Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i saved a internet pic as my wall paper

i saw in another thread that someone said you couldnt do it..i did!! here is my wall paper
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Care to share the technique?
    Yeah..it'd be great to know how you did it!

By the way, does your phone have the dreaded reception problem? Just wondering because you are using wifi and only have one bar.
    It doesn't help much if you don't tell people exactly how you did it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    oh crap, i thought i did..my fault..sorry guys

find the pic you want,

do a screen capture by holding down the orange button + Sym + P

go to your photos it will have wallpapers, screen capture and "ALL images" it will be in the all images app, click on the pic to enlarge then click the little arrow at top left, set as wall paper and ur done!

hope it works for ya...
    He took a screenshot... see how there are back and forward buttons behind his dock?

Yawn...
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I think he just took a screenshot (orange + Sym + P). Hence the back and reload buttons still floating on the bottom. When you take a picture it saves in your photos under "screencapture."
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah..it'd be great to know how you did it!

By the way, does your phone have the dreaded reception problem? Just wondering because you are using wifi and only have one bar.
    no really, i live in a rural area of town, but when im out i get good reception..but im on my second charge of the day now...god i hope they find a solution for that..lol
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I saw the option to do so in an email attachment but not a in the web browser.
    They really need a way to save an image. Like even if I go to a jpg file directly, I can't do anything with it. Sending it as an e-mail just sends a link right?
    Would be awesome to go to a gallery like flickr and just select a pic and set as wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Twelve View Post
    He took a screenshot... see how there are back and forward buttons behind his dock?

Yawn...
    better than the boring wall paper thats pre loaded..i can live with it..you dont have to..
    Quote Originally Posted by trbobusa View Post
    better than the boring wall paper thats pre loaded..i can live with it..you dont have to..
    Sorry I'm so cranky lol. I just plugged in my phone and copied over some of my own pics. Its more work and not always feasible, but I don't change my background all that often anyways.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well you could also just email a picture to yourself from a computer and then set it as your wall paper, or you could connect a usb cable and just transfer the photos over the old fashioned way. Theres lots of ways to get it done. The screen shot way was already known about to most folks here so its a bit of let down for some of us to find out thats how you did it. Plus I think its safe to say we'd all like the ability to download files from the browser. Nicely done though
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    sorry for the let down..geez u guys are cranky tonight..i'll be sure not to post anything else i find.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    sorry for the let down..geez u guys are cranky tonight..i'll be sure not to post anything else i find.
    I wasn't being sarcastic with the thumbs up, most people wouldn't have considered doing the screen shot trick. It just happened to be mentioned in the live broadcast last Friday.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    well you could also just email a picture to yourself from a computer and then set it as your wall paper, or you could connect a usb cable and just transfer the photos over the old fashioned way. Theres lots of ways to get it done. The screen shot way was already known about to most folks here so its a bit of let down for some of us to find out thats how you did it. Plus I think its safe to say we'd all like the ability to download files from the browser. Nicely done though
    Thats what i do as well. I go to Interfacelift.com (check it out) on my home computer and get some pretty cool pics (size "320x480 iPhone") and just send them to my email then download them on my phone...

you have to save the pics on your computer from the site by right clicking etc.. and then attach them in your email. there is no direct download.
    Yea this really is a bummer. We've created a whole interface for mobile users and it turns out saving images is a hassle. I guess you can do it the old fashion way and just download / sync on your desktops.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    This isn't actually saving an image though.
    Aww c'mon Mary, grow some thick skin, would ya?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast