1.    #1  
    I just noticed today that when viewing wallpapers in the photo app they are nice and crisp. However, when I set them to the wallpaper on my phone it seems that they lose quality. Not as crisp as they look when viewing them in the photos app.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    The Pre copies the wallpaper into another directory-- it may lose quality when it copies the photo.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  3.    #3  
    It copies them into another directory even though it is already on the phone and looks nice in the photos app? It doesn't do it with the preloaded wallpapers. Just the ones I've downloaded.

Scratch that...it seems to do it on the preloaded wallpapers also.
    Last edited by bpyoung83; 03/02/2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Correction
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i saw a post on here where someone said to set the wallpaper from Screen&Lock instead of from your pics and the quality would be better. I tried this, and it _looked_ crisper to me...
    Thank you lswartz what a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    i saw a post on here where someone said to set the wallpaper from Screen&Lock instead of from your pics and the quality would be better. I tried this, and it _looked_ crisper to me...
    I just tried this....I know there shouldnt be any reason why it would look better..but it does seem so to me too.
    You can see the difference here much smoother if you do it from Screen & Lock App like lswartz33 said

Photo App
    Photo App.png

Screen & Lock App
    Screen&Lock App.png
  8.    #8  
    Thanks lswartz33! That did the trick. Kind of odd it does it though...