Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Strange but I found a solution to the problem. I downloaded the latest version of Web OS Install. That allowed me to actually see the file sitting on my Pre that I could not see b4. I uninstalled it through device management and reinstalled through Web install and voila. Prepackage is on there solid! Very weird cause I don't understand why filecoaster and the previous edition of Web install didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Looks like you guys grabbed it before Dieter had a chance to approve it. Just go ahead and regrab it.

i tried, but had to delete the previous ver to get the new icon.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Incredibly useful, but two issues.

1. impossible to copy and paste a tracking number from the web or another app, as previously stated.

2. entered a number, and the next time I launched the app, that number/shipment had vanished. Not going to go look it up every time, to re-enter it.

Otherwise, excellent.
    The current version whould say that it installed when downloaded with filecoaster, but it did not. Only way to get it to install was to delete pervious version and then install current version.
    Bill
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i tried, but had to delete the previous ver to get the new icon.
    Makes sense I forgot that the Pre tends to cache images. It even will keep the cookie database after you delete the app.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post

1. impossible to copy and paste a tracking number from the web or another app, as previously stated.

2. entered a number, and the next time I launched the app, that number/shipment had vanished. Not going to go look it up every time, to re-enter it.

Otherwise, excellent.
    You can copy and paste from email, but I am basically limited by the Pre's copy and paste functionality.

Obviously #2 shouldn't occur, let me know if it continues.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

I also had to uninstall previous version (Ver. 0.9.85) before new version (0.9.9) would install. Great app.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the app. The new version seems to have cleared up my issues. Excited to see it handle freight shipping.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Great app. Worked for a FedEx package perfect, tracking a UPS package now. I would really like to see EMS added to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post

Otherwise, excellent.
    You can copy and paste from email, but I am basically limited by the Pre's copy and paste functionality.

I am having the same issue with #2. I enter a package number. When I go to close the app and reload it later on, the packages are not there anymore and I have to re-enter them.

- Garrett
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I received email after a Google Checkout purchase with UPS shipping information in it. Hit reply so that I could copy the number ... but I can't. The cursor won't position where that tracking number is. Anyone else done this with Google Checkout? I don't think it's just an image, because even in the compose reply window I can click on the number itself and it will launch a web page. I just can't position the cursor anywhere below the included subject line.

Eventually I did hit on the workaround of clicking the link in the email, going to the web page, and copying the package number from the address bar. But geez.

This isn't a criticism of this app of course, it's of webOS.

NO can do on the copy from email, I tried several times last night to no avail...

But, I still love this app!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    I am having the same issue with #2. I enter a package number. When I go to close the app and reload it later on, the packages are not there anymore and I have to re-enter them.

- Garrett
    I found the issue for those whose packages are not saving. It is an issue with getting a tiny url from bit.ly. I will post a fix later tonight.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    NO can do on the copy from email, I tried several times last night to no avail...

But, I still love this app!

Lee
    You have to reply to the email and copy it from the reply.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    KNOWN ISSUES

- Packages that switch shipping carriers during shipment may declare an error until the delivering carrier receives the package. An example of this is FedEx Smartpost, where USPS is the delivering shipper.

COMING SOON...
    - Show estimated delivery date/days remaining.
    Any update on these two items?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    You have to reply to the email and copy it from the reply.
    Tried that already....

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Tried that already....

Lee
    Must be the format that the sender sent it in because I can copy from emails that I have replied to from Amazon.
    the example notifications just flipped out this morning and now I can't do anything on my phone.

any news on this?

I can't even power off.
  19.    #279  
    Sorry guys been working hard on a new release that has some wanted features should be here soon so you guys can test it. Please hold tight
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Great app! I just donated. One problem, though...

I don't know if this is a functional problem or just a bad display. If I enter a 22-digit USPS tracking number from an Amazon notification, there is an error where USPS reports no record of that number. That's fine, it's probably just too new, but the number it says it looked up is only the last 18 digits of my number. For instance, if I enter 9102901001301103052873, the detail page shows:

USPS reported an errorNo record of

The number is shown correctly in two other places, so it seems to be stored OK. But I don't know if the actual tracking request uses the full number or the truncated one.

Also note the display problems with the error text -- no space, and the USPS-provided error is truncated.