Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Can you take a pic from the net and put it as wallpaper on the phone?

Thanks, Justin
    Search is a beutiful thing...you cannot save a pic from the web at this time.
    You can take any pic from the web, as long as you use a computer, resize it to the proper resolution 320 x 480, hook up your phone to that computer with the USB cable, pick USB device and copy the picture over, I think there is a wallpaper folder. Once you disconnect again, you can now set it as your wallpaper.

If you were thinking of browsing for pics using the Pres browser, and just somehow setting the pic you're looking at as your wallpaper, like you can in Windows, then no, you can't do that.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Justin
    You wrote Thanks twice....but you didn't hit the button! lol
    well you could use the screen capture function, then once it's in the camera roll you can set it as wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway View Post
    Can you take a pic from the net and put it as wallpaper on the phone?

Thanks, Justin
    Here is what I did Justin and it is probably the best way.

I am sure you have your email synced with your pre. Simply attach a picture of a good background and email it to yourself. Check your email on your pre and open the attachment. Once it is opened, right on the bottom there will be a "Copy to Photos" button, press that. And then your picture attachment will be in your photos on your phone and you can make it your background from there.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Palm Pre Wallpapers - a set on Flickr

Here are 6 ones i made from pictures i took traveling. Feel free to use them. I current;y have the door as my wallpaper. The wine bottle is a cool too.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    lol
    this was very helpful
    I used google image search and set a 320X480 filter for the search. Then use the PRELOAD APP from HOMEBREW. From there you can use a download tool on the PRELOAD APP used for downloading images via the URL which is of course noted right next to the images that you highlight on the google image search. Sounds like more than it is..its easy. Not to mention the ease of search on google. Use the "classic" version of google image.
    One more note...my above reply...it can all be done without using computer...although you still have to use PRE'S tiny keyboard...can't wait for better cut and paste with WEBOS 1.2 update...