Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Hmmm. If I click on the little gear-in-a-box icon on the right side of one of my entries and choose "Edit Package" from the pop-up menu, the app seems to hang. The package in question is 9102901001299061453675.

I should mention that my other package (1ZW7A376PP48313971) edits with no trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    - All of the saved entries for which tracking information could not be found show up in the list as "Status Unavailable", and they all look the same. I can't really tell which is which, or if I successfully entered a particular item. Could you possibly display the entered title (or if no title, the tracking number) on the first line, and the "Status Unavailable" message on the second line?
    By editing one of the packages, I see what happened. It looks like the title I entered was replaced by the words "Status Unavailable" when the package was saved. I can edit the package and put my title back in, but the original replacement is not really desirable from the user's point of view. Is there a way to avoid overwriting the entered title?
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    I can edit the package and put my title back in,
    Whoops, no I can't. I mean, I can do it temporarily, but the title gets replaced the next time a status check is done for that package.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Sorry for being late to the party - normally I have a package to two in flight but I haven't done much shipping recently.

Generally the app looks really good, but the second screen (the one that shows the statuses for a single package) is often somewhat useless as you need to go to another screen to find out where the package is.

Would it be possible to put the package location (wherever relevant) in each of the statuses so we can see, at a glance, the same information we get from the shipper's page?
    Can some 1 put up tha link ipk so i can try
    Quote Originally Posted by FARROCKBOY View Post
    Can some 1 put up tha link ipk so i can try

i think you need to use filecoaster, preware, or preload to install apps now.

does anyone still provide ipks?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Great app.. Would like to have the ability to paste a tracking number into the entry field. I go into my email, hit reply to get the ability to copy the text, then switch back to the pack n track card, but as soon as I goto the edit menu to find paste, the entry window disappears.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    The new version wasn't on Preware yet, but I just downloaded it and installed it. The window does not disappear anymore with this version, but you still can't access the edit menu when the entry window is up. I agree with a previous post that the last known location would be a nice feature (when available) in the log screen.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Thank you for this app! The notification integration with the Pre is great. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Great app.. Would like to have the ability to paste a tracking number into the entry field. I go into my email, hit reply to get the ability to copy the text, then switch back to the pack n track card, but as soon as I goto the edit menu to find paste, the entry window disappears.
    Why not just press the Gesture Area + V to paste in? That will solve your problem (oh, and gesture + C = Copy / gesture + X = Cut)
    I am currently using this app and I have to say it is very good. I will be buying this when it becomes official. The notifications are what makes this app.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Why not just press the Gesture Area + V to paste in? That will solve your problem (oh, and gesture + C = Copy / gesture + X = Cut)
    Nice.. Good call! That does work great. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    Generally the app looks really good, but the second screen (the one that shows the statuses for a single package) is often somewhat useless as you need to go to another screen to find out where the package is.

Would it be possible to put the package location (wherever relevant) in each of the statuses so we can see, at a glance, the same information we get from the shipper's page?
    I second this. Adding the locality would be great, as it would make it pretty much unnecessary to go to the shipper's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    I think that the second screen is useless period. What we need (in my opinion) is to get rid of the second screen when you tap on a package, and skip directly to the third. Then, below the map you could have a list of the detailed status messages.

Also, this was really weird, but today when opening the app, the app loaded fully, and then only after it was done loading did I get the splash screen, as opposed to getting it while it's loading.
    in filecoaster i am getting an update on p&t, but not in preload.

what should be the version number?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    in filecoaster i am getting an update on p&t, but not in preload.

what should be the version number?
    v0.9.41
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think that the second screen is useless period. What we need (in my opinion) is to get rid of the second screen when you tap on a package, and skip directly to the third. Then, below the map you could have a list of the detailed status messages.

Also, this was really weird, but today when opening the app, the app loaded fully, and then only after it was done loading did I get the splash screen, as opposed to getting it while it's loading.
    Allot of people use the 2nd screen as it provides a quick reference to all the status for that package. What I would consider doing is maybe making a configurable parameter that allows you to skip the 2nd screen. Thoughts?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Allot of people use the 2nd screen as it provides a quick reference to all the status for that package. What I would consider doing is maybe making a configurable parameter that allows you to skip the 2nd screen. Thoughts?
    If people use that screen, then that's definitely a good solution to please everyone, yeah.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I would like the estimated delivery date on the main screen somewhere. It seems weird that it's buried in a drop down on the second screen.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I would like the estimated delivery date on the main screen somewhere. It seems weird that it's buried in a drop down on the second screen.
    Agreed we put it there out of lack of a good place to put and it was one of the last things to get working before our deadline to palm and we wanted to include it. We are looking at a good way to incorporate a few new things onto the front screen. Suggestions are always welcome
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC