Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I thought I was the only one who thought the price for this was a little steep.

Love the app but don't use it enough to justify paying $8, especially since there still trying to work out the bugs.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I ended up buying the application after it became available in the Palm App catalog and ever since then I've been unable to get the program to notify me at all about the updated status with my packages. The homebrew application had no problem notifying me even when the application was closed but now it seems with the app version of Pack n' Track v0.9.52 doesn't do this anymore. Now I have to open the program to see the updated status of my packages.

Is this a known bug, or is this intended?
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    I ended up buying the application after it became available in the Palm App catalog and ever since then I've been unable to get the program to notify me at all about the updated status with my packages. The homebrew application had no problem notifying me even when the application was closed but now it seems with the app version of Pack n' Track v0.9.52 doesn't do this anymore. Now I have to open the program to see the updated status of my packages.

Is this a known bug, or is this intended?
    This is a known bug. Palm required we change our app id last minute and so the wake alarm got messed up. We knew this and had it fixed even before the app hit the catalog. Palm was suppose to turn the fix around ASAP for us v0.9.53 but it has been a week and is still classified as "Being Reviewed". This patch will also fix the Google Maps issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I made the noobie mistake of not deleting an old version (0.9.51) before installing the new paid version (0.9.52). I now have both apps on my phone and I am unable to delete the old version out of my app list. Do I need to delete the new version in order to delete the old version and then re-download from the app catalog? Will I be charged again if I do this?

Thanks for any help. (If this issue has already been addressed--my apologies. Please point me to the post with that info.)
  5.    #465  
    hmm odd but no prob. Just delete both. You will not be charged twice.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Any idea when the notifications will be fixed? I paid $8 for this app because I thought it would wake my phone and notify me, but it's not doing that. Even if I leave the app open and active when I lock my phone, nothing happens. This is pretty frustrating as this is the most expensive app I have bought and it won't work!
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMSD View Post
    Any idea when the notifications will be fixed? I paid $8 for this app because I thought it would wake my phone and notify me, but it's not doing that. Even if I leave the app open and active when I lock my phone, nothing happens. This is pretty frustrating as this is the most expensive app I have bought and it won't work!
    The update was given to Palm over 2 weeks ago. I harass them regularly about it. I have no idea why it is taking them so long as other apps that were released with us have seen updates.

I know its frustrating, I'm frustrated. The only thing I can say is it is fixed and the ball is in Palm's court to get it out.

Hopefully the review process if anything for published apps gets 100x faster as in theory they have already been reviewed in detail. Especially for things like the minor changes that were needed in Pack 'n' Track that have a huge effect on customer satisfaction.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

What about putting the newest version up on homebrew with an expiring license like before, until they get it up in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    What about putting the newest version up on homebrew with an expiring license like before, until they get it up in the App Catalog?
    What he said. Why frustrate your customers too?
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I sent out a tweet to Chuq asking to see if he could expedite the process:

Me:
    @chuq Can you please expedite the review process for Pack n' Track? This app is bugged and Syntacti submitted a fix for it over 2 weeks ago.

His response:
    @mitalis you need to push that request through the account manager. They can get it expedited (I can't)

I take it the account manager is you Articus?
  11.    #471  
    Nope it is Judy from Palm. She is their Business Development Manager. As far as I know she is doing everything she can to push it ahead and make it a priority.

As far as putting an temp version here on HB. Not a bad idea, I don't have my development laptop with me but I will put a build together and post it. I think I will even include some of the new tools like zip code decoder/lookup and find shipping locations near you. They aren't in the update that Palm has but it will give you something to look forward to in case you find it useful.

BTW don't forget to share ideas on what features you would find useful.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Arcticus, any updates on the light version we've requested? It would be nice to be able to track a few at a time, 3 or 4 and you can charge for the unlimited version 3.99 or so. I'm pretty sure more people be interested in it.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I would buy but think $7.99 is a little pricey.....
  14.    #474  
    Patch version available in homebrew. Please read the description for important info!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

15.    #475  
    Just an FYI Palm told me last night that they won't even consider reviewing the update till after the Pixi Launch.

You have no idea how grumpy that makes me.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

16.    #476  
    Great News! Palm saw the light of my business justification and has reviewed the update. Expect to see it soon!!!!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

17.    #477  
    Version 0.9.53 has hit the catalog! Upgrade today to get rid of those annoying bugs. Let me know what issues you find. We know some of the examples (USPS and DHL) have expired and will update them but they have nothing to do with functionality.

Remember the Tools features won't be in this update like it was in the HB version. Any feedback on that? The HB version is valid till the 15th.

Let me know if you have/find issues.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR REVIEWS IF YOU DINGED US FOR BUGS IN THE LAST VERSION. GOOD REVIEWS ARE CRITICAL TO OUR SUCCESS.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

18. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Was this app removed from the App Catalog? I cannot find it, and the HB app is expired. I was all set to get it, and now I can't...
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Was this app removed from the App Catalog? I cannot find it, and the HB app is expired. I was all set to get it, and now I can't...
    Nope it is there, a quick way to find it is just type "pack" and hit enter.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

20. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    That was the first thing I did, all it finds is 'Classic'. Is there a US restriction on it? I am in Canada.