Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Great app! I use this app everyday and i have no problems with it and I love the notifications. Thanks
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Agreed we put it there out of lack of a good place to put and it was one of the last things to get working before our deadline to palm and we wanted to include it. We are looking at a good way to incorporate a few new things onto the front screen. Suggestions are always welcome
    You could decrease the font size of the title and add another line for the delivery date. And/or, you could add a line to the latest info. Maybe somebody else has a more clever idea, but that would work for me.
    Very nice app. I just used it to track my new Seidio case!
    It would be nice to have a way of canceling the network request when I make a typo in the tracking number. I thought I had numbers on, but typed a UPS tracking number with a bunch of letters. Hit Update Shipper and it locked the App as it tries to find info about bogus data.

It would be great to have a Cancel to not have to wait for a time out.

I type in ffjfjefjjefkueke and hit the button and it has been 2 minutes now that it is locked. Still waiting. Need some type of tracking number validation or something.

OK, it never comes back, until I minimize and restore that closes the dialog. So there seems to be an error happening here and the deactivate or activate is clearing the dialog. Needs a better handler.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    It would be nice to have a way of canceling the network request when I make a typo in the tracking number. I thought I had numbers on, but typed a UPS tracking number with a bunch of letters. Hit Update Shipper and it locked the App as it tries to find info about bogus data.

I type in ffjfjefjjefkueke and hit the button and it has been 2 minutes now that it is locked. Still waiting. Need some type of tracking number validation or something.

OK, it never comes back, until I minimize and restore that closes the dialog. So there seems to be an error happening here and the deactivate or activate is clearing the dialog. Needs a better handler.
    Back gesture cancels.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

Sounds like your not running RTM Update 1. The version should be v0.9.41. Also you can swipe back at anytime to cancel the request, but it should cancel out after it decides you don't have a valid tracking number. v0.9.40 had an issue with that.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    v0.9.41

thats the version i have according to device info app. file coaster still says i need an uodate, and i think i know why. in filecoaster, the version number is 0.9.941. so i guess the "941" is causing the confusion.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Thank you sir !very nice indeed
    Yesterday and today I tried to load a tracking number (UPS 3-day), but it keeps hanging forever on "updating shipper". And when I get impatient and swipe the card up, it loses the entered tracking number.
    Same thing just happened with another tracking number. I think it hadn't entered the USPS system, just as the previous number hadn't yet shown up on the UPS web site. Isn't this app supposed to save the info and update it once it appears on the various shipper's systems?
    i put in a tn, and edited the name. when i said update it changed the name to update unavailable.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Great job on this app - an app that satisfies a need completely. I still have to play around with it, but it would be nice if after putting in the tracking number, if you could name that number. When I put in a list of numbers, I have to go into the "edit" section to see what the number and then match it with my shipments. If I could just name it then I could do away with having to look at anything else. Either way, very good job with what you have!
    it took me like 10 times for each example to be able to get the delete to show.
    Great application! Thanks!
    As someone who ships out a lot of packages with UPS and receives even more on UPS and FedEx this has potential to be a very useful aplication.

What is missing though is the ability to log in via UPS Campus Ship and automatically load my tracking numbers automatically. I would pay money for that, or more specifically, make my company pay money for that. An easier way to keep track of packages to avoid the constant "Where's my part?" phone calls.
    Allot of people use the 2nd screen as it provides a quick reference to all the status for that package. What I would consider doing is maybe making a configurable parameter that allows you to skip the 2nd screen. Thoughts?
    I think the second screen *is* potentially useful, because it's a quick summary and doesn't require waiting for network activity.

However, to realize that potential it really has to have the locality name. Otherwise, phrases like "Arrived at..." and "Departed..." are kinda meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i put in a tn, and edited the name. when i said update it changed the name to update unavailable.
    Yes, I've had this problem as well.

If the program is unable to get status information, that "Status unavailable" message should show up in the second line, which normally shows the status. It should *not* replace the title the user has typed in.
    One of my packages (which is titled "Status Unavailable") cannot be deleted.

It appears to delete normally, with a confirmation, and disappears from the screen. But it always comes back as soon as I deactivate the app.

Any idea how I should proceed?
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    One of my packages (which is titled "Status Unavailable") cannot be deleted.

It appears to delete normally, with a confirmation, and disappears from the screen. But it always comes back as soon as I deactivate the app.

Any idea how I should proceed?
    Sorry guys been tied up with life. Anyway Grantroot whats your status with this issue?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendercraig View Post
    it took me like 10 times for each example to be able to get the delete to show.
    I was having the same issue but maybe yours is a bit different. I was trying to swipe to the left by touching the title bat in the middle or near the left side. It seems you have to touch the ittle bat near the gree or red notification icon and then swipe left. After I did that it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by Brewzer; 09/17/2009 at 10:13 AM.