have no regrets about the cost. It's worth it to me (especially during the half-price sale.)

My one gripe about the app is that it doesn't support copy and paste of those long tracking numbers from email. Is that an improvement contemplated for a future revision?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    My one gripe about the app is that it doesn't support copy and paste of those long tracking numbers from email.
    It supports cut and paste using the standard keyboard shortcuts.
    Obscura
    Thanks for reminding me about the keyboard shortcuts. I was looking to use the menu pulldown Edit Paste feature which is not functional in this app.
    Vegas89134
    RE: Syntactix
    Are these guys still supporting the Palm Pre App. ?
    The home page is down and I have not heard back from an e-mail I sent out to them.
    My UPS package can't be tracked via the app. either.
    -PPP
  10.    #530  
    just landed back in the US, was in the UK all week. We are still here and will be playing catch up over the weekend
    Hi,

I read all 27 pages of posts and have a few questions. I realise there is a trial, but I don't want to enter a lot of info for naught. All my questions are based on this thread and the screen shots in post 1 so the basis for my questions might be out of date. First, this looks like a very useful app and the developer seems to be on top of a lot of things. That's very good to see when many developers just collect your money and disappear.

Anyway, here are the questions, in no particualr order

1. How many items can PnT track? I often have 30+ items in the air at any one time

2. Once a package is delivered, does PnT retain the tracking information until I manually delete the tracking number or does PnT automatically delete it after a period? Is this configurable?

3. Has the bug been fixed where the title of the package gets replaced with Unavailable

4. Since PnT apparently automatically determines the carrier, are you prompted to confirm the carrier so you can change it to the correct one if PnT detects incorrectly

5. I saw some messages where tracking numbers were truncated (first few digits) - has this been resolved

6. Has the estimated delivery date been added to the first screen or is it still 3 screens down

7. Has the locations been updated to show, for example, Arrived at Memphis, TN 2:34AM, or does it still just say Arrived at FedEx location requiring another screen press to go to the details of that entry?

8. How are entries sorted? Is it configurable? Personally, I'd ideally want delivered entries to be at the bottom of the list after a seperator and undelivered sorted in order entered (oldest at top of list).

9. I saw there was an issue with marking updates as read. Apparently, if there are multiple updates, if you click on the most recent, all the earlier ones are still marked as unread. Is this addressed? Is there an option to mark the last read and all previous as read?

10. If you have notifications enabled and there are multiple notifications, will they stack (display all undismissed notifications one on top of the other), or does it display a single notification with an incrementing counter? If the latter, if you tap on the notification, what happens? Do you go to the main screen, does it open to the details of an entry (if so, which one - the one for the first notification sent or the last one sent or random), or something else

11. I see that if you close the program and have notifications enabled, you will still receive notifications even though the program is "closed" (I assume the program isn't _actually_ closed, just the card is). Other than going into preferences and disabling notifications, is there any other way to _truly_ close the program?

12. Are bottom of screen notifications the only form of notification supported? Can you configure text message or email notifications in addition to / in place of screen notifications? If configurable, can you configure notification setting per tracking number or per carrier? Sometimes there are carriers or packages I want to receive instant notification of status, but there are often packages I just want to be able to manually chack status and don't need instant notification

13. I assume the bottom of screen notifications are system notifications and not a text message generated from somewhere

I think that's everything right now. There were some other questions, but I can't remember them right now.

BTW with all the fuss about the $7.99 price, I think heavy users would be glad to get this functionality at such a bargain. With all the work you've done to interface with multiple carriers and all the tweaking you've done, this is a quite fair request for compensation. This program will pay back eBayers and other heavy shippers very quickly with all the time saved getting all this info at once and from one place. Keep up the good work.

Thank you,
    Panagiotis
    Last edited by govotsos; 07/27/2010 at 12:58 PM.
  12.    #532  
    1. How many items can PnT track? I often have 30+ items in the air at any one time
    As many as you want, however to be upfront and honest I think the most I have tracked at a time is 10ish. No reason I can think of that it shouldn't work with 30+

2. Once a package is delivered, does PnT retain the tracking information until I manually delete the tracking number or does PnT automatically delete it after a period? Is this configurable?
    All package data is retained and must be manually deleted. Swipe to delete

3. Has the bug been fixed where the title of the package gets replaced with Unavailable
    Yes to the best of our knowledge. If the status is truly unavailable it will show unavailable, but will change when once the number goes active. However I will check on whether it will over write a custom title or replace it with the tracking number (the default).

4. Since PnT apparently automatically determines the carrier, are you prompted to confirm the carrier so you can change it to the correct one if PnT detects incorrectly
    No, I can't say it has ever picked the wrong one, nor has anyone complained as such. Now it might happen and no one has spoken up. As we look to transition into international carriers, this could prove to be very difficult so that option will most likely be added.

5. I saw some messages where tracking numbers were truncated (first few digits) - has this been resolved
    To the best of our knowledge.

6. Has the estimated delivery date been added to the first screen or is it still 3 screens down
    Still 3 screens down, however there is some currently going on to improve the front screen and include this data.

7. Has the locations been updated to show, for example, Arrived at Memphis, TN 2:34AM, or does it still just say Arrived at FedEx location requiring another screen press to go to the details of that entry?
    It is still the same screen, however like the screen above we are currently doing some work to improve the UI.

8. How are entries sorted? Is it configurable? Personally, I'd ideally want delivered entries to be at the bottom of the list after a seperator and undelivered sorted in order entered (oldest at top of list).
    You can sort Manually via drag and drop, Alphabetically, by Shipper, by Delivery Status.

9. I saw there was an issue with marking updates as read. Apparently, if there are multiple updates, if you click on the most recent, all the earlier ones are still marked as unread. Is this addressed? Is there an option to mark the last read and all previous as read?
    Yes (this part never changed it was a bug in webos where events sometimes got lost), there are also options to mark all as read or unread from the main screen.

10. If you have notifications enabled and there are multiple notifications, will they stack (display all undismissed notifications one on top of the other), or does it display a single notification with an incrementing counter? If the latter, if you tap on the notification, what happens? Do you go to the main screen, does it open to the details of an entry (if so, which one - the one for the first notification sent or the last one sent or random), or something else
    One notification with a counter and it will cycle through the packages at a rate of one every 3 seconds. When tapped it will take you to the second screen of the package it is currently displaying. A backswipe will take you to the main page.

11. I see that if you close the program and have notifications enabled, you will still receive notifications even though the program is "closed" (I assume the program isn't _actually_ closed, just the card is). Other than going into preferences and disabling notifications, is there any other way to _truly_ close the program?
    The app is a background app, what that means in webos is that the app will set an alarm (configurable in preferences with a max frequency of 5 minutes) on when to wake up and run and can do so without creating a card for a maximum of 60 seconds thus running in the background. So when the card is dismissed, the app is closed until the alarm fires and the app does its thing in the background then recloses.

12. Are bottom of screen notifications the only form of notification supported? Can you configure text message or email notifications in addition to / in place of screen notifications? If configurable, can you configure notification setting per tracking number or per carrier? Sometimes there are carriers or packages I want to receive instant notification of status, but there are often packages I just want to be able to manually chack status and don't need instant notification
    No only dashboard notifications are supported at this time and its an all or none deal as of right now. However that is a good idea and will be looked into.

13. I assume the bottom of screen notifications are system notifications and not a text message generated from somewhere
    That is correct.

Hope that answered everything, you might still want to grab the trial and track a package or two to see if you have anymore questions
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Thanks very much for the rapid reply. Good service is so hard to find these days and it's so nice when you come across it.
    Is the app supposed to work with UPSMI Mail Piece Tracking? I have a package that tracks fine from their website, but for whatever reason refuses to say anything other than Status Unavailable in the app.
  15.    #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Is the app supposed to work with UPSMI Mail Piece Tracking? I have a package that tracks fine from their website, but for whatever reason refuses to say anything other than Status Unavailable in the app.
    We have very limited support for UPSMI and state so in the app description. The main issue is the hand off between UPS and the USPS. We can track it fine once USPS takes over. What happens is since USPS is the delivering company, they own the tracking number but they don't make it a valid number till they take possession of the package. We are working to improve this though.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What does "rotation (in seconds)" do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We have very limited support for UPSMI and state so in the app description. The main issue is the hand off between UPS and the USPS. We can track it fine once USPS takes over. What happens is since USPS is the delivering company, they own the tracking number but they don't make it a valid number till they take possession of the package. We are working to improve this though.
    Thanks for the reply. It did get recognized after the hand-off to USPS.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I have an item that refuses to delete. I swipe, get the delete button, press it, and it disappears. Then a few seconds later it reappears in the list. It's the first item in the screenshot.

I even tried to edit it and emptied the fields, but pressing the button does nothing. How can I remove this item?

Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Solved! I deleted the second item and then the first one deleted properly. Very strange to have to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I have an item that refuses to delete. I swipe, get the delete button, press it, and it disappears. Then a few seconds later it reappears in the list. It's the first item in the screenshot.

I even tried to edit it and emptied the fields, but pressing the button does nothing. How can I remove this item?

Gary
    i cant seem to fins this in the UK catalogue, also does it work in 2.1?