Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just wondering, what are the standards for creating our own wallpapers?

Pixel size, number of colors, resolution, etc.
    Size should be 320x480 pixels, and use as many colors as you like. Also don't forget to show off your work ;-)
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    what program to use?
    I use GIMP to make all my "art", but I guess you could find alternatives on the web. There are also online programs (here's a list) like sumopaint.com. For most, the best would be Photoshop, but that's way too expensive for the average user. Again, I use GIMP (btw, it's free) and absolutely love it!

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    I also use Gimp, would love to use Photoshop, but it is to expensive.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    You can upload pics to http://wallpaper.hellaphone.com/, and they'll resize them for you - just pick iphone sized. It'll even send them to your phone. Easy as can be!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Wallpaperio Palm Pre Maker - Free Palm Pre Wallpaper

Wallpaperio Palm Pre Maker is a free wallpaper maker that creates wallpapers from pictures and photos so you can personalize your Palm Pre. The software can read many types of picture files (jpg, gif, png) and lets you into resize them into the proper size of your Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    I also use Gimp, would love to use Photoshop, but it is to expensive.
    Just FYI, you know you can get a full working legal version of Photoshop cs4 or cs3 for a very reasonable amout.

These are OEM download versions, NOT pirated, perfectly working , just no documentation, just a full download

Here are 2 companies I have worked with and have had excellent results. I teach Photoshop and always have to have the current version, and really HATE spending 500-1000 bucks for it..

Firstpickstore - (Powered by CubeCart)

and if you dont NEED cs4, cs3 is JUST fine,. and you can get it really cheap, $79 bucks here

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended - OEM Soft Store - Easy and Fast Download