Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Maybe you could run it on sale for $2-$3 for the first couple of weeks its in the catalog like Tweed is right now for $1.99 and then raise the price. It would also help to spike sales and reward early adopters too! Just a thought.
    Having the same problem with Status Unavailable with USPS shipment.... Checked USPS website and there have been two updates to the tracking number but still Status Unavailable on the App.
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    Having the same problem with Status Unavailable with USPS shipment.... Checked USPS website and there have been two updates to the tracking number but still Status Unavailable on the App.
    We are aware and have corrected the issue. Unfortunately it won't be in the initial version (v0.9.52) that hits the catalog. As soon as the catalog version hits we will be submitting an update (v0.9.53) to Palm that has some fixes (including this, you may have noticed maps stopped working as Google required us to upgrade our key, improved SmartPost tracking, etc just to name a few) in it. After that we will introduce some useful tools like zip code lookup, decoding, and finding shipping locations near you.

The work around for your issue is to click the options icon (the gear) and select edit package. Then just hit OK and it should re-acquire. If not then delete it and re-add it and you should be good to go. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We are aware and have corrected the issue. Unfortunately it won't be in the initial version (v0.9.52) that hits the catalog. As soon as the catalog version hits we will be submitting an update (v0.9.53) to Palm that has some fixes (including this, you may have noticed maps stopped working as Google required us to upgrade our key, improved SmartPost tracking, etc just to name a few) in it. After that we will introduce some useful tools like zip code lookup, decoding, and finding shipping locations near you.

The work around for your issue is to click the options icon (the gear) and select edit package. Then just hit OK and it should re-acquire. If not then delete it and re-add it and you should be good to go. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks for the info.... Unfortunately, I tried the Edit function earlier and that didn't change anything along with trying to Delete the item (it deletes but when I switch to another application or close and come back, the Deleted item magically appears again in the list.....

In terms of the previous discussion of App Catalog and Price, I too find $8 a bit steep for my use (maybe if I shipped lots of stuff for Ebay or commercially, maybe) - I expect I won't pay more than $5 for an app with a specific function and the most expensive app I have purchased for my Pre was Motionapps Classic given I already had an extensive library of purchased software from my Treo.... Just my 2c worth...
  5.    #445  
    Thanks for the info.... Unfortunately, I tried the Edit function earlier and that didn't change anything along with trying to Delete the item (it deletes but when I switch to another application or close and come back, the Deleted item magically appears again in the list.....

In terms of the previous discussion of App Catalog and Price, I too find $8 a bit steep for my use (maybe if I shipped lots of stuff for Ebay or commercially, maybe) - I expect I won't pay more than $5 for an app with a specific function and the most expensive app I have purchased for my Pre was Motionapps Classic given I already had an extensive library of purchased software from my Treo.... Just my 2c worth...
    We have had reports of what you are experiencing as far as the phantom package that just won't go away LOL. We are working to reproduce it so we can fix it, others have said if they delete some other packages such as those that have been delivered, then they can delete the stubborn one.

As far as price goes, I would watch this forum then to see if the app ever goes on sale
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Is it going to take an update to fix the Google map tracking? That was a really nice feature. Any idea how much longer until the app makes it into the official catalog? I really enjoy using the app on a casual basis to track my stuff so I don't need to fire up the browser on my pc. Good job on the app!
    Last edited by Miwo86; 10/20/2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: punctuation
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    Is it going to take an update to fix the Google map tracking? That was a really nice feature. Any idea how much longer until the app makes it into the official catalog? I really enjoy using the app on a casual basis to track my stuff so I don't need to fire up the browser on my pc. Good job on the app!
    Yes an update will be needed as we need to change out the Google maps Key we use as the old one is no longer valid.

As far as how much longer, I don't know but if it takes any longer I'm going to pull my hair out
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Unfortunately at this time there is no avenue for us to provide a "lite" version with limited capability (say limit the number of packages you could track at a time).
    Your Homebrew app description states you always intend to keep a test version on Precentral. Will this version be used to test upcoming features? This could also serve as your 'lite' version, despite not being in the App Catalog.

In any case, Great job with the app.
  9.    #449  
    Pack 'n' Track is now available in the app catalog. Please note we know some features are broke and will be patched in the 0.9.53 release coming ASAP
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    $7.99??!?!?

I mean, i love the app and congrats on graduating to the app store and all, but holy hell, $8?!

I think I'll pass.

$1.99 and you might have had a sale....
    grats on you the app catalog!

ssrjazz, then don't buy it.
    Last edited by pyrognome; 10/21/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am an occasional shipper. I was looking forward to this app. At $8, I can't justify it. At $4, I might consider it. Any less than that it would be a definite sale. Maybe if you come out with a Lite version.
    Oh well..
    Good luck
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    pyrognome: I'm not going to. Btw, Your response directed at me was pointless.

If the dev/company can't take ALL feedback on their product and it's price, then they shouldn't have gone into business.

They'll sell far more copies at a cheaper price.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Sorry but as much as I like the convenience of this app, I don't like it enough to pay $8. I can track my packages online for free or easily on the Pre by going to my gmail account. I understand there are development costs and I am willing to pay a price for convenience but $8 isn't it. I hope you seriously consider the price you are charging and the actual added value that this app provides and determine a new logical price.
    With all the price lash back, maybe you should consider two versions. One for the people that want to track say ~ 2 - 3 items or less max and the full version for people that want to track more than that at once. I'm thinking that the convenience is more than worth 7.99 for small Ebay buyers and sellers. For the average consumer, though, it isn't worth 7.99 to track the couple movies they have coming from amazon. I think that might be a better way to maximize your profits on this program.
    A free version if you wanna track 3 or 4 items at a time would be nice. Will the homebrew app still work?
    Unfortunately at this time there is no avenue for us to provide a "lite" version with limited capability (say limit the number of packages you could track at a time). .
    Still trying to understand why there is no way to provide a 'lite' version - say limited to 2-4 concurrent packages or something to that effect or a counter to max. packages per week or month.

The App Catalog has several apps that come in full or lite versions so it doesn't appear to be an App Catalog issue. As a consumer, I'd gladly pay up to $4 for a Lite version that let you track maybe 4 concurrent packages or 10 per month.
  18.    #458  
    Still trying to understand why there is no way to provide a 'lite' version - say limited to 2-4 concurrent packages or something to that effect or a counter to max. packages per week or month.

The App Catalog has several apps that come in full or lite versions so it doesn't appear to be an App Catalog issue. As a consumer, I'd gladly pay up to $4 for a Lite version that let you track maybe 4 concurrent packages or 10 per month.
    A lite version is not in the immediate future but is on the road map. There are some stumbling blocks that need to be worked out first. Just as an example there is no upgrade path from lite to full without re-buying the app.

What I can say though is to just watch the Syntactix forum here at PreCentral and with the Holiday's coming, you never know we may just feel festive.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I like the idea of the app.

I more than sure it works well. The only issue is its seems so over priced. I could see paying $1.99 or maybe $2.99 if it does work well. In any case good luck selling it and I hope your successful!

It does look good...
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I like the idea of the app.

I more than sure it works well. The only issue is its seems so over priced. I could see paying $1.99 or maybe $2.99 if it does work well. In any case good luck selling it and I hope your successful!

It does look good...
    +1 I like the app, but I would pay max $2.99 for it.