Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #301  
    The good news here is I think it only happens when its in the Electronic Shipping Info Received state and once its moved on it tracks and notifies properly
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Think I found a small bug.

I'm currently tracking a fedex package.
    When I tap on the additional details drop down, it gives package weight.

My package is 23.0 Lbs/10.4 kg.

Pack 'N' Track displays it as:
    Weight: 3.0 Lbs/10.4 kg

It maybe that you need to allow more columns (ie. tens, hundreds).
    Hope that helps.....great app!
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by arm_pre View Post
    Think I found a small bug.

I'm currently tracking a fedex package.
    When I tap on the additional details drop down, it gives package weight.

My package is 23.0 Lbs/10.4 kg.

Pack 'N' Track displays it as:
    Weight: 3.0 Lbs/10.4 kg

It maybe that you need to allow more columns (ie. tens, hundreds).
    Hope that helps.....great app!
    Way to pay attention to detail... Thanks, got it!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    I don't know if this is a functional problem or just a bad display. If I enter a 22-digit USPS tracking number from an Amazon notification, there is an error where USPS reports no record of that number. That's fine, it's probably just too new, but the number it says it looked up is only the last 18 digits of my number. For instance, if I enter 9102901001301103052873, the detail page shows:

USPS reported an errorNo record of

The number is shown correctly in two other places, so it seems to be stored OK. But I don't know if the actual tracking request uses the full number or the truncated one.
    Update on this: it was just a display problem. The item is tracked OK once the USPS makes the data available.
    So I have to delete this app before I download the new version?
    There is no spoon
  6.    #306  
    RC 4 Available. Should fix the USPS annoyance issue (for real this time I hope, thats a show stopper in my book). From my last test I got one notification on one and none on the other. If you get only one, we can still ship and continue to work the issue. If its continuous that will make a bunch of people grumpy.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    So I have to delete this app before I download the new version?
    Yes please, I know this can be a pain because you have to re-enter packages, but this is to ensure there is no Database entanglement with the new re-branding of Pack 'n' Track from PrePackage. Also trying to test out new USPS code.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Yes please, I know this can be a pain because you have to re-enter packages, but this is to ensure there is no Database entanglement with the new re-branding of Pack 'n' Track from PrePackage. Also trying to test out new USPS code.
    OK. No problem
    There is no spoon
    Is there any way on this app to see when the item is expected to be delievered yet, has that been added.
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Is there any way on this app to see when the item is expected to be delievered yet, has that been added.
    We have it for FedEx and UPS, but it is not in the RC4 build. Still trying to figure out the best place to put it. We are considering putting it in the additional details on the map page. What's your thought.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Sorry if I missed this but is there a way to clear the examples that are part of the download? Thx
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Sorry if I missed this but is there a way to clear the examples that are part of the download? Thx
    Swipe to delete
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

It would be nice when you are entering a new package # that if you went to another card to get the number from that the package program would keep the partial number you already typed until you can finish.
    By any chance does UPS Mail innovations have an API that would allow for packing of their packages?

I ask because just this week I had something sent via UPS-MI (I've never seen it before) and they issued me a tracking number that doesn't work on the UPS site, however, it works on UPS-MI's site (Package ID Search).

I'm not sure how obscure UPS-MI is, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    By any chance does UPS Mail innovations have an API that would allow for packing of their packages?

I ask because just this week I had something sent via UPS-MI (I've never seen it before) and they issued me a tracking number that doesn't work on the UPS site, however, it works on UPS-MI's site (Package ID Search).

I'm not sure how obscure UPS-MI is, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
    Looking into it, if they don't we could always screen scrape the data.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

problem with usps package appears to be fixed with new release.

Thanks, and great work.
    Another USPS issue. Tracking# 0103 8555 7497 5097 0087. Waited for it to get out of electronic processing per previous posts. I have the RC4 and I get Status Unavailable. Tried with and without spaces. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I apologize if these comments have already been made but I wanted to make sure I helped test out the software as requested.

First, I've used PrePackage a couple of times and thought it was pretty well designed. I had problems with overactive notifications but I know those had been resolved.

Fortunately I was able to ship a package today so it was a perfect opportunity to test the new Pack 'n' Track. Here are some comments:

1. When I get a notification appearing at the bottom and I click it, it doesn't disappear after the shipping status has been displayed.

2. I think the scene that shows the list of statuses for a single shipment would look better if the second line (with the smaller text) was aligned with the first line or even slightly intended.

3. I love that I can use gestures to zoom into the Google map. However, it would be better if I could just zoom the map without forcing the overall size of the map to grow. It forces the content above the map to get pushed out of the way.

4. Many applications for webOS use the default light gray background. I think a little color would make a big difference, especially if you used some kind of gradient.
  19.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone-Man View Post
    Another USPS issue. Tracking# 0103 8555 7497 5097 0087. Waited for it to get out of electronic processing per previous posts. I have the RC4 and I get Status Unavailable. Tried with and without spaces. Thanks.
    The reason your getting that response is our system is not detected it as a USPS number. I know that it is as I can look at the site and see that it is. My question is, is it a special form of shipping like mail box innovations or anything out of the ordinary?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    I apologize if these comments have already been made but I wanted to make sure I helped test out the software as requested.

First, I've used PrePackage a couple of times and thought it was pretty well designed. I had problems with overactive notifications but I know those had been resolved.

Fortunately I was able to ship a package today so it was a perfect opportunity to test the new Pack 'n' Track. Here are some comments:

1. When I get a notification appearing at the bottom and I click it, it doesn't disappear after the shipping status has been displayed.

2. I think the scene that shows the list of statuses for a single shipment would look better if the second line (with the smaller text) was aligned with the first line or even slightly intended.

3. I love that I can use gestures to zoom into the Google map. However, it would be better if I could just zoom the map without forcing the overall size of the map to grow. It forces the content above the map to get pushed out of the way.

4. Many applications for webOS use the default light gray background. I think a little color would make a big difference, especially if you used some kind of gradient.
    Can you elaborate a little more on #1?

As far as #2 and #4 go, duly noted. We went with the generic background at first that way we had a greater chance of complying with Palm's WebOs User Interface standards. Once we are through the initial flames, I defiantly see some improvements like that coming. At the very least maybe configurable theme between the default light and dark Palm settings.

#3 Would be a challenge so not for the initial release, but something we can definitely work on.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC