1.    #1  
    Great, now the all Wave Gliders have crossed the barrier of 1000.0 Nautical miles.
    See the post bellow.

Erratum: due to a mix between longitude and latitude in the Dataset, the real distances are lower than announced. No Wave Glider has crossed the 1000.0 Nautical miles barrier on today, they have all crossed the 1000.0 Terrestrial miles barrier (if I am not wrong this time).
    Today, at 2011-12-28T19:46:23Z, the Wave Glider Fontaine Maru has crossed the barrier of 1000 Nautical miles. Follow it on the web @ PacX challenge data
    And also on TouchPad with the Gliders Data Tracking...
    Last edited by jpiquard; 01/08/2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Erratum on computation / Corrected computation
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    was it running webOS ? if its GPS worked, im guessing not
  3.    #3  
    The conditions of the trip in the Pacific ocean are quite hard to a webOS device.
    See
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    from that picture im reminded more of a submarine :|
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    from that picture im reminded more of a submarine :|
    In fact, a large part of the wave glider robot is submarine.
    For more information, take a look at NOAA-Carbon Wave Glider
  6.    #6  
    Today, at 2011-12-29T11:26:16Z (UTC), another Wave Glider called Papa Mau has crossed the barrier of 1000 Nautical miles (computed with Power Measurements Dataset).
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
  7.    #7  
    was it running webOS ? if its GPS worked, im guessing not
    There wave gliders are managed by Linux (see @ Linux Based Robots Depart on a 300 Day Journey Around the World)
    The heart of webOS...
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    but isnt our GPS bugged/broken, hense the stupidity of HP/PALM and the NDrive authors who both refuse to fix the bug for god knows what reasons?
  9.    #9  
    but isnt our GPS bugged/broken, hense the stupidity of HP/PALM and the NDrive authors who both refuse to fix the bug for god knows what reasons?
    What is the link with the Wave Gliders ?
    Could you give me the context or if there is not link, please create another thread to solve your problem with NDrive app ?!
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    it seems my first joke reply about ribbing webOS and GPS failed hard.

/me hails a taxi for one.
  11.    #11  
    The four wave gliders in pacific ocean have all crossed the first 1000.0 Nm (Nautical miles)
    The winner is "Papa Mau Glider" @ 2012-01-04T20:26:38Z,
    The second is "Benjamin Glider" @ 2012-01-05T02:43:23Z,
    The "Fontaine Maru Glider", after some slow speed during days, is in fact the third @ 2012-01-05T11:47:10Z.
    And my favorite, the "Piccard Maru Glider" has crossed the barrier @ 2012-01-06T02:16:29Z.
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
  12.    #12  
    After two months in the sea "alone" (Day 062), the four Wave Gliders have done more than 2500 kilometers and are around mid distance from San Francisco to Hawaii islands.
    During the travel, they have collected a lot of data from the following data loggers:
    - "Airmar PB200 weather station" = 18682 records / Fontaine Maru (25%), Piccard Maru (27%), Papa Mau (25%), Benjamin (23%),
    - "Conductivity, Temperature, Depth (pressure), Salinity and Dissolved Oxygen" = 140130 records / Fontaine Maru (30%), Piccard Maru (23%), Papa Mau (25%), Benjamin (22%),
    - "MOSE-G directional wave sensor" = 4360 records / Fontaine Maru (23%), Piccard Maru (23%), Papa Mau (27%), Benjamin (27%),
    - "Power measurements from all parts of the robot" = 6000 records / Fontaine Maru (25%), Piccard Maru (25%), Papa Mau (25%), Benjamin (25%),
    - "Standard telemetry reports from the glider itself" = 54435 records / Fontaine Maru (25%), Piccard Maru (26%), Papa Mau (24%), Benjamin (25%),
    - "Turner Designs C3 Submersible Fluorometer" = 62305 records / Fontaine Maru (24%), Piccard Maru (26%), Papa Mau (26%), Benjamin (24%),
    Next step, start to analyze collected data...
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
  13.    #13  
    Last week, three of the four Wave Gliders have crossed the 2000.0 Nautical Miles.
    1- The first is "Papa Mau" crossing the barrier at 2012-02-04T19:27:52Z,
    2- The second is "Fontaine Maru" crossing the barrier at 2012-02-06T03:48:38Z,
    3- The third is "Benjamin" crossing the barrier at 2012-02-10T16:45:53Z,
    The next challenge is now to arrive at the "WP: 246 - Buoy 51100 (NDBC N HI)" near Hawaii.

4- The last is always my favorite "Piccard Maru" Glider, which has crossed the 2000 Nm barrier at 2012-02-14T01:17:09Z.
    Last edited by jpiquard; 02/14/2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Adding Piccard Maru Glider
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
  14.    #14  
    The Wave Glider Fontaine Maru arrived in Hawaii last 8th of March with more than 2500 Nm (around 2886 Nm) is going to the Guinness World Records for "the longest distance traveled by unmanned wave power vehicles." see <<Robots Set New World Record for Ocean Travel>>
    During a small break for the winner, the second glider "Benjamin" is waiting and the two others have some troubles:
    1- Since the 24th of February, the Papa Mau Glider doesn't send data and is continuing to float without target way point (a problem in Iridium antenna). A rescue is planned in few days.
    2- Since the 6th of March, the Piccard Maru Glider has lost the control of is rudder and all submarine sensors don't send data. Even if is trying to follow a target, no way to control the direction and the speed. A rescue is also planned.
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software