1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post

64? Wow... My Vic20 seems so old now.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    64? Wow... My Vic20 seems so old now.
    uh... yes...
    wp_vic20_1.jpg
    WOW! Now THERE is a throw back to days of old.

Id be surprised if anyone here (or most at least) were anywhere near a computer when the C64 was the latest/greatest , Well other than OLD me.. That was somewhere around early 1980's. I remember the really cool upgrade from Vic-20, with C64 you got memory expansion in the high tech from of a cassette tape! whooohooo.

Really amazing how far we have come in about 30 years only huh?

Thanks for the memory..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

5.    #5  
    well... i still try to consider myself young (out of desperation) being born 75... at least i consider myself being perfectly timed along current computer evolution. so my first was a vic20 and second a c64, left out amiga and several others untill i bought a pc. but thats never the same. if you have smelled the joy of simplicity and creativity once in messing with those authentic devices you got infected. then you can tell a bloated product without spirit from a adorable, honest concept that is both plain and scalable just by having a real soul... a phone is a potential match per se and the pre certainly hit the bulls eye *mad chuckle*

(omfg now i surely am outed being a lamer ^.-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    WOW! Now THERE is a throw back to days of old.

Id be surprised if anyone here (or most at least) were anywhere near a computer when the C64 was the latest/greatest , Well other than OLD me.. That was somewhere around early 1980's. I remember the really cool upgrade from Vic-20, with C64 you got memory expansion in the high tech from of a cassette tape! whooohooo.

Really amazing how far we have come in about 30 years only huh?

Thanks for the memory..
    Old enough to be a teen when the VIC-20 was released.
    uh... yes...
    wp_vic20_1.jpg
    Um, doesn't that have too much ram? Mine only had 5k, with about 3.5k available. You must have one of them there "expansion cards" that I was not aware of until today.

Thanks though, these are awesome. May I request a C128 model? I made the BIG jump from the VIC-20 to the C128, so I got the 2-for-one upgrade. That's when my programming really took off.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Um, doesn't that have too much ram? Mine only had 5k, with about 3.5k available. You must have one of them there "expansion cards" that I was not aware of until today.
    gosh i have to admit that i cannot tell at all if the shot is authentic because i just really forgott about it

i just took a shot of VICE/... which usually is pretty much authentic still being generic for that device family... but probably some setting in the emulator defaults to a memory expansion which they thought is neccessary to do somthing with it at all ...but still you are right: if its not the original ist must not go in a wallpaper on a pre! =)

Thanks though, these are awesome. May I request a C128 model? I made the BIG jump from the VIC-20 to the C128, so I got the 2-for-one upgrade. That's when my programming really took off.
    you are welcome... its not a lot of efford to throw in a c128/c128d shot... but... there again starts choice... different versions and did the d had more memory? i guess you want it in non-64-mode (of course) ?

still i think the c128 was the beginning of failing to be and grow as what the c64 was...

...will we have the very same conversation about the pre and the pre plus in 30 years?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    Old enough to be a teen when the VIC-20 was released.
    A TEEN! wow! hehhehe

I was in my 30s!! Oh GAWD Im old...
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    A TEEN! wow! hehhehe

I was in my 30s!! Oh GAWD Im old...
    hahaha... I think I was a soph in highschool when that thing it the market!
    I downloaded VICE and fired up the VIC-20 emulator.. it correctly shows 3583 bytes free. I guess I could have done the work to turn that into a wallpaper...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A blast from the past. Now if someone could port Frodo or UAE to the PRE.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I just realized one MAJOR flaw with these wallpapers... it looks like it's running on my phone so I feel like when I type it should show up on the emulator screen!

/geek
  15.    #15  
    I downloaded VICE and fired up the VIC-20 emulator.. it correctly shows 3583 bytes free. I guess I could have done the work to turn that into a wallpaper...
    absolutely... so feel free to release a wallpaper that displays the correct memory... i have no idea but my vice 1.19 (wich is a little out of date) keeps telling me 28159 but it seems to was quite common to have an extension plugged in those days (even when i hadnt myself)

a port of c64 to webos is theoretically a very small step:

jsc64
    (this project is pretty amazing and entertaining when you go into the source and find a clean impelementation of a 6510 processor in javascript)

but i would love to see a vice port on webos still
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    A blast from the past.
    hehe there are at least shoutcast players on webos so we can listen to SLAY Radio on the go
    absolutely... so feel free to release a wallpaper that displays the correct memory...
    Will do.. when I wake up from the coma I am about to enter.

but i would love to see a vice port on webos still
    That is actually what I came back in here to post... Since there are SDL-based binaries of VICE, I would think it would be possible. In theory at least. I mean, they ported DOOM!
  18.    #18  
    Since there are SDL-based binaries of VICE, I would think it would be possible. In theory at least. I mean, they ported DOOM!
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

btw (gadfly note): i think i heared once that apple wont let such thing run on their phones for it is a runtime capable of running untrusted code just like shockwave action script etc. thank god i own a webos phone
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i was a freshman in high school when i got my vic20 W/cassette drive in school we had a computer lab where you could take "computer science" as an elective. we had the best radio shack had to offer the great TRS-80

10 ? "del420 ";
    20 goto 10

run

is there any use for basic language any more
    after all .....
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Darn I had got out of the Navy when the VIC 20 came out.

brings back memory (Timex Sinclair 1000 any one)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast