Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Actually this is a new one for me so Thanks!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You don't have to take a screenshot, the Pre will do it for you! Frame a picture on you want as your wallpaper with the browser. (eg Pinch and pan until you have an image you want filling your screen).

From the web menu go click Page>Share and send it to yourself. The browser will take a screenshot and attach it to your email (from your current view of the web page.) Open the email and the attachment and save it.

Sadly I just noticed that the photo app doesn't load pngs which is what the browser saves as a screen shot... so this method doesn't work after all (you do get a nice wallpaper size image out of it!)
    Personally I would just find some good pictures and save them on my computer and transfer them via USB, email whichever. I can see wanting to be able to grab pics off the browser though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trbobusa View Post
    YES! you can save a internet pic as wall paper
    You can also export your old DECAlpha VMS syslogs and use them for wallpaper too. You know, by taking a picture of the terminal with the phone.

Come on....
    Hey busa, I just found this out. For 2X the battery life got to: Launcher / swipe all the right to Location Services / Turn OFF USE GPS SERVICES. I was charging the phone every 4-6 hours now It lasts the whole day 16-24hrs depending on usage. Google map directions dont work very well just remember to turn USE GPS back on if you want to it. Navi will ask you to turn it GPS on by tapping, yes turn GPS on when you launch it.
    Last edited by alasvegas; 06/27/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alasvegas View Post
    Hey busa, I just found this out. For 2X the battery life got to: Launcher / swipe all the right to Location Services / Turn OFF GPS SERVICES. I was charging the phone every 4-6 hours now It lasts the whole day 16-24hrs depending on usage. Sprint navigation and Google map directions dont work very well just remember to turn GPS back on if you want to use them.
    Clearly you are lost and have posted in the incorrect thread. There are 14 thousand battery life threads to which this would be more appropriate.

Consider your pee-pee spanked!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    it works for me thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    FAIL
    Little tip for those looking for a really quick way to save wallpapers to your phone: (requires a rooted pre)

SSH into your pre and become root ("su -"). Then
    # cd /media/internal/wallpapers

to change to the wallpapers directory, and for each picture on the web you wish to save to your phone, simply right click on it in your browser, select "Copy image location" to copy its address to your clipboard, then switch to your ssh terminal window, type "wget ", paste the address (simple right click in PuTTY does the trick) and press enter. The wget command will download the picture straight to your wallpapers folder.

You can very quickly save lots of wallpaper images to your phone this way without having to go through the trouble of connecting as a USB drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by trbobusa View Post
    sorry for the let down..geez u guys are cranky tonight..i'll be sure not to post anything else i find.
    Oh come on, how about if we all take you out for some ice cream, would that make you feel better?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    In all seriousness, I thought you could crop a picture on the Pre before setting it as wallpaper. Maybe you could load the screen capture in the Pictures app, pinch-and-zoom until you remove the back and reload buttons, and then take another screen capture.

EDIT: Ok, it is a lot of work for something that could be implemented easily using a menu option in the browser, but here is the progression I went through to make a wallpaper out of an image through the browser:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rhody; 06/29/2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Instruction for an Example
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    well not everyone here knows about this (i didn't) so much thanks...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12