1.    #1  
    I am looking for more wallpapers that look like they were made specifically for the pre. Any abstract or design will do, just want the dock to match up, and for some to have a 3D like effect on the dock. Think a lot of people would enjoy this!
    You want the dock to match up? What do you mean by that?

Any 320x480 image will work as good as the next.
  3.    #3  
    See how the bottom of the image has what looks like a dock already (or at least an area for the dock to fit). I was looking for more images where it looks like they were made to fit the pre style perfectly, with an area for the dock at the bottom that calls out the dock.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    jedwardmiller is asking for more images that don't extend the pattern into the quick launcher or create some sort of break between the launcher page and quick launcher.
    Oh....Quick Launcher. Where did you ever get "dock" from? Palm was clever and made the Quick Launcher transparent to avoid the need for wallpaper shenanigans like this.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, they did a great job with the transparent quick launch bar, but if you look at these wallpapers on the pre they look very unique and fit in so well. That is why I was hoping for more like them.
    I too was kind of bothered by the quick launch bar obscuring my wallpapers, especially since palm offered the 'wave' launch ability. Some tech-savvy individual created the NoMo QL theme (thanks!), which removes the quick launch bar altogether, allowing full use of the screen for wallpapers. Actually, the theme reduces the bar to 1 pixel high, so it is not visible. It is available through various installers, I prefer preware. If you are interested in homebrew I would highly suggest checking the theme out.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bemben View Post
    I too was kind of bothered by the quick launch bar obscuring my wallpapers, especially since palm offered the 'wave' launch ability. Some tech-savvy individual created the NoMo QL theme (thanks!), which removes the quick launch bar altogether, allowing full use of the screen for wallpapers. Actually, the theme reduces the bar to 1 pixel high, so it is not visible. It is available through various installers, I prefer preware. If you are interested in homebrew I would highly suggest checking the theme out.
    I have seen that theme, and it looks great. But what I am looking for is just wallpaper that matches what the Pre looks like. Take the second image for example. The outline is a perfect fit for the card in a minimized form with the arrows on either side pointing to move the card one way or another, and the bar at the bottom sits exactly above the quick launch bar. It is a VERY clean and unique look for the Pre.
    I've done a few like that on my thread here but they are specifically for the Metroid video game series, so you may not care
    Last edited by kyleboss90; 11/20/2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: link didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by bemben View Post
    There is actually now a patch which does this in Preware.

I think it actually hides it most of the time, you'll notice it pops up sometimes but isn't very noticeable.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleboss90 View Post
    I've done a few like that on my thread here but they are specifically for the Metroid video game series, so you may not care
    Thanks for the reply. It is good to see that I am not the only one looking for this type of wallpaper look.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I think these wallpapers are nice too. The only issue is when you have a notfication icon in your dashboard the dock no longer matches up (unless the dock area is larger) but that's not a biggie.

I've attached one I came across on PreCentral.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    I am looking for more wallpapers that look like they were made specifically for the pre. Any abstract or design will do, just want the dock to match up, and for some to have a 3D like effect on the dock. Think a lot of people would enjoy this!
    that first 1 w/ the arrows is awesome.. using it now

i'll def. keep an eye out for papers like these
    Here's one I whipped together. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the top bar is 28 pixels tall and the launcher is about 68 pixels tall. Allowing for a main image that is 384 pixels x 320 pixels.
    figured i'd give it a shot.. check it out

looks perrty cool when minimizing cards

EDIT - added one w/ the palm pre logo
    Last edited by klubhead; 02/04/2010 at 06:16 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    figured i'd give it a shot.. check it out

looks perrty cool when minimizing cards

EDIT - added one w/ the palm pre logo
    These all look so good! Keep it up, they are perfect!
    I don't have many that are exactly like what you're looking for - most of mine just blend with the quick launch because they have a lot of black - but the first one I'm posting here (the puppy eyes) is a perfect fit as long as you don't have any notifications in your dashboard. I suppose you could edit the file to move him up higher, but I really dig having him peering at me over my quick launcher. I hate having notifications in my dashboard anyway, so he's usually right where he's supposed to be. The next three images are ones that work simply because of the coloring of the images. As for the last image, if you're not a fan of Dragonlance, you won't recognize it and might not care for it, but it's the cover of the second book in the first (totally awesome) trilogy. I specifically arranged that one so it would fit perfectly above the launcher. Again, when you have dashboard notifications, the launcher shoves up just a touch higher than I might like, but after fussing to get the perfect arrangement, this was my personal preference.

Do you use Switcharoo to change out your wallpapers regularly? If not, you should really check it out. It's free from the homebrew app catalog, it's not a patch, and it works great. I love having a different wallpaper every time I turn on my phone. (Well, every half hour, but who's counting? )