Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Two other small issues:

-- Could not install the new version of the program until I deleted the old one (along with my existing packages).

-- In the detail screen, could you show the name of the city and state as well as the "Arrival scan", "Departure scan", etc. for each step? It would be much more informative.

Thanks!
  2.    #282  
    RELEASE CANDIDATE 1

We need you help PreCentral community. Over the next 24+ hours, we will be making our final push to lock down a final version (before it comes to a Pre near you wink wink). With that in mind we are asking the community to help us squash those last remaining bugs, plus the new ones that come out of the plastic when we do.

Please note you should delete the app first before installing the release candidate version and be aware that we may ask you to delete it again for subsequent RC releases. Please submit any bugs you may find to the official forum thread with as much detail as possible and if possible PM me with your tracking number so I can reproduce it if necessary. In addition to functional testing please refer to Palm Developere Guidelines for infractions we may have.

I Thank You For Your Support - Arcticus
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    RELEASE CANDIDATE 1

We need you help PreCentral community. Over the next 24+ hours, we will be making our final push to lock down a final version (before it comes to a Pre near you wink wink). With that in mind we are asking the community to help us squash those last remaining bugs, plus the new ones that come out of the plastic when we do.

Please note you should delete the app first before installing the release candidate version and be aware that we may ask you to delete it again for subsequent RC releases. Please submit any bugs you may find to the official forum thread with as much detail as possible and if possible PM me with your tracking number so I can reproduce it if necessary. In addition to functional testing please refer to Palm Developere Guidelines for infractions we may have.

I Thank You For Your Support - Arcticus
    where is the download?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    NOt getting info on latest version. Says waiting for system update but nothing. 10 min and counting.......

usps tracking #: 9101 1480 0860 0197 6402 74
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    NOt getting info on latest version. Says waiting for system update but nothing. 10 min and counting.......

usps tracking #: 9101 1480 0860 0197 6402 74
    Ok in your case thats a good thing. I plugged your number in at USPS and they only have electronic filing. Now as soon as your package moves it should track automatically. Please let me know. This is one of those harder things to test without going out and shipping stuff myself LOL.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

On your previous version it at least told me that the package's electronic filing had been received at whatever location and is waiting. Same as the usps website says. I notice that now it just says waiting for system update, with no details at all. I get a blank screen. Before i could at least see that it was waiting and its location (i.e. Texas with map indication). Something has changed since last version.
  7.    #287  
    Yes, you are correct. We have a fix for it but want to make sure the package will begin tracking before we put it in so it doesn't mask another problem. Thanks for the help and keep me posted.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

cool. This really is a very useful program.
    Last edited by hiyo; 08/26/2009 at 10:04 PM.
  9.    #289  
    New RC candidate available. Hiyo this should have the fix we talked about.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Question: Is UPS "Mail innovations" shipping one of those you mention where it can't track until it gets to the deliverer?

I ask, because I do have a tracking number-- it doesn't work on UPS's main site but works on their UPS-MI site. I dunno if they have an API for that site, however.
    Question: Is UPS "Mail innovations" shipping one of those you mention where it can't track until it gets to the deliverer?

I ask, because I do have a tracking number-- it doesn't work on UPS's main site but works on their UPS-MI site. I dunno if they have an API for that site, however.

(Package ID Search)
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post

(Package ID Search)
    Currently yes its, however if everything goes well with this testing we should be able to support UPS-MI and FedEx SmartPost very soon. The trick is detecting that its one of those tracking numbers
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

13.    #293  
    hyio - there is still a glitch in this, RC 3 should have the final fix for that.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The newest update is pretty annoying. There is an ever present notification icon on the bottom of my screen for a package i am tracking. No matter how many times i touch it and bring up the app, it never goes away, and periodically reminds me of the same alert that has been there for the last few hours. any thoughts on why this is happening? FYI it is a USPS package
    Very nice app. Thanks.

BUT when you update to a newer version, it loses all the packages you had entered. Please make the update process more friendly. And make some sort of save/delete/archive option so you can save your packages off-line or do a mass delete by date.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    Very nice app. Thanks.

BUT when you update to a newer version, it loses all the packages you had entered. Please make the update process more friendly. And make some sort of save/delete/archive option so you can save your packages off-line or do a mass delete by date.

hmm, you had to uninstall the previous version b4 you installed rc1.

are you saying upgrading from rc1 to rc2 did this? it didnt happen in previous upgrades.

Arcticus, where is rc3?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  17.    #297  
    RC3 just posted. Should fix the annoying USPS alerts LTracte.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Big bug for me is that when I have notifications on and Only on Delivery On, I get no notifications. Tested this morning. If I turn off Only on Delivery then I get the notifications fine but I get all of them. Can you fix this please?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  19.    #299  
    Thanks mobilehavoc looking into this...
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    There is an ever present notification icon on the bottom of my screen for a package i am tracking. No matter how many times i touch it and bring up the app, it never goes away, and periodically reminds me of the same alert that has been there for the last few hours. any thoughts on why this is happening? FYI it is a USPS package
    I am having a similar problem, but not exactly the same. I do not have an ever present notification icon. I am, however, getting a repeat notification for teh same update that I have viewed and cleared. It has been happening all morning. Never had it in any of the previous releases.

This is a USPS package. I will PM you the tracking number, Arcticus.