1.    #1  
    Is it possible to put video wallpaper on the pre? I youtube'd video wallpaper and there were several cool clips with iphones (i know) with video wallpaper. Regardless of the drain on the battery it seems like a cool feature.
    Might someone be working on an app for that?
    That does sound nifty. Would an animated image work for wallpaper?
    I'm assuming it would work, but gif's are very low detail image formats so it would look horrible with a high enough resolution. (ie a modern smartphone screen resolution)
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I'm assuming it would work, but gif's are very low detail image formats so it would look horrible with a high enough resolution. (ie a modern smartphone screen resolution)
    Huh? A gif image can be whatever resolution you want to make it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    It's not like the device itself is fast, you want something to slow it down even more?
    mmm drempels for the pre would be slick
    I can't even get an animated gif to show up in the photo viewer, much less as wallpaper...
  9.    #9  
    The video wallpaper on youtube was actual movie files not jpeg, png, gif. We won't know about performance it until it is actually on the pre. Seems most of the iphone ppl ussed vwallpaper from cydia.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    My 3 year old samsung can do videos and gif. I know it would be a battery drain and slow everything down a little bit, but the option would be awesome.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    video ring tones would be cool too
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal87 View Post
    video ring tones would be cool too
    i've been wondering the same thing
    I think it would be cool to have the feature where a double tap on the wall paper does something. Like opens an app, or the launcher or maybe a homepage or something. Just a thought.
    I can think of no faster way to kill the battery... short of driving a nail through it...

I would not recommend GIF. That format should of died a decade ago. Perhaps Animated PNG. Like GIF, though, it appears webOS doesn't animate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    its been a few months since this topic was discussed. i've been wondering for a while if/when we'd see animated wallpapers on the pre.
    yeah, i know battery drain, etc. who cares, its awesome! and on top of that, i use my pre in my work truck its on the charger the whole day.

so has anyone made any progress on animated wallpapers? any rumors?
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    i've been wondering the same thing
    But you don't see ringtones. :|