Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #421  
    Sorry guys can't comment on that, just know Palm is working hard on it and that I get correspondences from them as late as 1 or 2 am so they are definitely burning the midnight oil to get this out to everyone.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The last few days, this app stopped working for me. All my shipments show as 'status unavailable'. Did I miss something??
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    The last few days, this app stopped working for me. All my shipments show as 'status unavailable'. Did I miss something??
    PM me your tracking numbers and I will check them out.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I sent you a PM. I also went ahead and deleted and then reinstalled. Upon re-entering the tracking numbers, they all updated. Don't know why, bit its working now.
    does the program do fedex smartpost?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Yeah when we posted that version today was our tentative release date with Palm. That has slipped a bit. We are adding new features such as zip code look up and decoding, the ability to find a shipper near you, and have even began exploring with a shipping company to offer discounted shipping rates through our app.

It should hit the app catalog when paid apps go live.
    With the other services available, I'm not willing to pay for just straight package tracking. However, the planned features would definitely push me towards paying for the app. Glad you've got these additional features on the way!
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    does the program do fedex smartpost?
    I know this is a hokey answer, but you tell me

Basically have been doing our best to improve smartpost tracking. But due to limited access to such numbers it makes it tough. Basically when we get our hands on a number we make some tweaks and see what happens, then look at the results make some more tweaks and wait for another number to test . So if you have a smartpost number don't forget to PM it to me so we can improve the app.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    PM me your tracking numbers and I will check them out.
    I've had this same problem. I received the tracking numbers from companies, but they apparently hadn't posted to USPS or FedEx yet.. If I wait until after you can actually view a status on the website, then I go into "Edit Package" on the Pack 'N' Track and then hit to submit, it will update the package then and assign it to the appropriate carrier and update. However, If I have 2 of these status unavailables and try to edit package on the 2nd package, the app just freezes. I have to delete it and then go back in and re-enter the tracking info from scratch.
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I've had this same problem. I received the tracking numbers from companies, but they apparently hadn't posted to USPS or FedEx yet.. If I wait until after you can actually view a status on the website, then I go into "Edit Package" on the Pack 'N' Track and then hit to submit, it will update the package then and assign it to the appropriate carrier and update. However, If I have 2 of these status unavailables and try to edit package on the 2nd package, the app just freezes. I have to delete it and then go back in and re-enter the tracking info from scratch.
    Hmm Ok the point of Status Unavailable is for the cases where the number is valid but the shipper just hasn't caught up. I would expect this issue with USPS but not so much Fedex. This is going to be hard to duplicate, but I will try using invalid numbers first. I definitely want to get this knocked out as it is a very likely scenario so any help would be great. If you ship allot of things and experience this frequently let me know and I will send you some test builds to try for us as we work this issue.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Hi Articus -

I'm confused. Is this app going to be available soon in the App Catalog (I know, I know... you're probably sworn to secrecy if it is :-)? I haven't seen anything in the official catalog yet and no news on that front here either. Would really like to get the "official" version of the app without having to get teh homebrew one that will have an expiration date. Thanks.
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Hi Articus -

I'm confused. Is this app going to be available soon in the App Catalog (I know, I know... you're probably sworn to secrecy if it is :-)? I haven't seen anything in the official catalog yet and no news on that front here either. Would really like to get the "official" version of the app without having to get teh homebrew one that will have an expiration date. Thanks.
    Yes it will. We have had our official blessing from Palm for a while now, but they are experiencing some issues on their end and they are working diligently to work them out (the catalog and submission process is in beta after all) . We are eager to see it added to the catalog and it should be any day now (famous last words I am sure).

The price will be $7.99 and all updates/upgrades will be free.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes it will. We have had our official blessing from Palm for a while now, but they are experiencing some issues on their end and they are working diligently to work them out (the catalog and submission process is in beta after all) . We are eager to see it added to the catalog and it should be any day now (famous last words I am sure).

Excellent! Thanks for the information and update!

wow pretty steep thank god I kept my beta version that doesn't expire. LOL
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    wow pretty steep thank god I kept my beta version that doesn't expire. LOL
    It may seem steep if you only track a package here and there. It all depends on how much you use the app and how important the ease of tracking a package is to you.

Unfortunately at this time there is no avenue for us to provide a "lite" version with limited capability (say limit the number of packages you could track at a time).

What are you willing to pay for the app? How much do you use it? What features could be added to convince you to purchase it at 7.99?

Something tells me though since you are happy with the beta version and you have it for free forever, you never would purchase the app and I'm cool with that (a nice review wouldn't hurt as payback though ).
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

The amount of times I use it, I'd be willing to pay a couple of $$ (like 2 or 3), but 8 is a bit steep for something I rarely use. It's a nice app though, and I would pay for it (using beta currently), if it a bit less expensive. I agree, if you could do a "lite" version, then it'd be perfect.. When it comes out on the catalog, I'll definately give it a good review..
    It may seem steep if you only track a package here and there. It all depends on how much you use the app and how important the ease of tracking a package is to you.

Unfortunately at this time there is no avenue for us to provide a "lite" version with limited capability (say limit the number of packages you could track at a time).

What are you willing to pay for the app? How much do you use it? What features could be added to convince you to purchase it at 7.99?

Something tells me though since you are happy with the beta version and you have it for free forever, you never would purchase the app and I'm cool with that (a nice review wouldn't hurt as payback though ).
    Ya I have to agree with you there, its steep for me because I only track like a package a month and i can just use my browser then, but the main reason I say its steep is because I just used the HTC Hero for a few days and also own a Ipod Touch and these kind of apps are available for both and on both systems only cost $1.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    The amount of times I use it, I'd be willing to pay a couple of $$ (like 2 or 3), but 8 is a bit steep for something I rarely use. It's a nice app though, and I would pay for it (using beta currently), if it a bit less expensive. I agree, if you could do a "lite" version, then it'd be perfect.. When it comes out on the catalog, I'll definately give it a good review..
    You can't review stuff unless you buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    You can't review stuff unless you buy it.
    In that case, it's got a good review in my mind..
  19.    #439  
    We now have a dedicated forum for Syntactix and our app development located HERE
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

$7 will cause others to join this space, which isnt bad for end users.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.