Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Delivery Confirmation Only. An inexpensive way to track via USPS.
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    Delivery Confirmation Only. An inexpensive way to track via USPS.
    Agh ok give me ten minutes and RC5 should fix it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  3.    #323  
    Ok RC5 available should fix another USPS bug. Thanks Phone-Man that could have been a bit embarrassing.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Would be nice if preferences had hours between which you don't want notifications, so you don't have to remember to go in and turn them off every night and back on in the morning.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Very nice application. I hadn't updated my version for a few weeks and you've made nice improvements.

But there's no support for pasting copied numbers into the tracking number field? That seems like a basic feature. Whenever I press the drop down menu to paste, the editing window goes away.

On edit - my bad, I see the gestures area paste works fine. Maybe make a notation in the help file about that method being the only one that works.
    Last edited by jp99; 08/28/2009 at 05:11 AM.
    You can paste the tracking number. I find that the WebOS copy and paste works much better when you use the gesture area + C to copy and gesture + V to paste.

I didn't even realize you could copy and paste like that until recently. Basically it's the equivilent of a CNTRL-C and CNTRL-V on the PC.

Tap and hold the gesture area (to the left or right of the center button)...while holding gesture area press "C" to copy.

To paste:
    Tap and hold the gesture area (to the left or right of the center button)...while holding gesture area press "V" to paste.

I do it all the time with PACK N TRACK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    We have it for FedEx and UPS, but it is not in the RC4 build. Still trying to figure out the best place to put it. We are considering putting it in the additional details on the map page. What's your thought.
    I was thinking more that it could be added on top on the gray part when you click on the item just to have a delivery date displayed on top. Cause most people want to know when its coming. also I just tried to track an item from UPS using RC 5 and its says Status Unavailable and the item has already been delieved. Here is the tracking # 1Z9260Y60399766470
    I havnt been making heavy use of this app, but today I used it to track a package's delivery and had an issue.

I got a slip on the door from my UPS guy after a missed delivery. On it the only info given was an 'info notice number'. While the UPS webpage could use this number to bring up delivery status information, PrePackage could not. I had to bring it up on UPS.com then copy the tracking number to PrePackage.

Is this expected behavior? Or should PrePackage be able to handle InfoNotice numbers for UPS?
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I havnt been making heavy use of this app, but today I used it to track a package's delivery and had an issue.

I got a slip on the door from my UPS guy after a missed delivery. On it the only info given was an 'info notice number'. While the UPS webpage could use this number to bring up delivery status information, PrePackage could not. I had to bring it up on UPS.com then copy the tracking number to PrePackage.

Is this expected behavior? Or should PrePackage be able to handle InfoNotice numbers for UPS?
    Currently we are not setup to handle InfoNotice numbers as they are hard to come by to test and integrate. If you don't mind PM your numbers so we can work on that feature.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I was thinking more that it could be added on top on the gray part when you click on the item just to have a delivery date displayed on top. Cause most people want to know when its coming. also I just tried to track an item from UPS using RC 5 and its says Status Unavailable and the item has already been delieved. Here is the tracking # 1Z9260Y60399766470
    I was able to see it fine this morning, please try again maybe you hit us during some server maintenance last night?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

I was able to see it fine this morning, please try again maybe you hit us during some server maintenance last night?
    well I just installed the new version this morning and still not able to, I'm deleting the program and re-installing to see if I'm able to track the package.
    works now that I reinstalled it anyway I think it would be more usefull to see the delivery date on top then the title that we name the package.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hmm i tried a fedex and a ups number and they both gave me nothing back on the program
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3drow View Post
    hmm i tried a fedex and a ups number and they both gave me nothing back on the program
    Make sure you deleted your old version before the new one. Also if you PM me your numbers I can validate them on our server.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Apologies if someone already submitted this as a bug -- but I didn't have the time to read 17 pages of posts.

I have v0.9.9 installed.

I deleted all of the sample deliveries on the 'latest info' screen. (I may have left one undeleted -- I don't recall. If I did it would have either been UPS or Fedex)

I clicked '+' and added a UPS tracking number
    On the latest info screen the UPS logo shows up with a '0' in the logo's top right corner.
    When I click the icon, it takes me to a screen with statsuses that all refer to Fedex instead of UPS (e.g., On Fedex Vehicle for Delivery, Left Fedex Ramp)
    I click on 'Delivered' and the text shows:

Package update on 08/27/09
    06:43 am
    Out for Delivery
    Maspeth, NY, US

It contains a map showing the blue line path the package took.

The package was delivered yesterday (8/26) yet there was no update or notifcation of any kind.

The only way I knew it was delivered is when I clicked on the globe icon on the lower left hand corner and got taken to UPS's web site where I could see the status.

This app has a lot of potential. Keep up the great work.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    o what the heck i tried it like 3 times yesterday and now it works today XD o well good stuff :P
    hey Arcticus, I am still waiting for my USPS package to show movement from its original location in TX.
    It shows up correctly in the program, but I don't get a map showing that it is sitting in Texas. Version 9.85 (i think) did show this. Is it your intention that no map be shown if no movement has taken place from its shipping location or is this a small bug here?

usps tracking #: 9101 1480 0860 0197 6402 74
    Last edited by hiyo; 08/28/2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Great app Thanks! Ive been shipping a lot lately..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Currently we are not setup to handle InfoNotice numbers as they are hard to come by to test and integrate. If you don't mind PM your numbers so we can work on that feature.
    done!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Love the app. but the larest version didn't update as quickly or as many steps on the route as an older version I was using w/ USPS or show any notifications?
    Thanks for all the work, I've been watching this thread pretty closely the past several days.