Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    here is another great site to download a bunch of 320x480 animated background Animated wallpapers, screensavers for cellphones (320x480)
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    that's gotta kill your battery. Plus linux is notorious for being laggy with an animated gif as a background image even on server systems with 10+ Gb of memory.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    that's gotta kill your battery. Plus linux is notorious for being laggy with an animated gif as a background image even on server systems with 10+ Gb of memory.

It does on mine, I lose 3 hrs a day of battery using these. I make a lot of calls a day and use b/t so my phone app stays up so bye,bye battery. LOL

Ive removed these and totay I made it till 7:30 before I needed to charge, the 3 previous days I only made it to 4:30.

They are really cool but not worth the battery drain IMHO.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I've no problem with my battery, this hasn't made a significant different, but YMMV!

As to the lag, that is avoided if you OC!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Battery life is pretty drastically impacted on my device, used up 3 batteries on Saturday with very heavy usage. I may take the patch off if I will be out of town and can’t rely on having a touchstone nearby
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Reinstalled today and my battery died by 2:30, Im certain the animation is whats draining the battery.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

dont use the launcher ani. background , unless you reduce the kb of the gif to reduce the power usage .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    haha I was looking at this thread in my phone and it couldn't even load the page cause of all the gif images xD
    lol thats too funny !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Reinstalled today and my battery died by 2:30, Im certain the animation is whats draining the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    dont use the launcher ani. background , unless you reduce the kb of the gif to reduce the power usage .

Not using the Launcher; just the phone and email

Follow the link below.

You it would be cool if a dev could create a weather app using animated gif wallpapers! The app would update the wallpaper with the latest weather shown on the wallpaper using animated gifs etc similar to the way weather widgets work on WM or andriod Sense UI devices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    AniWeather does this in the app, its not possible to do anything to the homescreen wallpaper on the Pre other than change pis that is.

Follow the link below.

Here is a nice little gif which works well with using it for the music bg.

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Here is a nice little gif which works well with using it for the music bg.

Enjoy
    thats cool
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    That cat one looks kind of frightening!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    lol awesome collection of gifs
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no way to fix my messenger that this scrim patch messed up with out epr or doctor ?
    The repair utility works extremely well to fix broken scrims. Much better and cleaner than epr or doctor.

Additionally, has anyone tried to see what happens when an animated background is used with the Psycho Kernel? It seems to me like it would ramp up temperatures very quickly.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Anyone else remember that SMB background for Android? Would be cool to see that on the Pre.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Just wanted to mention that Jason Robitaille's Set Avatar Patch works with animated gifs files as well. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...messaging.html
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast