Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    @leftkidney - So you feel that people who have the talent to create do not deserve compensation for sharing their work? It's easier to copy someone else's idea then create the app on your own versus shelling out a few bucks? Good luck with yourr replication machine.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    I know this sounds crappy
    You got that right!
  3.    #503  
    Latest version of Pack 'n' Track is now available in the app catalog!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Arcticus,
    I've encountered a little problem: I was sent a package that I entered into Pack 'n' Track that has always shown "status unavailable" even though it's now been delivered by USPS. I checked and double-checked that the tracking number was correct. However, a further problem is that I can't delete this package. I get the normal option to delete after swiping. After tapping on delete, the package disappears as expected, but it reappears when I swipe the application up to close it. And when I edit the package to a nonexistent tracking number, it still can't be deleted.
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Arcticus,
    I've encountered a little problem: I was sent a package that I entered into Pack 'n' Track that has always shown "status unavailable" even though it's now been delivered by USPS. I checked and double-checked that the tracking number was correct. However, a further problem is that I can't delete this package. I get the normal option to delete after swiping. After tapping on delete, the package disappears as expected, but it reappears when I swipe the application up to close it. And when I edit the package to a nonexistent tracking number, it still can't be deleted.
    Yes this is what we refer to the "stubborn package" bug. It wants to hang around and do nothing . We believe we corrected the root cause of this in the latest update, but that won't help those that are already there. What has been reported is if you delete the package before and/or after the "stubborn" package, you can then delete the "stubborn" package.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    What is the change log no updates has been made for a while on your website
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    What is the change log no updates has been made for a while on your website
    Change log reflects official app catalog version.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I'm having an issue with the app...I don't have any current packages I am tracking, and when I go in to enter a new package, the "+" is not at the bottom left where it usually is; infact it is nowhere to be found and I cannot input a new tracking number at all! Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    I'm having an issue with the app...I don't have any current packages I am tracking, and when I go in to enter a new package, the "+" is not at the bottom left where it usually is; infact it is nowhere to be found and I cannot input a new tracking number at all! Help!!
    Here is what the screen looks like:

10.    #510  
    Quickest solution is to reinstall the app. With the speed increases in WebOs sometimes a race condition can occur when there are no packages in the list. We will be releasing a fix for this soon. Until then just keep on package in the list.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Until the fix is released, should I keep a package (even if it is old) in the app to prevent this issue?
    Last edited by jcole01272; 03/04/2010 at 03:24 PM.
  12.    #512  
    Until the fix is released, should I keep a package (even if it is old) in the app to prevent this issue?
    Yes
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Arcticus

Any chance of a 'lite' version that only tracks 1 or two packages? I love the app, but $8 for something I'd only use once in a great while is a bit more difficult to justify. If you had a lite version for a buck or two, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Arcticus

Any chance of a 'lite' version that only tracks 1 or two packages? I love the app, but $8 for something I'd only use once in a great while is a bit more difficult to justify. If you had a lite version for a buck or two, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.
    It has been discussed, but nothing in the works as of yet.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I love this app. I track a lot of packages and it is awesome for the job.

There are a few things, however, that I would love to see implemented.

1) I am still getting the stubborn package bug, in fact, I get it on almost every package.(I normally get a tracking number well before the package actually ships, so I now find I have to monitor the USPS website to see when it was actually sent before adding it to the app.)

2) On the homepage I would like to be able to only view undelivered packages. I would like to be able to keep all deliveries in the memory for reference, yet don't want month-old packages showing in my list. Either this, or place the add button at the top or make it float, so I don't have to scroll through a big list of delivered items to add a new one.

3) When I click on a notification and check the last status, it does not reflect that I have seen the status. It keep saying that I have new status updates, when I have actually seen them.

Again, I love the app, I just think these changes would make it even better.

Thanks
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    I love this app. I track a lot of packages and it is awesome for the job.

There are a few things, however, that I would love to see implemented.

1) I am still getting the stubborn package bug, in fact, I get it on almost every package.(I normally get a tracking number well before the package actually ships, so I now find I have to monitor the USPS website to see when it was actually sent before adding it to the app.)

2) On the homepage I would like to be able to only view undelivered packages. I would like to be able to keep all deliveries in the memory for reference, yet don't want month-old packages showing in my list. Either this, or place the add button at the top or make it float, so I don't have to scroll through a big list of delivered items to add a new one.

3) When I click on a notification and check the last status, it does not reflect that I have seen the status. It keep saying that I have new status updates, when I have actually seen them.

Again, I love the app, I just think these changes would make it even better.

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback stay tuned for a follow up post with some answer to this. In the mean time I just wanted to acknowledge that we read it and appreciate it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Ditto especially on points 2 and 3 from tasdad's points above. This is a great app and I use it frequently.
    Is anyone else having issues the past couple of days? I find that I haven't been getting updates (even manually hitting "update all packages") without editing the package info and hitting okay, and then I'll get all of them at once.
    I tried the "demo" and it looks like a good tool.. however I'm in Canada, and its still not showing up in the catalogue. When I get the link sent via sms, it comes up saying its not available in my country.

which brings me to asking if it will be available in Canada soon, and will it ever support Canada Post tracking? If it did, I'd drop some coin on this app forsure!
  20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post
    I tried the "demo" and it looks like a good tool.. however I'm in Canada, and its still not showing up in the catalogue. When I get the link sent via sms, it comes up saying its not available in my country.

which brings me to asking if it will be available in Canada soon, and will it ever support Canada Post tracking? If it did, I'd drop some coin on this app forsure!
    Send us an email using our contact form, we are looking for Canadians to provide Canadian Post tracking numbers for testing. We should begin that soon.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC