Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hello, hello again.

I have a question about wallpapers. This may have been an issue from the start but when I set a perfectly good image as a wallpaper it shows up a little distorted slightly 'pixilated' (for lack of a better word) in some areas, even the ones that came with the phone.

Now like I said this may have been an issue sense the start and I just now noticed. Also this isn't even that big a deal its barely noticeable , you really have to look. I just want to know if it is something with my phone or something I should not worry about... Or I'm bored whateva.
    When you open up apps or websites does it appear pixelated or distorted in the same areas as where you can see distortion? If so, then I'd venture to bet there is something wrong with the screen. If it only affects the wallpaper, maybe there is some distortion embedded in the photo that you can't see on a computer because of the differences in resolutions/pixels per inch.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    When I look at the same image I sent as the wallpaper its fine. Its only after I set it as the wallpaper does it seem 'lower quality' if you will. I'm looking at the wallpaper in my phone as well.

Thanks.
    That seems to indicate that there is probably some kind of compression being applied to the image when it is being used as a wallpaper resulting in a slight drop in quality, probably to save memory for more urgent matters such as keeping those cards up and running. I noticed this on my iPhone as well. I thought it was just me or the fact that on the iPhone lock screen the brightness is ratcheted up to max, but perhaps it is also image compression happening here as well.
    Last edited by Wynd; 07/02/2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Typo correction.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    thanx, wynd, this is what I was thinking and because one other person thought it for a second it makes me content.

(read: thats the answere I wanted)
    Excellent! Glad to have helped.